• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Lebiya

OK, so I got the 1 kg powder Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella today...disappointed. The supplement Facts they have listed on the Vita Cost web site is totally incorrect..especially the CGF. The serving size is only 2g (1/2 tsp) andthe CGF only 240mg :blush: Even if you doubled the serving size you still wouldn't get the 950mg (correction) that they claim online. I am so upset because now I have to reorder.:angry2: So don't getsucked in by the advertised 950mg CGF it's a BIG FAT LIE !! The Source Naturals one seems to truely be the better one.

Yup. This is what happened to me too. I was soo pissed. That’s’ false advertising! The vitamins are even less than what they posted. I was heated:burnup:

luckiestdestiny

He wasn't kidding. Two 21 yr old guys thought I was 19 this weekend. A 25 yr old woman at work told me she thought I was 20 today. I am 29 next week and never past for younger than 26 before.
Chlorella is no joke!!

One other thing. I stretched and measured my new growth today (21 days post relaxer) and its a 1/2 inch. This is a lot for me at 3 weeks. I am grateful for the growth increase, but I wonder if my growth rate will continue to increase. Keeping fingers crossed for you...I know the full effects of chlorella usually can take up to four months to kick in, plus it's also affecting lots of other stuff in the body. Congrats on the increased growth.

luckiestdestiny

Yup. This is what happened to me too. I was soo pissed. That’s’ false advertising! The vitamins are even less than what they posted. I was heated:burnup:

Thanks to you and tnorenberg for posting this!

That way others can take note!

:wallbash: It gets me frustrated just thinking about it.

Hopefully you ladies can get your money back.

BeautifulFlower

Ok, its official I believe Chlorella is completely controlling my acne breakouts. My skin is so such clearer and smoother and brighter. I am in love. I am doing 5g a day with Naked Green machine for the extra Chlorella and Spurilina. Thank you OP!

sheba1

I have the Jarrow powder, also, and I'm happy with my purchase. I don't know if it's a typo on the site, but the bottle is correct, right? And it doesn't have any less cgf than any other brand, including Source Naturals. It's still yaeyama and it's still the best price. 1000 grams for 45 dollars. 5 grams is a teaspoon. That means that 1 kilo is still 200 servings of 1 tsp at 4 grams chlorella per teaspoon, according to the label. :yep: And, hey, I'm getting fab results taking this brand so I'll stick with it.

Thanks for the heads up, though. Looking at the label, now, I know I've been taking 12 grams per day and not 15. I'll stick with it, though.

I'm a mean green macine! :D

CurlyMoo

He wasn't kidding. Two 21 yr old guys thought I was 19 this weekend. A 25 yr old woman at work told me she thought I was 20 today. I am 29 next week and never past for younger than 26 before.
Chlorella is no joke!!

One other thing. I stretched and measured my new growth today (21 days post relaxer) and its a 1/2 inch. This is a lot for me at 3 weeks. I am grateful for the growth increase, but I wonder if my growth rate will continue to increase. Keeping fingers crossed for you...I know the full effects of chlorella usually can take up to four months to kick in, plus it's also affecting lots of other stuff in the body. Congrats on the increased growth.

LD, how many grams are you taking and how much hair growth are you getting monthly now?

nc cutie

Hey ladies! I finally got around to buying this. I got Kyo Chlorella from GNC today, is anyone else using this brand? I'm going to start taking them tomorrow.

Hi Brand New! i JUST ASKED ABOUT THIS SAME BRAND. LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU!

sunflower

Welcome Sunflower:wave:
What kind are you taking?

I'm taking a brand called TUNG HAI. The bottle says that it is made in the USA but I think it is really from China. I'm getting a better brand this weekend. Hubby went out and got this brand when he saw me reading this thread. I have only been taking it for a couple of days now. I am having a few breakouts here and there but other than that so far so good.

luckiestdestiny

LD, how many grams are you taking and how much hair growth are you getting monthly now?
Hey Curly,

I can only estimate mine from stretching it out (as I keep braiding back up my hair). Before I was getting an inch a month (minimum .75) I also use nettle rinse as you know. I know that I cannot get much more as I was already using nettle but I am pleasantly suprised. I just clipped my bangs (which I left out and the rest is braided) and I noticed since around 9 days ago they've already grown over 1/2 an inch. I can def tell that as it's the only thing I flat iron once a week. I am full throttle chlorella and keeping up with my nettle rinse (and tea drink once a day) and 80 perent veggies 20 fish (some chicken) diet. I'm not mad at chlorella at all. Grams I'm still at 12 and holding strong. I don't believe I'll increase as the disease fighting dose starts at 12 and up and I have graves so I wanted to be at that level. I also have protein from what I eat so I decided that's enough for me. HTH When onelove08 said her daughter hair went from wsl to tailbone in 6 wks it is possible. Maryofmagdal also was saying just pulling her longest strands were tailbone and she was at wsl and not even full yet! This chlorella is making me a believer. Maybe I'll be finished with my layers in no time if this keeps up.

