Short-haired naturals, what do you do with your hair for work?

yuhlovevybz

For my navy work days, anything goes; I stick my hair in a puff and nobody will tell me nothin'. But now that off active duty, I feel like I might not get away with that. I got an email for a job interview and the first thing I did was clarify my hair and now i'm deep conditioning to prep for a flat iron. I don't wanna keep pressing my hair all the time though, I actually hate doing it. How do you short-haired naturals (between NL/SL stretched) wear your hair for work/job interviews. I just wanna make a good impression. If I get the job, then the next day I'll bein there with a neat wash and go sock bun :drunk:

Also, the job is on the coast, and I've always experienced humidity when I worked over there in the base. So I don't think braid outs will be a good idea :/

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Put your hat over your hair. Simple. LOL! When I BCed it all off, I just KIM. If you want to make a good impression, know your stuff, smile and be confident. That gets 'em every time. Now if your puff is huge, then I'm clueless. I have a big head, LOL!

Nonie

I wear puffs:

Once when I had an interview, I just undid my braids and then combed back the braid-stretched hair and put it in a single braid that I tucked under. It looked like this:

...only my hair was not straightened or relaxed but looked more like it does in the front here:

but instead of a puff, I had it all smoothed down and braided and tucked under.

I was called for all 3 interviews sporting my natural hair like that and was chosen out of 32 or 33 total candidates, and all the black chicks I got to see had their hair relaxed or straight.

So as @Lucie said, confidence and knowing your stuff will take you far. As long as you look neat and tidy, no one will say anyfin. Now if you go looking like who did what and why, then expect to get a negative reaction.

BraunSugar

As long as your hair is neat, then any style should work. A puff will work just fine. Suppose you can get braided extensions, but you really shouldn't have to.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I work very corporate conservative jobs. I cant really get away with cornrows and such without issues. So, I shingle mostly. I will also wear twist outs. I use a pomade to slick down the sides.