For NATURALS who WASH N GO.....

Whimsy

Hi Girls,

I did a wash n go this weekend and my hair dried into this BIG fluffy mass of curls/waves and I just loved it. (i used cantu leave-in and mousse...yes, mousse)
Detangling in the shower was not even a major fiasco... I was wondering to myself why I ever stopped. I think I'll be working these into my braidout rotation this summer.

Naturals....

Do you wash n go?

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched?

What products do you use?

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not?

gmw

I do wng's all the time once it is warm. I use a leave in with KCCC.

Afro (short) unstretched.
Shouler length bob stretched

that_1_grrrl

Do you wash n go? Yes

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Don't know what to call it. I guess neck length stretched.

What products do you use? Oil with amla, apply V05, rinse, then seal with vatika.

mkd

Do you wash n go?

Yes, braidouts and twist outs look bad when I do them. I guess I just have not mastered them.

Stretched between APL and BSL. Unstretched a little past SL

I used to use Aveda Be Curly, but it is too expensive so I have been just using regular conditioner, I am really like Elucence MB and sealing with castor oil.

tailormade84

Do you wash n go? No

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Below Collar Bone Length / Neck Length

What products do you use? Shea butter, coconut oil and castor oil

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not? it leads to my hair knotting up and makes my detangling sessions HORRIBLE - leads to breakage and hair loss :( If i MUST wash n go, i try to be diligent with the moisturizer and i try not to touch my hair and i must twist it up that night before i go to bed

Real talk, I think wash n go goes bad when I dont wash my hair in twists and then gently unravel them under the water and do a simple (not crazy) shake. I find keeping my hair sectioned, keeps my hair happy (and less tangled :) )

Last edited:

JinaRicci

When I first BCd last yr, I could do wash n gos with curly pudding, smooth n shine gel or garnier fructis mousse. This is still my favorite mousse- gf curl constructor.

But as my hair grew, it would take forever to dry and at the end of the day the middle would still be wet, which was a problem for cool weather. Now that it's warmer, I wet my hair everyday in the shower but that's just to reactivate the KCCC. Maybe I can try those again.

Yours came out really beautiful btw!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Hey, Wims ... your wash-n-go is gorgeous!

As for me, yes I love to wash-n-go ... even during the winter.

• Do you wash n go?
    Yes ... and I love it!
  • What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched?
    APL stretched; neck length shrunken.
  • What products do you use?
    I am currently using my conditioner as a leave-in, coconut oil and Ecostyler gel. In the past, I have used KCCC, but it left my hair feeling crunchy.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Your wash n go looks great!!

Do you wash n go? Sometimes, mostly I protective style though.

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Stretched it's SL, an inch or two from APL

What products do you use? KBB hair milk or Abba Nourishing under KCCC (sometimes an oil or burnt sugar pomade over it to cut the crunchiness)

Several reasons:

PS is easier, especially with a 2 year old
My hair stays more moisturized in PS as opposed to wash n go's
I retain more length
Wash n go's encourage single strand knots (for me)

glamazon386

Naturals....

Do you wash n go? Sometimes

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? SL/EL

What products do you use? Humectress and Fantasia Gel

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not? I don't do it as often as I did when I had a TWA. My hair shrinks a lot and since it's an inbetween length sometimes it doesn't quite look right.

donewit-it

I was just discussing WnGs. As much as I love the convenience of it all, my hair is just a tangled mess after a few days of co-washing everyday.

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? APL/SL

What products do you use? Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist to date; or Whatever I'm in the mood for. (PJ alert)

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not? I don't do it as often I'm in a Twisting for Growth Challenge. I have massive tangles when I do. I believe it is the shed hair wrapping around my other strands.

E. Princess

Whimsy, KCCC is Kinky Curly Curling Custard (a true tongue twister)

Naturals....

Do you wash n go?
I have, but definitely not something I do regularly.

