• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

yodie

Morning ladies. Thanks for all the encouragement last night. I'm in a season of being patient for the things I want.

Doing a happy dance in advance for all of the good chlorella benefits.

The tea was very cheap on Amazon. I ordered two.

Gotta get the shower filter and I'm set.

Oh, had my 6 g's in my shake this morning. Longing for a bm.
I think ALA kept me up all night. Sheesh!

Noticeable results - skin looks great and tons of energy. I'm also not freezing cold all of the time. I actually threw the covers off last night. Sweating.

onelove08

You might try taking ALA in the morning. I was taking it at night as well as a few other ladies in the ALA thread and it was keeping us up at night.

mariofmagdal

Whimsy I have also seen a change in appetite. I eat lighter meals because I feel fuller faster. (I consume CHIA seeds from time to time, and they will make you feel full)

My poo has not changed since going green, but when I switch to powder I am going to gradually increase my dosage, I am willing to take this slow. I already decided which supplements I am letting go. That's major for me.

spinspinshuga

My chlorella is here, and I took my first dosage! I wasn't expecting it to be SO green and almost backed off when I saw the powder, but I decided to go for it. It didn't taste as bad as I expected; I used the apple sauce as suggested.
I'll be posting if anything happens.

shermeezy

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
Hey ladies,

I actually read this thread about 2 weeks ago and purchased chlorella from GNC on a whim. Well, I just wanted to post my results: I have been actually going to the restroom daily! Which never happens for me. I usually only 'go' twice a week. I’ve been on 3 pills a day for about 2 weeks. Today, I’m increasing to 6 pills.

LuckyDestiny, Thanks for the link. I'm about to order the yeayama brand. I'd like to be able to take the powder as well. I wonder how it would taste mixed in my morning tea?

I'm actually interested in Chlorella for the health benefits. I've also become more of a flexatarian(part time vegan). Since my healthy diet changes I've noticed that my nails are really hard and growing at a much faster rate. I'm hoping the Chlorella will enhance these results. I'll provide another update in a month or so.

Thanks!!!!

gn1g

Reporting in. Last night I ate a spicy shrimp taco with cilantro lime sauce and had chips and salsa. I love spicy stuff. The reason I am telling everyone is because I had diarrhea tonight. Don't know if it's because of that or because of the chlorella. I will watch to see if later on today it's back to normal. If so I'll assume it was the spicy food (and when I say spicy I mean wheee! But I just love spicy) otherwise, I'll have to cut back on my chlorella. Right now my stomach is still sensitive and it's 5 a.m We'll see...

I believe it was the cilantro because it is a natural chelator.

yodie

You might try taking ALA in the morning. I was taking it at night as well as a few other ladies in the ALA thread and it was keeping us up at night.

I think I took my ALA after 5pm. I sure did pay the price because I was up most of the night. Luckily gives me sustained energy.

deola

Ok, my experience so far since starting on this super food on Wednesday or was it Thursday.

After using one tablespoon to make a smoothie and drinking it down( the smell and taste has now grown on me, :yay:!) I felt some bubbling in my tummy about 20mins later, no constipation at all which was a relief as I used to take Metamucil diligently to help me go and it gave me horrible constipation which got in the way of bedmatics btw DH and I-if you catch my drift:grin:

The next day, I went to the bathroom and had to hold my breath for my own........(complete the sentence)-it was that bad,lol! Sorry TMI.

BUt needless to say, I feel much better, my appetite is great-read:crave only healthy foods more and more. However I just found out I had been using 2 tablespoons thinking I was doubling up on the serving size which is 1 teaspoonful so technically I have been using about what... 18g of chlorella:giggle:

Ok I think I better slow my roll before I have to order another container! I'll just go with the 1 tablespoon till I feel otherwise. Will report back in about 2 weeks time. But I 'll keep lurking on this forum to keep up with how it's going with my chlorella sorority sistahs *wink wink*

deola

Oh I forgot to add, the other symptoms I experienced apart from the smelly green stool includes some weakness and some pain in my lower neck and temples but that is all getting better so Imma stick to this!

Candycane044

So I tried the applesauce idea and that didn't work so well for me. The applesauce really didn't "mix" with the chlorella and it seemed to make it thicker. (if that makes sense) I think I'm going to stick to the juice.

