For NATURALS who WASH N GO.....

GoingNatural

Hi Girls,

I did a wash n go this weekend and my hair dried into this BIG fluffy mass of curls/waves and I just loved it. (i used cantu leave-in and mousse...yes, mousse)
Detangling in the shower was not even a major fiasco... I was wondering to myself why I ever stopped. I think I'll be working these into my braidout rotation this summer.

Naturals....

Do you wash n go?

YWhat's your length? Stretched / Unstretched?

What products do you use?

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not?

Yes, I wash and go. I use HE Hydration, Hydralicious or Suave Humectant I do wash and go's because honestly i don't know how to style lol

Whimsy

Do you wash n go?
Yep! Every day!

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched?
I am a little past BSL stretched. I am APL unstretched.

I use v05 conditioners (any one) as a leave in and seal with coconut oil.

What's the final product like? is it fluffy and soft? is it big? does it shrink up a bunch?
Any pix?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Your wash n go looks great!!

Do you wash n go? Sometimes, mostly I protective style though.

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Stretched it's SL, an inch or two from APL

What products do you use? KBB hair milk or Abba Nourishing under KCCC (sometimes an oil or burnt sugar pomade over it to cut the crunchiness)

Several reasons:

PS is easier, especially with a 2 year old
My hair stays more moisturized in PS as opposed to wash n go's
I retain more length
Wash n go's encourage single strand knots (for me)

Same for me

empressri

Naturals....

Do you wash n go?
Sometimes. I prefer protectives styles over it though

Err...past my bra strap?

Curl junkie, kccc

Well, I didn't before because of tangles and frizz, but I learned to use a diffuser so I don't have those issues anymore.

lisajames96

I wash n go on weekends or days off to give my hair a rest from pulling it back in buns. Plus I got insults(from black people) when I wore it "out" at work. My hair is past my shoulders when stretched, but shrinks up around my ears when dry.
I like to experiment and add clips or my girls' hair bows in the front or in the back. I put a few pics in my fotki of my last wash and go afro.

msa

Do you wash n go?

Yes. Right now I do it everyday. I wear a puff because my shrunken fro looks like mullet right now (weird uneven length).

Stretched, my hair ranges from barely nape length to a bit past APL. Unstretched, it's not really a length. Just a puff ball of hair.

Water and castor oil.

I rinse my hair everyday. I add castor oil most days right out of the shower, wrap in a t-shirt to soak up extra water, and then unwrap when I'm finished getting dressed. Since I put a lot of castor oil (I can't help it, it's just so yummy) I usually skip putting it on 2-3 days out of the week.

I shouldn't wash and go because:
1. Letting my hair shrink up encourages knots, though castor oil helps with that.

2. It makes me lazy and then I get into a rut where I don't feel like taking care of my hair. I also don't detangle when I do wash n go's which causes the shed hair to build up and cause tangles and knots.

3. Protective styles are better for retention.

danigurl18

Do you wash n go? yup

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? SL stretched/ NL unstretched

What products do you use? whatever conditioner that I cowashed with as a leave and seal with coconut oil.. experimenting with Giovanni direct leave in

cutenss

Do you wash n go?
No. But I would like to.

BSL/Shoulder

None, at the moment

In the past, the proucts I tried were CRAP! I am gonig to try some of these suggestions. I think I will start with the castor oil. I just bought some. My dry hair likes it alot. Good thread OP! BTW...LOVE the way your hair turned out, very pretty :yep:

Newtogrow

Do you wash n go?
Mostly in the summer time with cowashing

Shoulder length layered

Cantu Leave In
KCCC

When I am 100% natural it was easy because it would coil so tightly the only thing I could do is tie it into a puff with Cantu Leave In.
While texlaxed it hangs so I use KCCC.
I am now about 75% natural so I will have to see when the weather gets warmer.

Daughter

UK Blak
Do you wash n go? No

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Between APL and almost BSL/neck length

What products do you use? Shea butter, Kids Organics Protein & Vitamin cream, no-poo with cheap Boots Essentials conditioner (58p!) DC with Lady Vitale Olive Oil

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not? Too scared to, my hair is ultra coily and would tangle beyond belief. Tried it once when my hair was a bit shorter, not going there again in a hurry :lol:

MagnoliaBelle

Do you wash n go? Yes. Sometimes on weekends.

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? Between SL and almost APL stretched and barely chin to neck length unstretched
[/B]

What products do you use? Whatever conditioner I co-wash with. Lately Yes to Carrots and Long-term Relationship. Then I'll seal with just a bit of a styling product such as Curl Junkie, Curlz Milk Shake, etc.

If you DO NOT Wash n go, Why Not? I don't do it too often because I'm not completely comfortable with the short length of my hair, especially the uneven back layers. Once my hair grows out significantly to where I'm full SL un-stretched, I'm sure that I will wear Wash n Gos more often.

FelaShrine

Hi Girls,

I did a wash n go this weekend and my hair dried into this BIG fluffy mass of curls/waves and I just loved it. (i used cantu leave-in and mousse...yes, mousse)
Detangling in the shower was not even a major fiasco... I was wondering to myself why I ever stopped. I think I'll be working these into my braidout rotation this summer.

Naturals....

Do you wash n go? Yeah, mostly because of the warm weather though

What's your length? Stretched / Unstretched? I'm about BSL unstretched, WL stretched

What products do you use? I use VO5 Strawberries and Cream as a cowash and leave in. Then I use castor oil

Answers in bold