• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

mariofmagdal

I noticed that I've been a little sluggish lately. I usually can knock out 600-700 miles a day, easily. I took a load from Atlanta to Jacksonville yesterday :driver: (only about 320 miles) and halfway into the trip, I had to stop and take a nap.:wallbash::wallbash: I hope my energy level comes back soon.

This used to happen to me when I had caffeine too close to taking Chl/Spr, it stopped when I stopped the caffeine too close to pill time. I hope this helps. It is also a detox symptom.

PGirl

Got some unexpected cash today and I purchased Jane Carter Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly and Knot Today.

Yodie,

Forget Chlorella girlfriend....I wanna hear more about this "unexpected cash". How can I get on that program...and fast?

:bling:

mariofmagdal

I can't remember who mentioned it a few pages ago (too lazy to go look for it...:look:) but drinking warm tea instead of just water really helps with the stomach symptoms! :yep: Whoever it is, I want to thank you! :kiss:
Thanks for the advice, HairHustla... I decreased back to 4g today and I'm feeling ok. I was getting impatient because so far the only real detox symptom that I've had was the increasingly darker shade of green BMs. However, I also noticed that I can't take chl without a real meal (not just a fruit or a snack). It gives me heartburn if I don't eat enough and it's a :nono: for me.
I'm having less breakouts and I'm waiting to see if chl and ALA will withstand the initiation of the PMS!! :evil: I only got two cysts for the past two weeks, so I'm hoping it stays like that...
OT: I worked today! :yay: I subbed at a preschool in downtown
Manhattan and I even saw a celebrity dad... (I have to find his name because I really can't remember) The kids were...kids and the staff liked me so much (from the teachers to the directors) that they said they would ask for me specifically if somebody was absent again! :grin: AND I have an interview scheduled for a summer job I applied for a couple of weeks ago! Ain't that a lucky day! Just wanted to share my joy with you because you have been really helpful and supportive in my "down" time. :grouphug2:

Yeah, sounds like you had a great GREEN day, I pray you have many more!

CurlyMoo

Ladies Chlorella is a keeper! I just took down my sew in last night after having it in for eight weeks and I had about 1.5 - 2 inches of growth. Lawd I was surprised. My hair didn't shed as much and the hair was shiny, soft and resilient. Love IT! My skin is glowing too and I notice I don't crave sweet stuff anymore. The nausea/bubble guts is gone now too. I just started spirulina and i'm a see how i like that. I take the tablets though because I know I will slack with the powder. The smell alone of spirulina makes me gag.

Congrats!!

How much are you taking?

PGirl

I can't remember who mentioned it a few pages ago (too lazy to go look for it...:look:) but drinking warm tea instead of just water really helps with the stomach symptoms! :yep: Whoever it is, I want to thank you! :kiss:
Thanks for the advice, HairHustla... I decreased back to 4g today and I'm feeling ok. I was getting impatient because so far the only real detox symptom that I've had was the increasingly darker shade of green BMs. However, I also noticed that I can't take chl without a real meal (not just a fruit or a snack). It gives me heartburn if I don't eat enough and it's a :nono: for me.
I'm having less breakouts and I'm waiting to see if chl and ALA will withstand the initiation of the PMS!! :evil: I only got two cysts for the past two weeks, so I'm hoping it stays like that...
OT: I worked today! :yay: I subbed at a preschool in downtown Manhattan and I even saw a celebrity dad... (I have to find his name because I really can't remember) The kids were...kids and the staff liked me so much (from the teachers to the directors) that they said they would ask for me specifically if somebody was absent again! :grin: AND I have an interview scheduled for a summer job I applied for a couple of weeks ago! Ain't that a lucky day! Just wanted to share my joy with you because you have been really helpful and supportive in my "down" time. :grouphug2:

It's best to take it with a meal anyway because it helps with absorption. Protein is absorbed better with other protein. When it's taken on an empty stomach your body can't get all the benefits. Some benefit will be there, but you will get more into the bloodstream with food.

Either way, congrats on solving your stomach issues and staying in Greenville...

yodie

Praise God for that. Yay!!!

Preschoolers, huh? Make sure you take some Airborne if you plan on spending alot of time there.

I'm happy you had an upward day. Sending hugs of support and prayers that more work comes along. Let us know how it goes with the interview.

YAY!!!!!

Off to try out my new shower filter. Hmmm.....
Sipping Nettle Tea and feeling the crinkles of new growth at my scalp.

OT: I worked today! :yay: I subbed at a preschool in downtown Manhattan and I even saw a celebrity dad... (I have to find his name because I really can't remember) The kids were...kids and the staff liked me so much (from the teachers to the directors) that they said they would ask for me specifically if somebody was absent again! :grin: AND I have an interview scheduled for a summer job I applied for a couple of weeks ago! Ain't that a lucky day! Just wanted to share my joy with you because you have been really helpful and supportive in my "down" time. :grouphug2:

luckiestdestiny

Praise God for that. Yay!!!