Stretched 7-9 inches not sure about unstretched

Conditioner and oil

I don't them often because of tangles. Maybe my technique is screwy or I should leave in half conditioner. Definitely something I haven't gotten down to a science.

bermudabeauty

I'm 3ks natural and I use... Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner. I leave it in my hair followed by olive oil, and a little ampro clear ice gel to slick down my sides and let it air dry. My hair is only a bit past ear length though.

Ediese

Do you wash n go? Yep. I sure do.

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? I'm NL unstretched, and APL stretched. That SUCKS!:wallbash:

What products do you use? I use HE Hello Hyrdation to cowash, and IC Fantasia gel to smooth the curls.

BrownEyez22

Do you wash n go? Not as much as I used to. I did it all the time, when I first did my BC.

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? almost shoulder length
/ear, eyeball & neck length.

What products do you use? conditioner, cantu Shea Butter & Elasta QP Feels Like Silk Liquid Gel.

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not? As my hair gets longer I think I get more tangles/knots when I truely wash and go, so I have to do more work afterwards to prevent it. Before I could wash put some products (ic gel) in my hair and go. It also looks funny sometimes, because it shrinks so much.

Evolving78

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Stretched it's 4 to 4.5 inches. Unstretched about an inch to 2inches (i have major shrinkage)

What products do you use? currently Paul Mitchell and Qhemet Biologics.

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not? i decided to give my hair a break again from the wash and gos. i was started to get knots daily and i don't want to lose any progress. plus, protective styles will keep me from pulling knots out and manipulating my hair daily.

Last edited:

helina

Do you wash n go? At least 1 to 2 times a week or more if I don't want to do anything with my hair!
What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Stretched full BSL/ Unstreched SL Shrinkage!
What products do you use? Abba Leave-in & homemade aloe gel

devans005

Do you wash n go?
Not since I was twa.

BSL/SL

In the past I used Fantasia Gel and S Curl Moisturizer. Now I use either KCCC or Curls Gel les C. But when I'm broke I'll go back to the cheaper products.

My hair tangles onto it self very easily. I only wear it lose after a braid out or twist out.

Kurly K

Naturals....

Do you wash n go? Always at least two weeks out of every month

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? A little past SL stretched and NL unstretched

What products do you use? I've been using tressemme flawless curls conditioner for my cowash and reapplying a little bit after rinsing

jetbeauty09

I'm in braids right now but before these when I was wearing my natural TWA, I learned that less is best for my hair. I have used all sorts of gels and creams and nothing makes my curls pop any better than just cowashing, putting in leave in and allowing to air dry. Since I have 19387565828738 different textures on my head, the back would dry curly and the front ended up being the top of a frizz ball. Don't get me wrong, I love my texture but it just didn't look 'right' to me when I tried to do a wash n go. I'm pretty sure it'll suit me better when my hair is longer like SL stretched.

Hopefully you'll have more success!
Naturals....

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? stretched is NL and unstretched is EL

What products do you use? I've tried erethang! IC fantasia Gel, brown gel (an offbrand though) amongst others that just sat on my hair **eta** I've tried KCCC as well...

Last edited:

Mortons

Do you wash n go?

Yes, daily.

Unstretched, around SL. Stretched APL

Herbal Essence hellow hydration con, V05 strawberries and cream con, Just for me Hair Milk spray.

chebaby

thats all i do now is wash and go. i love it. i have a twa so thats about all i can do. it will be easier once the weather decides what it wants to do.

Rei

Naturals....

Do you wash n go? Nope

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Stretched CBL/ Unstretched awkward length, lol

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not? I do not, because my hair is an awkward length and it looks all sorts of retarded. I'm also not quite sure how to do it...I know others say its just that, literally wash and then go, but my shrunken fro isn't shaped right, and I don't get curls like some other people do after putting on conditioner.

syncerelyhis

Do you wash n go?
Yep! Every day!

I am a little past BSL stretched. I am APL unstretched.

I use v05 conditioners (any one) as a leave in and seal with coconut oil.

Determined22

I just BC'd so I do a wash-and-go everyday. I've been trying different products but I really like PM foaming pomade & Lustrasilk Cholesterol w/Shea & Mango.

I have a super TWA.