• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

kitamay

I think you were one of the members LD mentioned who saw 2" from taking Chlorella. Was that consistent? Did that happen every month that you were regularly taking it?

Im asking because I was reading a post by supermodelsonya and she cycles off her biotin every 8 weeks so she can get the spurt of growth.

I don't plan on doing that with Chlorella, because it benefits more than just my hair, and Im really hoping to see the skin benefits once the detox stops but I was just wondering. TIA

Good question. I would like to know too!

I think the most i ever got was 1 1/2, i was wearing a wig at first and didnt monitior my growth, it wasnt until i straightened it did i see that. When i am consistent with it i get at least an inch give or take pretty much all over, my sides then to grow slower. Jade21 got the two inches ;~) also w/o supplements or growth aids i dont think i always get the .5 inch month either. More recently i take several different supplements, but i when i took chlorella by itself at 3 grams one thing i seen was faster hair growth no lie and so did other ppl. I am a petite person so think i am able to see alot of benefits with 2 or 3 grams.

Last edited:
Do u like Earthrise tablets? R u switching to Earthrise powder as well, or opting for another powdered brand? Personally, I like the Earthrise brand. I am getting the powder when my tablets are done. I hope your brother feels better soon.

I am not sure how I will use the powder, probably in juice as well, not orange though.

Thanks! I have the jarrow brand chlorella now, and after i used that i will go back to using source naturals. I seen someone say they were putting it in applesauce, i don't eat that ever so, i i guess from old post of other ppl doing that, that is why i use orange juice or sometimes i add it to a protein shake, like muscle milk. Anyway i hope i answered you guys questions!

Oh i picked up earthwise because at the vs thats the only brand i was familar w/ i have no complaints about it.

Last edited:

Kimbosheart

I think the most i ever got was 1 1/2, i was wearing a wig at first and didnt monitior my growth, it wasnt until i straightened it did i see that. When i am consistent with it i get at least an inch give or take pretty much all over, my sides then to grow slower. Jade21 got the two inches ;~) .

Thanks for answering. I will be sure to monitor over the next few months so we can tell any newbies something definite. I think we all should maybe give some indication of the growth we have seen and what else we are on as well as our metabolism and detox effects that we saw while taking it. That way we can just add to the library of info LD has given us. Maybe we will see lots of similarities that are more authentic than some of the other threads/growthaides/bandwagons etc. Particularly because this is a superfood and not a vitamin supplement. I think the effects will be more consistent for a larger range of people.

IndianAngel22

Hey yall checking in! I have now OFFICIALLY gone green if you know what I mean. *cough* cough* FINALLY! I was waiting for it to happen I felt like I wasn't taking enough. I'd been takin 3 grams. I want to up it. I've been on it for I'd say 5 days? But babydoll hair said she is petite like me so maybe 3 grams is enough for me? Maybe I'll just round my scoop out a little more so it's more like 4? :D

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Hi everyone, I feel so much better now. My fever and sore throat are gone, I just have a slight cough. I am slightly irregular now because I might go once or not at all. But all in all I am feeling very good and ready for the next phase.

IndianAngel22

I think the most i ever got was 1 1/2, i was wearing a wig at first and didnt monitior my growth, it wasnt until i straightened it did i see that. When i am consistent with it i get at least an inch give or take pretty much all over, my sides then to grow slower. Jade21 got the two inches ;~) also w/o supplements or growth aids i dont think i always get the .5 inch month either. More recently i take several different supplements, but i when i took chlorella by itself at 3 grams one thing i seen was faster hair growth no lie and so did other ppl. I am a petite person so think i am able to see alot of benefits with 2 or 3 grams.

I am also pretty petite. I "went green" at 3 grams after being on it for 5 days *source naturals powder* so will you be going any further than that? Or do you think I should stick to that amount?

Kimbosheart

Hi everyone, I feel so much better now. My fever and sore throat are gone, I just have a slight cough. I am slightly irregular now because I might go once or not at all. But all in all I am feeling very good and ready for the next phase.

Im glad you are feeling better.

luckiestdestiny

:update:Reporting back. All is well. It was just the spicy shrimp taco, chips, and salsa and not the chlorella. So I will stay at this dose, as I no longer have the diarrhea. I am regular even at a larger dose. yay!:reddancer::

Muse

Do u like Earthrise tablets? R u switching to Earthrise powder as well, or opting for another powdered brand? Personally, I like the Earthrise brand. I am getting the powder when my tablets are done. I hope your brother feels better soon.

I am not sure how I will use the powder, probably in juice as well, not orange though.

I don't think Earthrise makes a powder form of chlorella, if they do I missed it. I believe spirulina is their specialty and that's where they have the variety as far as what form it comes in and potency.

Muse

Checking in at 4g chlorella and 9g spirulina. They breakout that I had on my cheeks is gonna completely. I had such a burst of energy this morning that I got up and cleaned at 7am! I never do that, then all of a sudden CRASH. I became very tired and sluggish. Now I feel pretty fatigued. I can't wait until this stage is over and I start to get consistently good results as far as how I feel.

I am going to the bathroom once a day but it's ALWAYS in the morning now. Before it was anytime of the day.

mariofmagdal

I don't think Earthrise makes a powder form of chlorella, if they do I missed it. I believe spirulina is their specialty and that's where they have the variety as far as what form it comes in and potency.

I am not sure either, however, they do have the green blends in powder form: that's the one I am taking. I chose the blends to get all the greens cracking at once. I like the results so far.

msdevo

Sorry for the late reply. I got if from Shoprite. The 15oz was 3.29. I didn't want to get the bigger size just in case I did not like it. But I LOVE IT.
I gave my mom the 2 jars of applesauce that I purchased and went back today to get more of the Naked.