luckiestdestiny

Hi! checking in. had my chlorella with my green/egg shake. i had 5 pills before my workout with a tbs of spirulina. after my workout i had 10 chlorella with 1.5 tbs spirulina. and a tbs of coconut oil and two tbs of wheat germ. i told you all last week, i twisted my hair. well, i cannot even see where i parted my hair! this is crazy. i also shaved last week, now it looks like i have not shaved in 2 or 3 weeks! like others, i will take this forever even if my hair does not grow. i feel so much better. like LD, i had graves disease and took radioactive iodine years ago. i am looking for something that will help with my energy and over all emotional well-being. sorry so long!
Congrats on the growth! I know w/ thyroid disease you were probably having slow growth like I was previously (before nettle and now chlorella).
Wow. I KNOW what you're going through. They tell you everything should be balanced but it's not (after the radioactive iodine). There's something about fake hormone synthroid that just doesn't do what your body does. In addition I had the eye symptoms and had to have orbital decompression. Thank goodness they did it in time, as my eyes look like they normally did now, and there's no pressure on my optic nerve that can cause blindness. I was given so much radioactive iodine it completely destroyed my thyroid and I ended up in the hospital with other complications. I was hospitalized for almost a month: heart monitored, etc as my body just started to shut down. Doc said it would just lower mine (thyroid), but over dosed me with too large a dose and now my real thyroid is .001 percent active so I have to have synthroid to live. It's crazy how a simple little thyroid can cause so many problems besides weight gain if you have a thyroid disease (versus a lower thyroid and even that is hard). And I know what you mean about emotional well-being!

Keep taking chlorella. I know we, and others will benefit.

luckiestdestiny

Morning ladies. Thanks for all the encouragement last night. I'm in a season of being patient for the things I want.

Doing a happy dance in advance for all of the good chlorella benefits.

The tea was very cheap on Amazon. I ordered two.

Gotta get the shower filter and I'm set.

Oh, had my 6 g's in my shake this morning. Longing for a bm.
I think ALA kept me up all night. Sheesh!

Noticeable results - skin looks great and tons of energy. I'm also not freezing cold all of the time. I actually threw the covers off last night. Sweating.
:congrats:to bolded. I knew benefits would come with time.

luckiestdestiny

Hey ladies,

I actually read this thread about 2 weeks ago and purchased chlorella from GNC on a whim. Well, I just wanted to post my results: I have been actually going to the restroom daily! Which never happens for me. I usually only 'go' twice a week. I’ve been on 3 pills a day for about 2 weeks. Today, I’m increasing to 6 pills.

LuckyDestiny, Thanks for the link. I'm about to order the yeayama brand. I'd like to be able to take the powder as well. I wonder how it would taste mixed in my morning tea?

I'm actually interested in Chlorella for the health benefits. I've also become more of a flexatarian(part time vegan). Since my healthy diet changes I've noticed that my nails are really hard and growing at a much faster rate. I'm hoping the Chlorella will enhance these results. I'll provide another update in a month or so.

Thanks!!!!

You know if you are eating lots of veggies like I am, cool term btw (flexatarian), you probably could take it in the tea. It's very green in taste. I was suggesting applesauce and others other means to calm the taste. Now that I'm used to it, I was in a rush yesterday, I put some on my tongue drank some water, put some more there, drank some water and took my bottled water to keep drinking and left.

EEEW to some, but to me, it really wasn't that bad at all. I'm used to the taste by now, so I just did it and moved on with my life. When I'm not in a hurry, I'll most definitely do it with applesauce but I'm sure tea will work if you can stomach the super green flavor. In powder form I don't taste much fishiness like I did in the pill form (on my tongue), so you could possibly do it w/o problems. I know it's not a fish but an algae, but it still had a distinct taste that was concentrated in pill form, that I did not notice as much in powder. HTH

onelove08

Congrats on the growth! I know w/ thyroid disease you were probably having slow growth like I was previously (before nettle and now chlorella).
Wow. I KNOW what you're going through. They tell you everything should be balanced but it's not (after the radioactive iodine). There's something about fake hormone synthroid that just doesn't do what your body does. In addition I had the eye symptoms and had to have orbital decompression. Thank goodness they did it in time, as my eyes look like they normally did now, and there's no pressure on my optic nerve that can cause blindness. I was given so much radioactive iodine it completely destroyed my thyroid and I ended up in the hospital with other complications. I was hospitalized for almost a month: heart monitored, etc as my body just started to shut down. Doc said it would just lower mine (thyroid), but over dosed me with too large a dose and now my real thyroid is .001 percent active so I have to have synthroid to live. It's crazy how a simple little thyroid can cause so many problems besides weight gain if you have a thyroid disease (versus a lower thyroid and even that is hard). And I know what you mean about emotional well-being!

Keep taking chlorella. I know we, and others will benefit.

Thanks LD! I too, will be on synthroid for the rest of my life. I am only 30, and I have been on it for 17 years!
I am sorry this happened to you. I am so fortunate that you reminded me of this wonderful super food that I stopped taking! Thank you. Many healthy blessings to you!:urock:

Muse

I went to see my primary doc today and I told her that I stopped taking other supplements because I am eating algae now. She kept saying but how will you get vitamins and I'd list the vitamins then she said but it doesn't have the minerals you need and I said yes it does it even has omega-3's! The only thing she could find that it didn't have that I need was vitamin D so I guess I do need a supp for that. But I just thought it was funny how she was awed but still somewhat doubtful that this algae had all of this stuff.

