How do you prefer to do your WASH 'N GOs? Overnight, instant or diffuser? And why?

How do you do your WASH 'N GOs?

• I don't use any of these methods (please describe).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diva_Esq

Natural ladies,

When you wash 'n go, do you do it:

** overnight? If so, what is your routine for sleeping on it/ drying it overnight? And what do you do in the morning to style?

** instant? Do you do a true wash 'n go & leave your hair wet/ damp when you leave the house? If so, what is your routine? Is your shirt collar wet?

** with a diffuser to dry? If so, describe your method/ routine.

Please discuss your routine/ steps/ method/ process, products, tools & why you like this method/ what happened that you didn't like with other methods.

Thanks in advance for helping us master the wash 'n go! :D

Ms.Christ3n

Re: How do you prefer to do your WASH 'N GOs? Overnight, instant or diffuser? And wh

I do a true wash and go. I don't want single strand knots or tangles so I do it everyday as a precaution.
I cowash every morning and dry my hair off before I get dressed. When I'm dressed, I put a towel over my shoulders and spray my hair with a vegetable glycerin & water mix to re-wet it.
I then add my oils and some eco-styler gel, hold my head upside down and shake it. It comes out nice and fluffy everytime!:grin:
The collar of my shirt usually is not wet because by the time I do my make up and maybe eat breakfast my hair is no longer dripping.

ClassicBeauty

Re: How do you prefer to do your WASH 'N GOs? Overnight, instant or diffuser? And wh

I just recently bought a dryer with a diffuser, and I must say that it has helped the frizz when I wear my hair curly. My hiar is still HUGE, but it seems less frizzy and more curly/wavy. I'm usually anti-blow dryers, but after looking at curly fotkis one day, I decided to give it a try and buy a diffuser. I'm pretty happy with the diffuser. I've never dried it all the way, but just enought to get rid of the drip.

Of course I wear my hair straight (flat-ironed) most of the time, so I'm not the curly expert.

MonPetite

It depends on the weather.

Sixty and above -a damp head I will have.

Sixty and below - the diffuser is my friend.

I do my "Cap n Go Method" instead of Wash and Goes, when I'm wearing my TWA out.

kittykhat

Usually I just co wash with either mane n tail olive oil conditioner or herbal essences hello hydration, then I use herbal essences long term relationship leave in conditioner or tresemme curl cream. Sometimes I'll put some eco styler gel (clear) on top of my leave in to define my curls more. That's all I do.:yep:

ConsiderCamille

In the summer, I do a true wash and go, and I always put some type of leave in, usually Giovanni Direct, and I may use KCCC but I'm trying to stray away from gels so sometimes I just use the moisturizer and go (I don't mind a frizzy fro because I have a twa and it's not huge)

Also, this wasn't an option but sometimes if I have time I'll sit under the dryer on cool and let it dry somewhat to stop the dripping.

likewtr4chklit

Overnight (cap & go)

I wash twice a week, and band my hair with the conditioner still in. Wrap it up in a few scarves and let it do what it do. If it's damp in the morning oh well, I still put a head band on and go.

In between washes I spritz my hair at night with a mix of acv and water and then moisturize with Taliah Waajid's hair Bodifying Mist, seal with avocado oil, and then put on a shower cap. I sleep in my shower cap and tease my hair out with my fingers in the morning.

Ms.Christ3n

Overnight (cap & go)

I wash twice a week, and band my hair with the conditioner still in. Wrap it up in a few scarves and let it do what it do. If it's damp in the morning oh well, I still put a head band on and go.

In between washes I spritz my hair at night with a mix of acv and water and then moisturize with Taliah Waajid's hair Bodifying Mist, seal with avocado oil, and then put on a shower cap. I sleep in my shower cap and tease my hair out with my fingers in the morning.

Do you have any knots and/or tangling using the "cap and go" method? That is the "cap and go" method, right?:perplexed

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing

If I use KCCC as a styling product, I'll do it at night cause it takes forever to dry. I'll apply the product then try to get most of the moisture out with a microfiber towel or a t-shirt. Then, I'd put it in a very very very loose low ponytail with a scrunchie (I don't double it up or anything either). and go to sleep. I may put on a bonnet too, just so that I don't have to feel the wet ponytail on the back of my neck. In the morning I fluff and go. If my curls have flattened out a bit, I'd spritz lightly with water.

Other times (which is most times) when not using KCCC, I will do it as I'm getting ready for the day or whatever.

freecurl

The majority of the time, I wash and detangle at night, then braid my hair in 2 or 4 ponytails to stretch my hair, then mist and condition in AM. I may do this everyday for up to 1 week until my next wash.
If I want a fresh look, I may wash and detangle in AM, towel dry with a microfiber towel, leave in conditioner and sometimes gel, then diffuse.
If I did a straight wash and go, my hair would remain flat looking.:nono:

Diva_Esq

Thanks ladies! More, more, more responses, please! :)

jupitermoon

I voted true, instant wash and go. Sometimes I co wash as much as every day then sometimes only once or twice a week. I rarely co wash at night because I don't like sleeping with wet hair.

