Posorsity Control

marygrove013

Does anyone use Roux porosity control right before a relaxer...Or do you wait a couple of days after a relaxer to use it? Thanks for your help in advance....

HoneyDew

I use it right after every relaxing.

As a matter of fact, that is the only time I use it.

I use it, not only because of what they claim it does, but because it has such a low pH.

Arcadian

marygrove013 said:
Does anyone use Roux porosity control right before a relaxer...Or do you wait a couple of days after a relaxer to use it? Thanks for your help in advance....

I used to use PC all the time. I really don't like the smell of it so I had to find replacements for it.

I still use to use it prior relaxing to protect my previously relaxed ends.
I may always use it here because a small bottle goes a long way (its quite cheap and works well and the smell dosen't linger afterwards. Just be careful not to get any on your virgin hair.

I also used to use it after rinsing the relaxer out, just prior to shampooing. I would just apply throughout my head and let it sit for 5 minutes. I now use Affirm Sustenance for this step. (they're the same PH)

I also used it as apart of my final conditioner after relaxing, especially since I use a demi color my hair. I now use Nexxus Ensure for this (its a slightly lower PH and it smells better)

I also used to use it as a hair rinse after working out. I now use Nexxus Ensure for this.

I also used to add it to my Deep Conditioners. I now use Nexxus Ensure for this.

There's lots of uses for it, and it does work wonderfully, but the smell was such a turn off for me especially since it can really linger for quite a while.

But don't let that put you off, some people like the smell just fine! (I'm just weird:lol: )

Once I'm out of Ensure I may have to go back to it temporarily unless I find a replacement. So even though I think it smells awful, it does work and I'll always use it if I have to.

HTH

-A

HoneyDew

How do you guys use it before? Do you wet your hair 1st or do you just apply it to dry hair?

NeeSee

I use this all the time. As matter of fact I use it everytime I was right before I apply my conditioner. For some reason it seems to allow my conditioners to take better.

Arcadian

HoneyDew said:
How do you guys use it before? Do you wet your hair 1st or do you just apply it to dry hair?

I put a little in my hands and apply to dry hair. You do have to be careful to try to not get it on any of your unrelaxed hair.

-A

Why do you guys say to not get it on virgin hair?

I did a relaxing treatment recently and thought I was doing good by using PC 3 days before my relaxer and I applied it to virgin and relaxed hair b/c I thought that would help the chemical process better?

Now i'm confused.

HoneyDew

LABETT said:
...I also mix it with Garnier Fructis 3 Min Mask.

The Smooth and Sleek one? OT, but how do you like that (sorry for the Hijack MG) and do you leave your mixture in for 3 min?