• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

yodie

I think I'm done taking vitamin supplements from now on. No more spending $30-$40 for liquid vits. I can take chlorella and or another green superfood and get all the vits I need.

My wallet thanks all of you.

soonergirl

I think I'm done taking vitamin supplements from now on. No more spending $30-$40 for liquid vits. I can take chlorella and or another green superfood and get all the vits I need.

My wallet thanks all of you.

Yep I havent taken any flax seed oil, cod liver oil, or my multi in 3 weeks...

luckiestdestiny

For those of you that are constipated here's a review of a lady who had the same problem. Scaling back is the only thing that will get things going:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I want to thank you for having such wonderful products on line. I am pleased to be able to rely on your company for a great quality health food supplement, available at a much more affordable price than in France. I could not leave without them now, but to tell you the truth, at first, two years ago, I hated your chlorella.
Constipation has always been my biggest challenge. I have been using laxative suppository on a daily basis since almost ever. When I first received your chlorella, I thought “the more, the better”, so I started with 15 tablets and continued with 20 for a while. I felt awful, drained, bloated and super constipated! Instead of feeling better, I felt worst. Furious, I decided to finally call your company long distance. I was explained to cut back my dosage until detoxification symptoms would ease up, or more specifically in my case, until I would start to have more bowel movements, instead of feeling more constipated. It took me a little time to figure out what would work best for me. Incredibly enough, at the beginning, 3 tablets per day were perfect! For the very first time in my life, I have been regular without extra help, except when I abuse starch foods. Already very energetic for my age, I now have even more energy! To my amazement I have not been sick or caught a single cold ever since I have been taking your product!
I even noticed that my arthritis and my menopause symptoms are somehow alleviated. I couldn’t imagine living without taking my chlorella!
One day, I went to see my homeopath in Nice and I brought him the different products I was taking at the time. I was surprised when he went straight to the bottle of Bio+ Chlorella, took a few tablets in his hand and said “this product is highly energetic”.
I will continue to faithfully consume my green tablets, I love them! And thank you, you are always helpful and gracious.

L. Lee (Nice, France) (translated from French)"
[/FONT]

Thanks so much. I kept writing cut doses in half, but I think it's good for people to see it in writing. I am soooo happy you found this. I think it's good for everyone to see someone with a similar problem, and see how they solved it.:yep:

luckiestdestiny

Yeah I would have to agree: http://chlorella-europe.com/chlorellainfo3.html

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Peristalsis is the muscular contraction that moves material through the bowels. This normal movement prevents constipation and also plays a part in preventing toxic material in the stool from being reabsorbed into the bloodstream.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Ladies that have been constipated for days please don't let it go on any longer. Decrease, increase, get on a laxative. Whatever you have to do to get that stuff out of you. There are even MORE toxins sitting in your bowels because the chlorella has pulled them there and they are waiting to be released or they could get reabsorbed if not. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Don't think constipation is what chlorella does infact it does the the opposite. It's all about finding the right does for you to get things moving.[/FONT]

This is SUPER important thanks for the post.
:goodpost::clapping:

luckiestdestiny

Update. A while ago someone asked about the CGF in Now Chlorella. Well I emailed the Now catalogue for an answer. They finally emailed me today with....

yet another email to the manufacturer.

So I just emailed the manufacturer and hope to have an answer for you soon.

I'm curious myself as I'm wondering if this product has any at all,
stay tuned.

I must say I love Now brand's nettle tea bags, but I don't know why their chlorella doesn't list the amout of CGF

Kurlee

Update. A while ago someone asked about the CGF in Now Chlorella. Well I emailed the Now catalogue for an answer. They finally emailed me today with....

yet another email to the manufacturer.

So I just emailed the manufacturer and hope to have an answer for you soon.

I'm curious myself as I'm wondering if this product has any at all,
stay tuned.

I must say I love Now brand's nettle tea bags, but I don't know why their chlorella doesn't list the amout of CGF
thanks for looking further into this, I use the NOW brand. Its the only decent one i can get locally

Candycane044

Awesome thread :)

I have been a super food junkie for over 6 years now. I LOVE them! I underwent surgery twice to remove tumors at age 18 and 20 and I suffer from a chronic medical condition. These miracle healing foods have healed me and helped me tremendously - God is so great.

My favorite green super foods are; Alfalfa, Barley Grass, Wild Blue-Green Algae and then of course, Chlorella and Spirulina

Alfalfa contains chlorophyll, amino acids, digestive enzymes, phytoestrogens, flavonoids, ALL known vitamins (with 4 times the amount of vit c than oranges) and minerals (extremely rich in calcium). I add a handful to my green smoothies.

Barley Grass is similar to wheat grass but easier to digest and contains virtually every vitamin and mineral req. by the human body (except vit d). It contains as much protein as a serving of meat, 11x more calcium than cows milk, 5x more iron than spinach and 7x more vit c than orange. A 5g tablespoon is equiv to 100g of RAW green veg like broccoli, spinach, kale etc.