I detangle with Sauve and use Giovanni conditioner and sometimes extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) as a leave in. I then put my hair in a braid, bun or updo to dry. I don't use gels, mousse, or other "stylers" because they dry out my hair terribly. Conditioner and sometimes EVOO only.

mkd

I usually do mine overnight. I use an afroveda butter and KCCC and make a very loose low pony and put on my bonnet. In the morning, I spritz with a lot of water and style it.

Taina

Instant wash and go, my hair is short yet so i enjoy co-washing my hair every day

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

I dry completely before leaving. I will never go to bed with wet hair because it messes my sinuses all up. I just air dry or sit under the dryer if i want it dry faster, i rarely diffuse.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

Instant wash n go for me.
I wash moisturize mousse scrunch then go.
my hair is still damp when i leave.
I never use a diffuser.

I put my "technique" up on yt if you wanna look at it.
I saw you and all your mousse:grin:. Your wng looked beautiful.

DarkVictory

Wash or co-wash first thing in the morning, put in some aloe or jojoba oil, wrap in a Turbie-Twist. By the time I'm done with breakfast, it's no longer dripping wet. Pull it back into a puff and I'm ready.

When my schedule falls apart and I have to wash it at night, I put it in plaits and sleep in a Turbie Twist.

Last edited:

chebaby

i do my w&g in the shower right before i need to leave the house. i will not sleep with wet hair and doing it before i leave the house allows for my hair to dry naturally.

classychic1908

I cowash, apply leave ins, and smooth and rake in gel. If I'm going right out I pineapple for a bit and tie with my scarf as I get dressed. When I'm about to go, I loose the ponytail and shake. If I'm not going out right away, I will do as above but instead of the pineapple, I will put my hair in four plaits and tie with my scarf until mostly dry.

I only cowash once or maybe twice a week, in between I just sleep with my hair in a loose bun and let the steam from the shower perk my hair up in the mornings. I also usually spritz my hair daily, most often at night.

likewtr4chklit

Do you have any knots and/or tangling using the "cap and go" method? That is the "cap and go" method, right?:perplexed

No tangles for me. I detangle with my fingers at night so I'm good to go in the morn. I call it the cap and go but I don't know if that means something else to others :yep:

likewtr4chklit

I like this diffuser idea. I always wondered what mine was for :giggle: it came with the blow dryer.

natalie20121

I cowash in the morning. Rub a little bit of Knot Today in and just a little bit of KCCC, shake and spray a bit of Jheri Juice. I use Wave Nouveoux... It helps my hair not feel crunchy. It's still damp when I leave but not soaking wet.

gennatay

I co-wash in the shower and use a leave-in, oils and eco gel. If I wear a scarf I tie it around my head loosely to get a really good puff for a couple of days. I freshen the curls with spray gel and leave-in the next day.

Tene

Sometimes I let my hair airdry, and sometimes I use a diffuser.

O-ren

I cowash/wash at night, and baggy immediately afterwards, every night. Because I baggy my hair is still damp in the morning, and I spruce in the morning and go.

Does that still count as a WNG???

Bigghair

The majority of the time, I wash and detangle at night, then braid my hair in 2 or 4 ponytails to stretch my hair, then mist and condition in AM. I may do this everyday for up to 1 week until my next wash.
If I want a fresh look, I may wash and detangle in AM, towel dry with a microfiber towel, leave in conditioner and sometimes gel, then diffuse.
If I did a straight wash and go, my hair would remain flat looking.:nono:

The highlighted is why I do mine at night. After drying my hair looks flat at first. I do one or 2 ponytails or buns to dry at night then moisturize in the morning. My wash and go will last all week if I want it to. I just add more moisturizer. Right now I am using Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 juice. :grin:

Filmatic

I do a true wash and go. I cw apply lustrasilk as a leave in and seal with crisco. I put it in 4 ponytails until only 75% wet and add mouse if I want or maybe a little gelee to the ends.

PrincessLinzz

I co-wash my hair and hold my head upside down under the faucet while the water is still running. I put a glob of mousse in my hand while its upside down and run the mousse throughout my hair. I flip my hair back stand up and now take the S-Curl moisturizer and run it from root to tip.

I let it air dry some and use one of those clips with the teeth turn my hair in circles and bun it. I put the satin scarf around the front and then the satin cap on my head. I look crazy @ night but my hair looks fierce in the morning. I wear it mostly in a pony though. Too self conscious to wear it all out.:look: