Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

LD,

Maybe u should add the vitamin and amino acid info to the first 2 posts. That's great info. I didn't know CHL had all that. Just a suggestion.

Exactly. That's why I don't think a multi vitamin is necessary. It has everything the body needs.

Also, I just posted the info in the second post after the quick start guid. That way anyone wanting to know what vitamins are in it can just go there and take a look without combing the thread.

MrsMe

I'm going through the same thing with my nails. I'm not used to them being so long. They look like fake nails. My nail growth is due to Alpha Lipoic Acid. I can't wait to see what chlorella does. I wonder if I should stop taking ALA when I start chlorella?
I'm currently taking the ALA, too but I don't think I will stop it just yet because my bad acne was coming back. I haven't seen my skin get so bad since 2003...:ohwell:
However, I decrease my multi intake. Instead of two pills, I just take one a day because as LD said, chl already has a lot of nutrients. :yep:

luckiestdestiny

Hey all,

Update on Mom.

She's had it with the applesauce...says can't stare at the green anymore.

She's going to try the naked juice.

Any other suggestions...that's all I told her so far as it works for me.

sheba1

Hi Green people! My skin is gorgeous and I feel fabulous. I :heart: being green.

Also, Yodie, I got my filter! I found the sprite at Lowes. Thanks for the recommendation, LD! The filter lasts for 6 months :wow:

Last edited:

Ladybelle

Hi ladies,
Just wanted to stop by and give another wonderful benefit of chlorella- excuse if this is tmi, but my cycle which is usually 7 days has been cut in half... from 7 days to 4 days. :grin::yay::notworthy That's wonderful. I don't have very bad pms/cramping but I've definitely seen a difference. I'm one of those who likes having a regular cycle b/c for me it indicates everything is in order but I'm all for having a shorter one! :clapping: So, yay for chlorella!

Hope everyone else is enjoying being green.

Congrats on your mom's success LD! That's great news. :yep::clap:

Can ya'll tell I'm happy to be green?

Til next time...

ttlayli

Has anyone switched brands and noticed different results??

I was taking the Earthrise pills and i noticed good results all the time and they seemed to be getting better.

For the past week I have been taking Source Naturals Powder and I haven't really noticed much. Except I noticed that I have a small pimple/bump on my cheek! :ohwell: My face has been doing soooo good so I hope I don't start breaking out again. My face is still glowing, but it also doesn't seem like it's glowing AS MUCH.

I know i may seem petty, but when you see great things and get used to them, you DO NOT want to go back at all.

I'm wondering now if i should switch back to the Earthrise pills.

Oh and I'm taking 6grams of the powder. Will be up at 9 since I can only measure that way due to the dosing.

ETA: I just ordered the Earthrise pills again. nothing against SN, I think they are great, BUT I believe my body got used to Earthrise or it likes Earthrise more. It's crazy how I can completely notice off the bat that something was not right anymore. I'm not going to the bathroom as much as I was, my skin isn't as soft anymore, my face isn't the same. Maybe I'm tripping? LOL
Hopefully someone can chime in and let me know what they think.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I was taking the Earthrise pills and i noticed good results all the time and they seemed to be getting better.

For the past week I have been taking Source Naturals Powder and I haven't really noticed much. Except I noticed that I have a small pimple/bump on my cheek! :ohwell: My face has been doing soooo good so I hope I don't start breaking out again. My face is still glowing, but it also doesn't seem like it's glowing AS MUCH.

I know i may seem petty, but when you see great things and get used to them, you DO NOT want to go back at all.

Oh and I'm taking 6grams of the powder. Will be up at 9 since I can only measure that way due to the dosing.

ETA: I just ordered the Earthrise pills again. nothing against SN, I think they are great, BUT I believe my body got used to Earthrise or it likes Earthrise more. It's crazy how I can completely notice off the bat that something was not right anymore. I'm not going to the bathroom as much as I was, my skin isn't as soft anymore, my face isn't the same. Maybe I'm tripping? LOL

Not sure but maybe because you're upping your dose your body is detoxing more.

yodie

Speaking of cycles, is anybody late? I'm MIA and no, I'm not expecting. Maybe my days are switching up or something. I'm usually like clockwork and no cramps in sight.

luckiestdestiny

Speaking of cycles, is anybody late? I'm MIA and no, I'm not expecting. Maybe my days are switching up or something. I'm usually like clockwork and no cramps in sight.