Blue-Green Algae, again contains most vitamins and minerals required by the human body. It also contains live enzymes, protein (very high protein content, something like 60%) and has a more complete amino acid profile than red meat or soy. Apparently it is the best food source of chlorophyll.

Chlorella and Spirulina are also power-packed super foods, which you guys have all ready discussed here.

Btw I ref to them as “green” super foods because there are many different categories…. Herb super foods (I love nettle tea), Bee super foods (royal jelly, propolis et.), Sea weed/veg, Oils and so forth….

Thank you for this!

IndianAngel22

Ok so how much Protein is supposed to be in our Chlorella? My source naturals doesn't seem like it has a lot maybe I wasn't paying attention

kitamay

I have been taking chlorella for about a week now and I now have green BM's. I think that I am still detoxing because when I started to take it I got a strange rash on my knee!? and my face has really broken out bad.

msdevo

I was in the supermarket this evening and ran across the Naked Juice Green Machine, so I decided to pick up a bottle. OMG!!!! Ladies this stuff is great with the chlorella. I was so amped up about the taste of it I decided to put in 2 teaspoons instead of the 1 I put in the applesauce.

So far its been almost an hour since I took it and I don't feel any different.

luckiestdestiny

Also I just wanted to give a heads up as to more on chlorella protein. Even though chlorella is more than 60 percent protein, the source of protein is more digestible than any meat. So for instance, if you eat 50 grams of meat protein, your body can only use 20% of it (how the body breaks it down) so you are still only processing about 10 grams of protein a day. Compare that to what chlorella does. Chlorella's protein is processed at over 75-80 percent and utilized by the body. So a little chlorella can do more than a lot of meat. Thus it can add to our need to increase protein for hair growth by using a little chlorella instead of a million extra eggs a day. Here's the article. But if you want to do eggs too I say go for it, just wanted to give you the info:

http://www.zimbio.com/Nutrition/articles/357/Protein+Part+2+Comparing+Proteins+Jon+Barron

Many people think that the usability of protein is a question of animal versus vegetable. In fact, a number of people sent in comments off the last newsletter and stated as much -- that animal protein is better than vegetable protein. And yes, as a general rule, animal protein is "more complete" than many vegetable proteins, but that does not automatically make it better. For example, beef contains only about 20% usable protein. Spirulina and chlorella, on the other hand, average 75-80% -- and are just as complete and just as bioavailable. Combine the right yellow pea and rice protein and you can hit numbers approaching 85-90% usable protein -- again with high bioavailability. In the world of protein, nothing is necessarily what it first seems. In fact, the issue of animal versus vegetable is one of the least important determiners when it comes to protein usability.

-------------------------------------------

I just wanted to add this because when you're increasing protein you can't judge chlorella by it's smaller amount of protein, as that protein is used more efficiently and at higher percentages by the body. So a little chlorella can do what lots of meat can.

luckiestdestiny

WOW seriously? How many grams is that?
You would just calculate 60 percent of the grams you're taking. So for instance if your goal is the maintanence at 6 grams that would equal 3.6 grams of protein and the digestability rate would be 2.88 almost 3 grams of protein.

Before anyone balks check this out.

You would need 15 grams of meat protein to do the same as it's digestability is only 20 percetn and means that your body would process 3 grams.

So For example:

6 grams of chlorella equals about 15 grams of meat protein (one protein shake). More would equal even more. And that's not counting the amino acids in them. Which I'm sure we can all calculate without the amount of grams we are taking. Don't forget the CGF. FOr instance Source naturals has: 1062 for 6 grams and that's what causes rapid cell turnover which in turn will help regeneration (which in turn helps nail growth and hair growth). Then there's the additional vitamins, minerals, and omegas that will help to nourish the body and cause hair growth and health.

Last edited:

Tybi

I was in the supermarket this evening and ran across the Naked Juice Green Machine, so I decided to pick up a bottle. OMG!!!! Ladies this stuff is great with the chlorella. I was so amped up about the taste of it I decided to put in 2 teaspoons instead of the 1 I put in the applesauce.

Thanks msdevo! I am finishing up my Earthrise pills and was looking into a powder form this time. I was going to pick up some applesauce, but this sounds better.

ETA: Did you pick this up on the juice isle? Was it in the organic section? I have never heard of it before

truequeen06

^^The green machine is usually in the refrigerate section with the juices. Not all stores have it so, you may do better checking the health food store first.

IndianAngel22

I know I might sound like a broken record BUT, if you are having trouble taking your chlorella PLEASE go out and buy flavored applesauce. I am so excited to take my chlorella every night because not only does it taste good but I haven't really had many symptoms and it goes down easy and fast. No gag no nothing. I'm tempted to double my intake to 6 grams tomorrow which is 2 teaspoons and it hasn't even beena week yet

scarcity21

which flavor of naked juice did u buy?

luckiestdestiny

You would just calculate 60 percent of the grams you're taking. So for instance if your goal is the maintanence at 6 grams that would equal 3.6 grams of protein and the digestability rate would be 2.88 almost 3 grams of protein.

Before anyone balks check this out.

