Any naturals wear straight half wigs?

yardyspice

I am planning on making a new wig and I want a change from my curly wigs because of all the rewetting so I want to know if naturals wear straight half wigs. My thinking is that I could pass off the natural part like it's new growth what do you guys think?

Gibsongal

You could try that or you could just get a half wig and wear it as a full cap wig with a headband in the front. I've done that plenty of times. I take the combs out, use bobby pins dipped in castor oil and attach the wig to my corn rolls in the front. None of my hair is left out.

msdeevee

I don't see anything wrong with that. Just like some of us naturals want to straighten once or twice a year to check progress or trim .

I'm looking for a straight preferably kinky straight half wig to wear during my wig challenge time.

we're women we can change up any way we want :yep:

yardyspice

I love my hair especially now that she tells what she wants but need a change that won't damage my hair. I just don't want it to look tacky.

Queliq7

I wear then all the time. I put gel in the fron tie with a scarf to set it and then take off the scarf and wear the half wig with a headband. Or I will flat iron the very front and wear it with a headband.

KatKronicles

No. Unless its a half wig from sensationel bc they are whole wigs.
lol
I refuse to flat iron my hair to match a wig. My hair reverts quick.

a_shoe_6307

I do with no problems. When I'm not straight I just use a headband because my hair pretty much lays down and goes straight on it on when tied down. Just looks a little like reversion which is how my roots usually look after a few days straight anyways.

BrooklynSouth

I've yet to straighten or blow dry or any natural pattern change of my natural hair..too scared. Never tried half wigs but do wear whole straight wigs.