I was a few days late. And no, I wasn't worried either but mine is usually like clockwork too.

kitamay

I can't remember who mentioned it a few pages ago (too lazy to go look for it...:look:) but drinking warm tea instead of just water really helps with the stomach symptoms! :yep: Whoever it is, I want to thank you! :kiss:
Thanks for the advice, HairHustla... I decreased back to 4g today and I'm feeling ok. I was getting impatient because so far the only real detox symptom that I've had was the increasingly darker shade of green BMs. However, I also noticed that I can't take chl without a real meal (not just a fruit or a snack). It gives me heartburn if I don't eat enough and it's a :nono: for me.
I'm having less breakouts and I'm waiting to see if chl and ALA will withstand the initiation of the PMS!! :evil: I only got two cysts for the past two weeks, so I'm hoping it stays like that...
OT: I worked today! :yay: I subbed at a preschool in downtown Manhattan and I even saw a celebrity dad... (I have to find his name because I really can't remember) The kids were...kids and the staff liked me so much (from the teachers to the directors) that they said they would ask for me specifically if somebody was absent again! :grin: AND I have an interview scheduled for a summer job I applied for a couple of weeks ago! Ain't that a lucky day! Just wanted to share my joy with you because you have been really helpful and supportive in my "down" time. :grouphug2:

Hey skin twin. Here is my update. I have been doing a green chlorella mask on my face for the last 3 days. I ran out of ALA and I told you I would keep you updated. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!!! What an improvement. I wish I could find my cord for my digital camera to post pics. By the way, I am really happy for you! I love the little kids, I teach first grade in Ohio. Good luck on your summer job interview.

cupcakes

Took my first dose of chlorella today! Im Rモ∀LLy excited. I have the natures source tablets and i took 2g. A little while later i started to get a headache. I wonder if im detoxing already. I drunk ∀ whole lot of water today tho, So we will see how it goes. Im so hyped about chlorella. :D

kitamay

Hey Yodie, I thought I was late. Usually by now I start having some cramps or symptoms warning me that it's coming. I just chalked it up to February being a short month?! Hmmm....

yodie

Hey Yodie, I thought I was late. Usually by now I start having some cramps or symptoms warning me that it's coming. I just chalked it up to February being a short month?! Hmmm....

Exactly. I usually have cramps or would've had a cycle by now. I'm clockwork..every 23 days. Glad to know that I'm not the only one and hey, I'm not complaining. No cramps is GREAT!!

Off topic - LD, LOVEEEE Knot Today. This one is a keeper for me. KCCC, umm, I don't know.

Last edited:

MrsMe

Hey skin twin. Here is my update. I have been doing a green chlorella mask on my face for the last 3 days. I ran out of ALA and I told you I would keep you updated. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!!! What an improvement. I wish I could find my cord for my digital camera to post pics. By the way, I am really happy for you! I love the little kids, I teach first grade in Ohio. Good luck on your summer job interview.
Ooh, thanks for keeping me updated! I have to grind some of my pills then I'll try myself.

mariofmagdal

Took my first dose of chlorella today! Im Rモ∀LLy excited. I have the natures source tablets and i took 2g. A little while later i started to get a headache. I wonder if im detoxing already. I drunk ∀ whole lot of water today tho, So we will see how it goes. Im so hyped about chlorella. :D

Welcome, your are going to love being GREEN!

mariofmagdal

I agree with LD, it could be because you changed dosage....:yep:

I am totally Earthrise as well. I use the pills for ease. Just from reading the posts, I know I could never stomach the powder, so I am a pill popper for life....it's worth it for all it's great GREEN benefits!

Tybi

I seemed to be late too, but I also chalked it up to no pre-symptoms. This is great! It came and went like a breeze!!!! Yeah GREEN!