You would need 15 grams of meat protein to do the same as it's digestability is only 20 percetn and means that your body would process 3 grams.

So For example:

6 grams of chlorella equals about 15 grams of meat protein (one protein shake). More would equal even more. And that's not counting the amino acids in them. Which I'm sure we can all calculate without the amount of grams we are taking. Don't forget the CGF. FOr instance Source naturals has: 1062 for 6 grams and that's what causes rapid cell turnover which in turn will help regeneration (which in turn helps nail growth and hair growth). Then there's the additional vitamins, minerals, and omegas that will help to nourish the body and cause hair growth and health.

Wanted to add one last thing:
http://www.koamart.com/shop/1-2979-...noodles_with_chlorella_no_msg_mild_flavor.asp
How Much Protein Does Chlorella Have?

Chlorella is a complete vegetable source of all amino acids. 60% of Chlorella is protein, which is in the form of amino acids. Chlorella contains 18 of 22 known amino acids and is considered a complete protein, meaning that it has the essential 8 amino acids.

It is a far superior protein source to others such as meat, fish and eggs because these are secondary protein, meaning that the amino acids have already been formed into protein to become the flesh of an egg or another animal. When we eat a food such as meat, our bodies must first break down the protein into amino acids then reform them into the proteins that our body needs. This is inefficient and not nearly as effective as simply taking pure amino acids.

The human body wants to form long complex chains of amino acids into the tens of thousands of different protein structures the body needs to perform functions all over the body. However, if one amino acid is missing, then an incomplete protein will be formed which will not function as effectively as a complete protein.

There is no other natural source of protein available that provides such a complete and balanced array of amino acids than green algae like chlorella.

luckiestdestiny

^^The green machine is usually in the refrigerate section with the juices. Not all stores have it so, you may do better checking the health food store first.
Yeah I've seen it at wholefoods, I'm not sure if trader joe has it or not. But I've also seen it at a few tiny (non chain) health food stores too.

Essensual

Yeah I've seen it at wholefoods, I'm not sure if trader joe has it or not. But I've also seen it at a few tiny (non chain) health food stores too.

My local Publix carries it. I was drinking them daily until my capsules arrived. I would certainly drink it as a filler if I was waiting on a shipment, or fogot to take my daily dose.

btw...I'm up to 4gms (10 capsules) with no ill effects.

luckiestdestiny

Reporting in. Last night I ate a spicy shrimp taco with cilantro lime sauce and had chips and salsa. I love spicy stuff. The reason I am telling everyone is because I had diarrhea tonight. Don't know if it's because of that or because of the chlorella. I will watch to see if later on today it's back to normal. If so I'll assume it was the spicy food (and when I say spicy I mean wheee! But I just love spicy) otherwise, I'll have to cut back on my chlorella. Right now my stomach is still sensitive and it's 5 a.m We'll see...

mariofmagdal

I kind of fell off. I missed my dose, made up for it later and caught a bad case of fatigue! I was so tired driving home, I had my un-licensed driver son (he is 18) drive us home! I know that was bad, he is a good driver just does not have a license he is in the process. I am glad he was with me, I was all over the road!

I think I am not going to replace my supplements when I am done, I will keep MSM, and magnesium. This ought to save me some money. I have my green blends and chlorophyll on auto ship, so are my MSM flakes. I feel good though.

Oh yes, my nails are white and very healthy looking, time for me to trim them again. I can't tell what's going on with my hair, it was already in great shape. I am sure if the nails are growing the hair must be too. Maybe in 30 days I will take a new hair photo.

Last edited:

Candycane044

I know I might sound like a broken record BUT, if you are having trouble taking your chlorella PLEASE go out and buy flavored applesauce. I am so excited to take my chlorella every night because not only does it taste good but I haven't really had many symptoms and it goes down easy and fast. No gag no nothing. I'm tempted to double my intake to 6 grams tomorrow which is 2 teaspoons and it hasn't even beena week yet

I might have to try this. The juice is working but I want to try other options.

I am about to start taking the powder again today. I decided to give the earthwise tablets to one of my brothers right now that is alittle under the weather. I think i will be putting it in orange juice and chugging, just like i used too!

Last edited:

mariofmagdal

Do u like Earthrise tablets? R u switching to Earthrise powder as well, or opting for another powdered brand? Personally, I like the Earthrise brand. I am getting the powder when my tablets are done. I hope your brother feels better soon.

I am not sure how I will use the powder, probably in juice as well, not orange though.

Last edited:

Kimbosheart

I am about to start taking the powder again today. I decided to give the earthwise tablets to one of my brothers right now that is alittle under the weather. I think i will be putting it in orange juice and chugging, just like i used too!

I think you were one of the members LD mentioned who saw 2" from taking Chlorella. Was that consistent? Did that happen every month that you were regularly taking it?

Im asking because I was reading a post by supermodelsonya and she cycles off her biotin every 8 weeks so she can get the spurt of growth.

I don't plan on doing that with Chlorella, because it benefits more than just my hair, and Im really hoping to see the skin benefits once the detox stops but I was just wondering. TIA