Porosity Control Challenge!

Vonnieluvs08

I had a wash day on saturday and decided to pull out my RPC and try to start using it up. I washed, cowashed and then applied the RPC and let sit 5 min. I did a cold water rinse and my hair felt wierd and thick. So I did a quick warm water rinse but that didn't help so I did another cold rinse. When I looked in the mirror my curls were so clumped and defined it was unbelievable. I think I'll use RPC during my WnG weeks and ACV the rest of the time.

1. Has anyone ever used Vitamin Shoppe Organic ACV?
2. Where can you purchase the ACV bars?

Ronnieaj

I had a wash day on saturday and decided to pull out my RPC and try to start using it up. I washed, cowashed and then applied the RPC and let sit 5 min. I did a cold water rinse and my hair felt wierd and thick. So I did a quick warm water rinse but that didn't help so I did another cold rinse. When I looked in the mirror my curls were so clumped and defined it was unbelievable. I think I'll use RPC during my WnG weeks and ACV the rest of the time.

1. Has anyone ever used Vitamin Shoppe Organic ACV?
2. Where can you purchase the ACV bars?

1. Nope. Only used Bragg's, but they should be pretty doggone similar.
2. Shay posted a link on the very first page of the thread. It's N'Joi Creations, on etsy.com

panamoni

ACV rinsed this morning after clarifying and a protein treatment. This is the first time the ACV didn't make my hair soft and detangled. Mabye it's better after a moisturizing condishoner...

morehairplease

Just checking in ladies.....prepooing/dcing now for 1-3 hrs. with mild protein conditioner & oil.

Will shampoo and do a quick cw/acv rinse in the shower.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
ITA with T and ronnieaj. I acv rinse 5x/wk and my hair loves it so I don't report in every single time.

panamoni

Yes, I think ACV rinsing only after moisturizing DC's is best for me. ACV rinsed this morning after overnight DC'ing in Hairveda's Sitrinilla DC. The ACV made detangling a breeze.

I also ACV rinse about 4 times a week, following DCing every other day (now only after the moisturizing DC's, not directly after protein).

morehairplease

Checking in ladies.....dcw now for without heat for an hour or two w/moisturizing conditioner, egg, and oil. Will do a quick cw in the shower and use pc for 2-3 minutes.

PaleoChick

Is it too late to join? I was using ACV, but my hair laughed at me. So, I am getting a bottle of PC and I am just going to make this a wash day all over again.

angenoir

PC is the truth!
It has become a staple of mine. I routinely add it to all my conditioners and sometimes use it on its own. It has really really helped my hair.

NB- I use CON PC not Roux and I think both brands are very good!

morehairplease

dc/pre-pooing now with moisturizing/mild protein conditioner and oil for 3 hrs. without heat. I will do an acv rinse for 2-3 min. in the shower after rinsing my hair.

morehairplease

dc/pre-pooing now with moisturizing/mild protein conditioner and oil for 1 hr. without heat. In the shower, I will do a quick cw and acv rinse.

panamoni

As always, ACV rinsed this morning after rinsincg out AO HSR. Detangled like a breeze (have I mentioned, I'm 16 weeks post).

ACV rinsed Saturday after DCing with Hairveda's Sitrinillah DC.

varaneka

should I use fermoydl and porosity control

I've chemically wrecked my hair from dyes and relaxer no-no's

I've done it over and over and I'm about to do something drastic

I've not used either of these products

Ronnieaj

I made a new acv rinse, adding some agave nectar to the mix and lowering the amount of oil a bit. I also added horsetail, nettle, and burdock root to it, along with a capful of honeyquat and SAA. I've been using it after every wash. I don't EVEN want to tell you how stupidly soft my hair is :grin:!!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
should I use fermoydl and porosity control

I've chemically wrecked my hair from dyes and relaxer no-no's

I've done it over and over and I'm about to do something drastic

I've not used either of these products

CSF: I use these two products Weekly. I do my Final PC Rinse and I use Fermodyl 619 in addition to my Leave-In. The PC rinses out. The Fermodyl is your leave-in.

It's Definitely okay to use them both. And I strongly encourage you to do so, to fix your problems.:yep:

My Hair was also 'Wrecked' from Double Processing, Overprocessing, Overlapping....you name it, I had it.:blush:

After about a month using PC Weekly, my Hair recovered. Now, I am nursing it back to health.:yep:

Vonnieluvs08

I made a new acv rinse, adding some agave nectar to the mix and lowering the amount of oil a bit. I also added horsetail, nettle, and burdock root to it, along with a capful of honeyquat and SAA. I've been using it after every wash. I don't EVEN want to tell you how stupidly soft my hair is :grin:!!!!

This sounds awesome!! Do you rinse this out or leave it in? If you leave it in do you use leave-ins over top of it and does it wor k well? Sorry for the questions but I may have to try this in time. TIA

Aggie

OMG! Why didn't I join this challenge? I am an avid user of Porosity Control conditioner and acv rinses. I totally missed out on this one. Anyway, I absolutely love PC conditioner and use it every week.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
OMG! Why didn't I join this challenge? I am an avid user of Porosity Control conditioner and acv rinses. I totally missed out on this one. Anyway, I absolutely love PC conditioner and use it every week.

Yes, it is really a Great Product. And a Staple for Me.:yep: It is the One Product that Practially singlehandedly turned my hair around.

Especially after my Setback, when several people looked "at my hair" (Not In My Hair at the Actual Damage), but literally at it and said: "Your Hair is Overly Porous":perplexed

Last edited:

morehairplease

Just checking in ladies....I am pre-pooing/deep conditioning now with a mild protein conditioner and will do a cleansing conditioner/acv rinse once in the shower.

ChcolatAquarius

Havent checked in since the beginning of the challenge but I slipped up on using PC and used it for the first time in a while yesterday and this stuff is a MIRACLE WORKER! Thanks for the challenge Tiffers!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Been using the acv bar 3x/wk now. Once I use it up I will switch to using Hairveda's ACV rinse. Come the new year I will switch to doing my hair 2x/wk so I will only acv rinse 2x/wk.