Preschoolers, huh? Make sure you take some Airborne if you plan on spending alot of time there.

I'm happy you had an upward day. Sending hugs of support and prayers that more work comes along. Let us know how it goes with the interview.

YAY!!!!!

Off to try out my new shower filter. Hmmm.....
Sipping Nettle Tea and feeling the crinkles of new growth at my scalp.

Getting excited for you.

Jaxhair

Wow ladies, good news all around - Greenville sure is a fab place to be in right now!

Perlenoire - soooo happy for you girl!! Here's to more callouts to that job... So, who's this celeb daddy (nosey me had to ask, lol!). Good luck with the interview - be positive girl, things will work out.

Kurlee - congrats on your 1.5 - 2" in 8 weeks! That sure is fab news!

Yodie - Nettle tea is the best! I drink it all day everyday - at least 3 bags, and i milk my bags for all their worth - leave them in the mug and refill with water till it's all clear then I suck on the bag before adding to the compost heap. When I'm working, I make sure my water bottle is full of nettle tea at all times - I have a cafetiere at work for my herbal teas, lol. And a shower filter... I'd love one too but my shower is an old one.... need to shop around for one.

Update:

Had a fab day yesterday - got off my lazy a$$ and did some exercise! Off for a run in a moment (you guys didn't remind me :sad:...j/k), and I just feel positive. Still green over here. No work till next weekend (Sabbatical, so choosing my hours and loving it!), weather looking up so need to get gardening too. And we're still doing those green smoothies too. It's all good.

Have a lovely day ladies!

Blaque*Angel

#

meeeeee :yay: :lachen:happy to have helped, lol who was the celeb dad?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm trying to slowly make my way through this thread:spinning:.

Is the Puritin Pride chlorella ok?

MrsMe

It must not contain any unnecessary additives, cannot be from China :nono: and IT HAS TO HAVE CGF (chlorella growth factor). I googled it and so far I've only seen PP chlorella from China.

luckiestdestiny

I don't know of anyone here who is taking it but that doesn't mean it isn't okay. What you need to know is to stay away from Chinese and also make sure it says what the CGF is. That's the Chlorella Growth Factor. Some popular ones are : source naturas, I see that in the corner on the left...is that the one you're using: pic above? If so it's made by source naturals and you're good to go.

Then there's Jarrow, Earthrise...and of course more. You can look at the poll at the top to see what's the most popular. HTH!

luckiestdestiny

Also the first two posts in this thread will get you far. If you scroll down them you'll see the quick start guide that was just added this past weekend. It will give you all you need to start while you scroll the thread.

MsCounsel

So I just received my Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella Powder. Even after reading this thread, I was still not prepared for the chlorella taste. I tried it with spring water. :nono: No go. I finished it but it tasted pretty bad. I will have to experiment with juices. On the weekends, I make a smoothie. I will try it tomorrow. Happy Friday!!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I don't know of anyone here who is taking it but that doesn't mean it isn't okay. What you need to know is to stay away from Chinese and also make sure it says what the CGF is. That's the Chlorella Growth Factor. Some popular ones are : source naturas, I see that in the corner on the left...is that the one you're using: pic above? If so it's made by source naturals and you're good to go.

Then there's Jarrow, Earthrise...and of course more. You can look at the poll at the top to see what's the most popular. HTH!
I actually haven't gotten it yet. I need to make a PP purchase and I wanted to get everything at one time. I think I will try this one. Thanks.

nc cutie

My skin looks great. I need to increase my dosage but so far Im taking 8 different pills. But I am singing the praises of chlorella to everyone I know. Thanks again LD for your knowledge. I love LHCF!!!!

luckiestdestiny

Mom report!

It's been around a week in a half since I last reported my mom lost 9 pounds. She's lost six more since then for a total of 15pounds! Yay mom! That's almost seven weeks to achieve the 15 pound loss but that's w/o exercise and taking steriods for lupus (which make it hard for her to lose). Go mom! She had this dream last year that she was skinny and I think maybe chlorella is going to help it come true for her. Those steroids made her put on so much weight. Just wanted to share with everyone else as I was pretty excited for her.

Go Green!

luckiestdestiny

Btw I was going through this thread and horrified at my typos. Excuse. I'm not used to having long nails. I keep chopping them off and they keep coming back. Oddly I've never been someone who wants long nails, but I'm happy to see they're growing cause that let's me know chlorella is working.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Btw I was going through this thread and horrified at my typos. Excuse. I'm not used to having long nails. I keep chopping them off and they keep coming back. Oddly I've never been someone who wants long nails, but I'm happy to see they're growing cause that let's me know chlorella is working.
I'm going through the same thing with my nails. I'm not used to them being so long. They look like fake nails. My nail growth is due to Alpha Lipoic Acid. I can't wait to see what chlorella does. I wonder if I should stop taking ALA when I start chlorella?

luckiestdestiny

My skin looks great. I need to increase my dosage but so far Im taking 8 different pills. But I am singing the praises of chlorella to everyone I know. Thanks again LD for your knowledge. I love LHCF!!!!
Your welcome. Congrats on gorgeous skin. We are all going to have great skin, hair, and healthy bodies with chlorella and I'm happy to get the word out.

