How do you Naturals wear your hair to work?

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I just got a new job. Thankfully they're natural hair friendly so I don't have to be a slave to wigs. How are you ladies rocking your hair at work?

Pompous Blue

I'm an engineer and must maintain a professional appearance every day since I work in and out of the office.

My styles are buns, flat-twist outs and braid outs.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Twists in a bun. Hair in a butterfly clip with side bang in twists or twist out bang. Flat twists into a bun. You get the point.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Miss617

Always left of center
I'm about 90% natural and when I started my new job last month, I was wearing mostly buns. I've been wearing it in twists for the last couple of days and will wear a twist out tomorrow. My office is pretty laid-back and casual, so I don't expect any problems if/when I experiment with different styles.

Ann0804

During winter, and fall I wig it. Spring, and summer I do updos- flat twists into a bun, twist out bangs with flat twists, etc. Once I grow out 8 more inches I will do mini twists and twist outs and buns.

faithVA

95% of the time now I'm in flat twist down both sides that are then twisted into two flat twist down each side. As it gets longer I will wear 2 strand twist. But I have worn finger coils, puffs, mini braids and a twa. They have seen it all.

caliscurls

Buns, twists in a bun, flat twist outs. It's usually one of the first two. I like using Lilla Rose hair accessories for a classic polished look.

NaturalBritt87

I always wear my hair out, either in a wash-n-go, puff or twist-out. I am fortunate to have not had any issues with wearing my natural hair out any way I like regardless of the work setting. I previously worked at a veterinary hospital and now work as an administrative assistant.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I work in an office. I don't deal with customers but I do see them occasionally if I happen to go to our lobby. I've only been natural since August and I wear wash n goes everyday. Prior to August I wore twisted/cornrowed updos. I haven't got any negative feed back regarding my hair at work. There aren't really any other black people in my office.

LivingInPeace

Most of the women at my office are natural. I wear twists in an updo, twistouts, bantu knot outs and twistouts in an updo.

MiamiChic

This is a style I wore to work the other day. I live in an upscale city and work with mostly Caucasians. I received many compliments. I did a bantu knot out and pulled the sides up. Its kind of like a mohawk.

Today I did a sleek bun. Otherwise, I'm in a wig of some sort.

Attachments

• 20141117_115731.jpg
    20141117_115731.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 2014-11-18 15.19.31_resized.jpg
    2014-11-18 15.19.31_resized.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 217

Alta Angel

I have always worn buns, high puffs, or some sort of updo. I have been natural for a while, but I have only recently felt comfortable wearing my hair all "out". Now I am out of control! I wear my hair out 90% of the time, except for the summer. It's just too hot.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
thanks ladies :D I'm no longer in the TWA phase, but it's still not long enough for buns or ponytails..not yet anyway so I guess I need to experiment.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
This is a style I wore to work the other day. I live in an upscale city and work with mostly Caucasians. I received many compliments. I did a bantu knot out and pulled the sides up. Its kind of like a mohawk.

Today I did a sleek bun. Otherwise, I'm in a wig of some sort.
very pretty!

BostonMaria

I do wash 'n go's, buns, straighten it, ponytails Thee are so many styles to choose from

I think that the only style I personally would not wear to work is corn rows.

CeeLex33

Happy Healthy Hair!
I work in a corporate office, but they are natural hair friendly. I mostly wear mini twists everyday, but when I do take my hair down- I wear flat twist outs.

LdyKamz

I work in the legal field. I wear wash n go's and my hair is in a (growin out) tapered cut. I wear my hair out everyday and everyone loves my hair. There are other black women in my office but I'm the only natural.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I work in an ultra conservative environment. I dont have enough for a bun either.

Flat twist outs, one french roll down each side (or flat twists) joined in the back like those old 50 s styles, crochet braids, simply pulled up to the crown with ends tucked under with a bang swoop or pompadour, straightened, rollersets or curlformers

aishasoleil

I'm a cosmetologist and I rent a booth in a salon. No dress code and people usually expect hair stylists to have interesting hair. So, I wear my hair however I want!

However, a few years back I worked at a bank. The dress code was business casual. So, I wore a lot of tuck-n-pin styles, buns, twists pinned into updos, etc. Saturdays were more casual, so I would wear twists-outs or wash-n-goes.

charmtreese

Twist and buns. I've only worn a wig once since being natural, but I use to love to wear my phony pony puff when my hair was shorter.

ladybug71

I work in a law office as an assistant. Our office is business casual for the most part. I wear my hair in twists, twist/braid outs, high puff, flat twists and buns. The majority of the time I've worked here, I had SL relaxed hair, so while transitioning, I wore weaves and wigs. I was absolutely shocked at the compliments I got (from white co-workers) when I decided to forego wigs and weaves and wear my hair natural "out" all the time. :)

The pic below, I had two rows of flat twists in front and a twist out in back.

Attachments

• 20140717_084854.jpg
    20140717_084854.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I work in health and wellness. I wear a pony mostly or my "bunny" bun.

Attachments

• image-232225504.jpg
    image-232225504.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 138
  • image-174166431.jpg
    image-174166431.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 144

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I've worn everything from a twa, puff, twists, braids, wash n go, braid/twist out to a big ole fro (both my hair and wig/sew in). I work in the medical field