For me the key was using and straw and just sucking it up. I didnt taste anything until the last drop. of course I chased it down with 16oz of water.

eta: I found it in the organic juice section of the supermarket near the fruits and vegetables.

Thanks msdevo! I am finishing up my Earthrise pills and was looking into a powder form this time. I was going to pick up some applesauce, but this sounds better.

ETA: Did you pick this up on the juice isle? Was it in the organic section? I have never heard of it before

Last edited:

msdevo

I purchased 3, the Green Machine(apple & kiwi), the Blue Machine(blue berry, blackberry and banana) and the Red Machine (raspberry & strawberry) So far I have only tried the green machine. I have no doubt that the others will taste just as great.

which flavor of naked juice did u buy?

soonergirl

Hey guys checking in.. I took the natural calm, and finally went after 3 to 4 days... I took it last night too and this a.m I was back to normal again. I think I will take the magnesium nightly for a while so that the constipation wont return.. Oh yeah took the source naturals powder in juice this a.m....And I actually gagged twice!!! I am officially trying the applesauce!! I cannot drink it...

msdevo

Funny, I gagged when ever I took a swallow of it with my applesauce. I tried the Naked juice and its 100000% better.

Hey guys checking in.. I took the natural calm, and finally went after 3 to 4 days... I took it last night too and this a.m I was back to normal again. I think I will take the magnesium nightly for a while so that the constipation wont return.. Oh yeah took the source naturals powder in juice this a.m....And I actually gagged twice!!! I am officially trying the applesauce!! I cannot drink it...

song_of_serenity

Mmmm...Trader Joe's "Green Protein" 100% juice is DELICIOUS. I take my chlorella pills (up to 15) with it...Next, I'll mix my spirulina powder with it. It has:

Spirulina: 536 mg
Chlorella: 165 mg

As well as:
Broccoli 41mg,
Ginger 21mg,
Spinach41mg,
Barley Grass 38 mg,
Wheat Grass 38 mg,
Blue Green algae 25 mg,
Parsley 21 mg,
Odorless Garlic 25mg

Blend of Strawberry, Banana and mango puree!! I could make this on my own...It's 2 something...I think in the long run it would save money to buy the ingredients and blend it up on my own. And is yummy!! Only 15. 2 fl oz, two servings a bottle...so yeah, it'll add up in the long run.
~*Janelle~*

yodie

No movements today. Didn't take aloe last night. Guess it's too soon to expect chlorella to make me regular. Steady at 6g's.

Not too much red effect with my tongue, but my energy is still great. I was ALWAYS tired before, so maybe this is where my chlorella is kicking in first.

My plan is to continue taking aloe until I'm eventually regular on my own and get to a dosage of 10 g's, so that chlorella can help me overall and get to the much needed areas in my body. Lord knows I need it.

yodie

Just finished my ALA pills (skin). Won't be buying those anymore.
So, I'm down one supplement with a few more to go.

GeorginaSparks

why will you stop taking ALA?

I just ordered the powder and capsules from vitacost and they wont ship out until the 18th wtf

luckiestdestiny

My skin is looking more even and less tired (every since grave's disease and radioactive idodine even w/ my doc's medicine and eating right I feel a little tired and look a little tired. Though I do look a lot younger (teens instead of late twenties) from eating right, I just looked slightly tired until now). Is that even possible? I know it has antioxidants in it, but....either way I'm happy, and I'm not going to complain about that.

Last edited:

yodie

why will you stop taking ALA?

I just ordered the powder and capsules from vitacost and they wont ship out until the 18th wtf

Because chlorella improves skin. So, there's no need for me to take two supplements that do the same job. I'm trying to cut down on all my other supplements and stick to no more than three.

Must admit that my skin is looking good, minus the bump or two that I still get from detox or my cycle.

My goal is to replace my fish oil, ALA, B-12, BComplex, multi, MSM, and Aloe with Chlorella.

Last edited:

yodie

Does chlorella expand in your stomach? I always feel incredibly full after I take it. Maybe it's because I drink alot of water, but I always feel like it's expanding in my stomach.

yodie

My skin is looking more even and less tired (every since grave's disease and radioactive idodine even w/ my doc's medicine and eating right I feel a little tired and look a little tired. Though I do look a lot younger (teens instead of late twenties) from eating right, I just looked slightly tired until now). Is that even possible? I know it has antioxidants in it, but....either way I'm happy, and I'm not going to complain about that.

This stuff is potent. It must be working that fast for you. Your diet seems to be really good, so chlorella can most likely work alot faster in you.

Me, well...I have some issues it has to get to, which is why I'm working up to a larger dose so that it covers all my issues. :rolleyes:

luckiestdestiny

Does chlorella expand in your stomach? I always feel incredibly full after I take it. Maybe it's because I drink alot of water, but I always feel like it's expanding in my stomach.
What I read was it's not an appetite suppressant but it gives your body the nutrients it needs so that it feels full faster if you have weight to lose.

I notice that too. I've lost even more weight since I last reported a couple days ago I was at 8.5 pounds weight loss, now I'm at 10 pd lose total since starting it and I'm shrinking in inches in the tummy area. I think that's because of the omega in the product (omegas help reduce body fat if you have it to reduce). I normally would have lost about 4 by now because I'm eating right, but this seems to up it because I'm just not as hungry.

Prose Princess

I love this stuff. I took 5g of the source naturals pills today and my energy was through the roof! It's been less than a week and it's already keeping me regular and curbing my appetite. I can't really speak on the effects on my hair and nails yet but I can already tell that buying chlorella and spirulina is probably one of the wiser decisions I've made since being on LHCF. I will probably continue using this stuff for the rest of my life, no joke. Thank you all so much for recommending it!