She did say that Source Naturals was a very good brand though so that made mw feel good about the brand I chose to go with. I can't wait until I finish my Sun chlorella so I can start the SN chlorella.

CurlyMoo

Okay, I never notice hair growth until it's like 6 months down the line and i see my hair looks longer. I don't know how fast it grows normally so when chlorella starts to kick in i fear i wont be able to really see the results for a while. As for general health, OK I've been taking 2g a day, that was enough to make my poo green before, but now I'm back to normal poos and I haven't changed my dose. I'm going to up it to 3gs a day.

Has anyone ever gone from seeing a change to not seeing anything? Even with maintaining your dose? I am seeing a slight change in my appetite, but that's all. :(

I think that means it's time to increase the dose. What happened when you increased?

song_of_serenity

Sooo update...that problem I had on my left thumb cuticle has totally cleared up! Just dark right under the skin where it was damaged, but totally healed. It'll fade in time. :)

Nails growing in! Leg hair, pit hair...faster. My leg hair is so thick. :S

As for my actual hair, THICK. THICK. I bet the Mega Tek/MN has a lot to do with that, but at 7 weeks post I NEVER have this much NG and I know the chlorella will continue to let the hair that grows out blossom!

My skin looks fresher to me! Winter takes a toll on me and I usually have dryer skin and it just looks tired...but it's been fresher! Even at the end of the day!

My energy level has been high! When I get out of bed, by the time i get done with bathroom activities, I am ready to go (said in the voice of Wanda from in living color. :lachen:)

purchased another Trader Joe's green protein drink today. Mmmm...I'm growing fond of the strawberry grassy taste.:look:
~*Janelle~*

IndianAngel22

Wooooooooooooooooooh. Ok I left and came back and this thread blew up with talks of tea and crap? Ok someone explain this to me in the simplest terms possible.... No long articles or anything lol!

peppers01

Just to add in, before I started, I snored like a bear in hibernation:sleep8:. My SO was always complaining that my snoring kept him up. Well this past weekend, I noticed that he hasn't said anything about it in the last couple of weeks. So I asked him am I still snoring, he said no so nonchalantly. I was like REALLY?! Yeah, he said. I am so excited about this, because even though my snoring doesn't bother me, the simple fact that I no longer snore means that my breathing is better, and who wouldn't want that:yawn:!

I am still having the green BM, no major problems though. I'm at 4 grams/day (2 pills in the morning and 2 in the evening). Energy is still crazy:yay:. I've lost 5 lbs, due to fact that I've been working out everyday:strong:! I don't know how much, but my hair is growing. YAY Chlorella:cloud9:!!

yodie

Since we're talking BM's...mine is dark, dark, black almost. Had two today. Up to 7 g's and I'm still taking aloe with mine.

Encore

Okay so I just receive my chorella I ordered the powder yemana one off amazon. I'm surprised it's so green. I don't know how to drink this!

When is the best time and how do you mix it so it doesn't taste bad. I'm scared I will gag. :(

msdevo

Congrats on going green.

Get yourself some applesauce or Naked juice. Either will do.

I started taking mine around 6pm. Some others take it in the am. I guess its a matter of choice.

Okay so I just receive my chorella I ordered the powder yemana one off amazon. I'm surprised it's so green. I don't know how to drink this!

When is the best time and how do you mix it so it doesn't taste bad. I'm scared I will gag. :(

Encore

Okay lol

I was thinking about making a vanilla shake and mixing it in there:giggle:

Mix it with the applesauce or mix it with water and then eat applesauce?

msdevo

Mix it in the applesauce it will make a nice green color then chase it down with some water.

Im not to sure bout that nilla shake thought lol

Encore

Lol okay thank you ima try it and report back in a few minutes :)

Ok I mixed it with water in a poland spring bottle because the apple sauce thing just wasn't cutting it!... I haven't drank it yet because I am not feelin the smell

I shuda gotten the pills!

Last edited:

yodie

I actually like the taste of the shake with the powder or maybe it's just growing on me. I put on my big girl panties and just suck it on down!! (lol!!)

msdevo

lol so????

Lol okay thank you ima try it and report back in a few minutes :)

Ok I mixed it with water in a poland spring bottle because the apple sauce thing just wasn't cutting it!... I haven't drank it yet because I am not feelin the smell

I shuda gotten the pills!

youwillrise

i think i'll just drink lots of bolthouse farms green goodness lol

has chlorella, spirulina, wheat grass and a bunch of other stuff.

and i love the taste of it. i'm glad i started drinking it again...i had been drinking it regularly for a while just because i liked it and felt good about drinking something healthy...but i stopped for a while.

Sweet Charm

is this making anyone else's hair shed?!
I washed my hair today and I saw so many long hairs!
I dont know if my hair is breaking at the line between the relaxed and natural hair since i have been stretching for three months, but I used a protein treatment.
I just dont know :ohwell:

Thanks for your help!