Who knew, a little thread would get so huge. I just thought I was going to my fellow sisters at lhcf to ask them about chlorella, tell them what I heard, and now it's a chlorella revolution!:grin::drunk:

I'm converting others off the board without saying a word. People are asking me about my skin and what I'm doing, others have noticed the weight loss. As I'm braided, no one knows my hair is sprouting but just wait because boy is it!

I like the fact that it's by actions. Chlorella really speaks for itself.

Please check in with us nc cutie and share. I love hearing about other chlorella experiences.:yep:

yodie

LD,

Tell mom congrats for us. Your mom and Atlanta JJ's dad are honorary members of this thread. How many grams is your mom taking?

We all applaud her success. Yay!!

gn1g

EYE QUESTION

Has anyone else noticed a white or yellowish spot beneath the skin near the inner corner of the right eye?

luckiestdestiny

I'm going through the same thing with my nails. I'm not used to them being so long. They look like fake nails. My nail growth is due to Alpha Lipoic Acid. I can't wait to see what chlorella does. I wonder if I should stop taking ALA when I start chlorella?

You know some people are taking it with other vitamins, and some are giving them up. I am giving them up as chlorella is a whole food. When taking in the amounts suggested (plus eating right) it can give the body everything it needs.

As for alpha lipoic acid,

it's an antioxident

Beta Carotene is in here as an antioxident
Also:
Chlorella contains a greater quantity of fatty acids than either Spirulina or Lake Klamath wild blue green algae. About 20 of these fatty acids make up the artery cleansing, omega-3, alpha-linolenic variety and it is believed that this is one reason why Chlorella has been shown to be so effective in reducing cholesterol in the body and in reducing atherosclerosis.

and chlorella has antioxidents in it, it has lipoic acid and omegas as well as vitamins minerals and heck I'll just post it again. But basically when you take the amounts suggested your benefits go waaay up from this list.

I don't think the alpha will be necessary as it has the cgf in it which will make your nails grow like crazy and your skin glow, though this doesn't list the cgf as it's different per product you buy:
http://www.pure-chlorella.com/info.html#composition
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial][SIZE=+2]Composition of Chlorella[/SIZE][/FONT] General Analysis

Moisture:3.6%Protein:60.5%Fat:11.0%Carbohydrate:20.1%Fiber:0.2%Ash:4.6%Calories:421/100 gVitamins and Minerals

Vitamin A activity:55,500.0 IU/100g
B-carotene:180.8 mg/100g
Chlorophyll a1,469.0mg /100g
Chlorophyll b613.0 mg/100g
Thiamine (vitamin B-1)1.5mg/100g
Riboflavin (vitamin B-2)4.8 mg/100g
Pyridoxine (vitamin B-6)1.7 mg/100g
Vitamin B-12125.9 mcg/100g
Vitamin C15.6 mg/100g
Vitamin E1.0 IU/100g
Niacin23.8 mg/100g/TD>
Pantothenic acid1.3 mg/100g
Folic acid26.9 mcg/100g
Biotin191.6 mcg/100g
PABA0.6 mg/100g
Inositol165.0 mg/100g
Calcium203.0 mg/100g
Phosphorus989.0 mg/100g
Magnesium315.0 mg/100g
Iron167.0mg/100g
Zinc71.0 mg/100g
Copper0.08 mg/100g
Fatty Acids

Unsaturated fatty acids81.8%Saturated fatty acids18.2%C14:00.6%C14:10.9% C14:20.9%C16:015.6%C16:19.1%C16:25.5%C16:317.1%C18:02.0%C18:110.0%C18:215.5%C18:322.8%

Amino Acids

Lysine3.46
Cystine:0.38
Histidine1.29
Valine3.64
Arginine3.64
Methionine1.45
Aspartic acid5.20
Isoleucine2.63
Threonine2.70
Leucine5.26
Serine2.78
Tyrosine2.09
Glutamic acid6.29
Phenylalanine3.08
Proline2.93
Ornithine0.06
Glycine3.40
Tryptophan0.59
Alanine4.80

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

LD,

Tell mom congrats for us. Your mom and Atlanta JJ's dad are honorary members of this thread. How many grams is your mom taking?

We all applaud her success. Yay!!

I am sooooo happy!!!!:yep:

She had to take it waaaay slower than I did as all the medicine she's taking is just so toxic. She was at 3 says she's moved up to four. I know she wants to get to the disease fighting dose but I told her I don't care if it takes five or six months to get there, as long as she does.

yodie

LD,

Maybe u should add the vitamin and amino acid info to the first 2 posts. That's great info. I didn't know CHL had all that. Just a suggestion.