Well hmmph I'm mad at ya'll! I'm not late but early. This happened last month too when I first started taking CHL. I was a week early! Thank goodness I was home. This has never happened before so it must be the CHL. I wonder if the changes will be permanent. Also today I have been extremely naseaus. I have not been able to leave the house, nor have I been able to take my CHL. Can't say this is from the CHL though.

Blaque*Angel

I was a few days late, I had no precramps so I had a shock when i WENT toilet!!:spinning:

After my babies my periods went awful, now the last one was pain free like they used to be and CHL was the only thing added to my life!

HairHustla

Hi Ladies,

I am up to 2.5 g's today (started at 1g on monday) so far only one single pimple on my face but increased energy, softer hair and possibly some weight loss although I am doing other things to so I can not attribute it soley to CHL. Feeling good today and tried the CHL mask mixed with Bentonite Clay...kept on for about 10 mins and what struck me was the feeling after washing it off more so than the appearance. My skin felt brand new as for appearance, it was not that much difference it just felt so much better. Keep GROWING AND GOING GREEN LADIES!! :yep::yep:

ETA:

I am hoping that this CHL mask can help me with hirsuitism or overgrowth of facial hair. I have tried everything...laser treatments, vaniqua, shaving, waxing, ointments so I will experiment and see if CHL can cause some hormonal correction on my facial hair as nothing else has worked. Anyone else have hirsuitism??

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

How did you mix your mask? I'm going to do one this weekend. I may mix it with molasses and yogurt for the naturally occurring acids in those foods.

MrsMe

Hi Ladies,

I am up to 2.5 g's today (started at 1g on monday) so far only one single pimple on my face but increased energy, softer hair and possibly some weight loss although I am doing other things to so I can not attribute it soley to CHL. Feeling good today and tried the CHL mask mixed with Bentonite Clay...kept on for about 10 mins and what struck me was the feeling after washing it off more so than the appearance. My skin felt brand new as for appearance, it was not that much difference it just felt so much better. Keep GROWING AND GOING GREEN LADIES!! :yep::yep:

ETA:

I am hoping that this CHL mask can help me with hirsuitism or overgrowth of facial hair. I have tried everything...laser treatments, vaniqua, shaving, waxing, ointments so I will experiment and see if CHL can cause some hormonal correction on my facial hair as nothing else has worked. Anyone else have hirsuitism??
Have you tried electrolysis? My sister had a lot of chin hair and she did that for about a year. Now she is chin hair free. I have some :sekret: chin hair too and my sister took me to a few electrolysis sessions and it is mighty painful but it started to work. I didn't have any hair for 2 weeks after that. It is permanent contrarily to laser. Basically, the doctor inserts a needle into your skin to reach the root of each hair and burns it. Your skin is swollen for about 1 day and then it goes down as if nothing had happened. I've been wanting to get back to it but it's rather pricey...
Oh, and try not to shave because you risk getting ingrown hairs (I hate when that happens) and your hair will only grow coarser.
Have you tried any oils that could help with the hormonal issue, like Evening Primrose Oil and omegas (flaxseed or fish oil)? I have been taking the EP oil for over 1 year and it dramatically decreased my PMS symptoms such as mood swings (I'm either the baddest, meanest B or the whining, melancholic crying mope), painful, swollen breasts, and crazy water retention. It also helped with my cramping during my periods...It used to be so bad that I sometimes would have to lay in bed all day. It takes a few months to kick in, but it helped me. HTH

Lebiya

I’d like to start making a chorella mask/paste as well.

What are some good natural things I can mix with CHL …good for Acne?

Since starting chorella my face looks like a crater, but I’m happy-for the first time ever- because I know I’m detoxing and getting healthier.

sheba1

Hey HairHustla,

Hirsutism is generally caused by a hormonal imbalance, so chlorella might be just the thing! I was reading this article regarding Polycystic ovaries (hirstism is one of the symptoms because of the imbalance) and one of the things he mentioned as natural "treatment" was going green. He had a formula listed there that included other greens, as well, in a "green formula" but you get the jist. lol Here's the article if you want to take a look. http://www.drfostersessentials.com/store/Q_polycystic.php