How do you prefer to do your WASH 'N GOs? Overnight, instant or diffuser? And why?

How do you do your WASH 'N GOs?

• I don't use any of these methods (please describe).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jada1111

Re: How do you prefer to do your WASH 'N GOs? Overnight, instant or diffuser? And wh

Natural ladies,

When you wash 'n go, do you do it:

** instant? Do you do a true wash 'n go & leave your hair wet/ damp when you leave the house?

I used to when it was shorter.

** with a diffuser to dry? If so, describe your method/ routine.

I wash my hair in the morning, apply styling product to wet sectioned hair, smoothing it out with my fingers. I then use the diffuser to get rid of the drippies. My hair my still be damp, but not dripping wet.

I use various gels, but I don't hold true to any one thing. I don't use a leave-in, unless I'm using a certain styling product where it won't be a problem. Current gels Abba Pure Volume Gel, Curls Gel-es-c, and the infamous Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly. LOL! :lachen:

Next on my list is Mizani's True Textures Moisture Stretch Curl Extending Cream. It's for kinky hair and looks promising. I prefer creams over gels, if I can find one that's not too coating.

Last edited:

drappedup

Re: How do you prefer to do your WASH 'N GOs? Overnight, instant or diffuser? And wh

I wash and then put my leave in in, then put it up in a bun. In the morning I don't really do anything unless I need a little smoothing balm or frizz hair spray (I have to wear a hat anytime I'm outdoors for work, so I normally end up doing this, for extra hold), and then I leave it up until the next time I wash. It's been working fine for me. I didn't know which option this is, so I didn't vote.

BostonMaria

I had a difusser and gave it to my DD. I couldn't figure it out :giggle: don't judge me
I just walk out the house with wet hair and a few hours later its dry. I haven't perfected the wash and go yet.

Lyoness

I wash and go in the evenings (6-8pm)... Ill put whatever moisturiser in it or kccc(on its own) I'll let it drip dry and last thing before bed I'll do two very loose plaits (maybe 2/3crossovers) leaving the ends loose.. The next morning it's still damp enough to separate without adding any other products..

I do it this way as I have problems with layering product on my hair and adding products on dry hair doesn't absorb as well into the shaft

mariofmagdal

Instant wash and go for me. If it happens, it's usually because I am running late to church and refuse to be otherwise bothered. So, my usual wash routine, moisturizers, no drying. By the end of the day, I wash with conditioner, detangle and return to my beloved bun. This rarely happens mind you.

Truth

Instant wash n go ..co wash..apply some leave ins..a little bit of scurl.. pull it up in a puff..call it a day..

shinyblackhair

I can just wash n go, with my TWA. Co-wash with VO5 or White Rain, add some Captivating Curls, Giovanni Direct and a touch of ORS Olive Oil a headband and I'm good.

adf23

I cowash in the shower, detangle, rinse, apply more cheap conditioner, get out shower (leave conditioner in my hair..about a half dollar worth). That's it. I don't touch it again til its dry. I try not to leave the house til its dry only cause *to me* my hair is kinda flat just leaving it- I like to fluff it out some.

suburbanbushbabe

I wouldn't call it instant because it extends my shower time by 20-25 minutes. I shampoo or cowash and condition for 5 or so minutes then finger detangle. Depending on the conditioner I'll either leave it all in, or rinse and apply another conditioner or leave in. Scrunch in a little shea butter, then gel. If it's really drippy, I'll blot/scrunch with a Curls Like Us cloth. I drape a floursack towel to protect my clothing. Mostly air dry and occasionally diffuse the rest of the way around Noon. I do this about 2x a week.

NikStarrr

I diffuse to about 80% dry (only takes about 10 min).

I co-wash, and then leave in a little conditioner. Once out of the shower I apply a coconut/avocado/castor oil blend I made and then apply EcoStyler gel. I then wrap a towel around my head while I'm getting dressed. I do not comb my hair at all once out of the shower, by the way. Once dressed, I remove the towel and diffuse for 10 minutes. My wash-n-go's last for about 3 days if I want.

Black Hoya Chick

I prefer instant. it just looks more "natural." I cowash my hair. while it is dripping (i don't keep it sopping wet, i just do it immediately as its drying), i add my leave-in in 4 sections, pinning up the section to keep it wet/damp. 1 by 1 i take down a section and split it into 3 and smooth gel into each section. then i just let it be. i do this to my whole head. then smooth my hands and LIGHTLY finger comb for shape. tis all.

Diva_Esq

^ @ Black Hoya Chick: This sounds a lot like what I do now! I wasn't using enough product & separating enough so it was only curling on the ends. I fixed it by doing what you described. Also, my hair wasn't wet enough. TRIAL & ERROR!

Janet'

I do a same day wash and go...