Forgot to add I started adding some techniques from groafrohairlong and added the infusium to my braid spay and even include it on my bangs now. So that while my hair is braided it can maintain maximum length when I take the braids down.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I'm taking a brand called TUNG HAI. The bottle says that it is made in the USA but I think it is really from China. I'm getting a better brand this weekend. Hubby went out and got this brand when he saw me reading this thread. I have only been taking it for a couple of days now. I am having a few breakouts here and there but other than that so far so good.

Please change to Japanese brand: yaeyama or sun chlorella asap. That includes Jarrow, etc. You want to make sure that the standards for producing it are up to par so that you don't have a bad batch of chlorella.:yep:

luckiestdestiny

Hi, I want to know how many grams should I take daily for 2'' of hair growth?

Hi SweetMarshCrystal,

I wish I had an answer but if you read my first post, it explains that people claim various amounts. Babydoll has claimed at least 1.50 a month, and there are others getting amazing amounts as well. The purpose of chlorella is to help your body to work more efficiently so you can get the maximum growth possible and also detox and heal your body. You'll have to adjust amounts to get your maximum growth but I don't want to promise you anything even though I'm getting great growth myself! HTH!

Pooks

Ok, its official I believe Chlorella is completely controlling my acne breakouts. My skin is so such clearer and smoother and brighter. I am in love. I am doing 5g a day with Naked Green machine for the extra Chlorella and Spurilina. Thank you OP!

This post has really excited me! How long have you been taking CHL Pretty FaceANB ?

I started reading Divine Inspiration's post about alpha-lipoic acid in the Skin n Make up forum, got so excited I :cowgirl: and got some figuring I'd try and turbo boost my skin clearing mission. (I will jump on a health/beauty bandwagon in a minute :lachen:!)

I took 200mg last night before giving myself a serious talking to "you're already taking CHL which is having a positive effect already, just step back and watch the results after a few months!" I gave the ALA to my sis who has acne, I'll stick with the CHL.

This is the end of my 4th week of CHL, my energy is up, I'm getting up in the mornings alot easier, and I have done 2 workouts this week so I'm looking forward to more positive results in the coming weeks.

:bounceline:

Pooks

so to double check, source naturals is fine (or is there a better one)
and you do nettle rinses weekly and drink nettle daily?

Thanks!

I think Source Naturals is a good brand, alot of the ladies are using it. I have only rinsed with nettle twice, but I drink it on a daily, HTH!

DaughterOfZion1

Hi SweetMarshCrystal,

I wish I had an answer but if you read my first post, it explains that people claim various amounts. Babydoll has claimed at least 1.50 a month, and there are others getting amazing amounts as well. The purpose of chlorella is to help your body to work more efficiently so you can get the maximum growth possible and also detox and heal your body. You'll have to adjust amounts to get your maximum growth but I don't want to promise you anything even though I'm getting great growth myself! HTH!

also, how do you make the rinses?

I want to start rinsing and taking chl...

and one last question lol what hair and skin nail do you take? how much and do u know the ingredients. sorry for all the questions im just so excited!
Thanks!

BeautifulFlower

I am more than excited myself. I also take ALA (to lower blood sugar to reduce breakouts) and MSM (hair, bones, joints). So if you wanna take ALA go for it. I believe the combo is helping to also heal my acne scarring which is a big thing for me right now since my skin is finally pimple free and smooth. :grin:

I have only been taking this for 2 weeks and I havent gone this long without a breakout in well over a year. Wiht my normal routine, I usually get a new pimple every 4 to 7 days. They stop coming when I started taking CHL. I havent done anything else different. I've even been able to wean myself off using benzoyl peroxide & moisturizer at night and I use them now just as an oil controller during the day. I do use AHA+ lotion at night. Wash my face morning and night with a gentle cleanser.

This post has really excited me! How long have you been taking CHL Pretty FaceANB ?

I started reading Divine Inspiration's post about alpha-lipoic acid in the Skin n Make up forum, got so excited I :cowgirl: and got some figuring I'd try and turbo boost my skin clearing mission. (I will jump on a health/beauty bandwagon in a minute :lachen:!)

I took 200mg last night before giving myself a serious talking to "you're already taking CHL which is having a positive effect already, just step back and watch the results after a few months!" I gave the ALA to my sis who has acne, I'll stick with the CHL.

This is the end of my 4th week of CHL, my energy is up, I'm getting up in the mornings alot easier, and I have done 2 workouts this week so I'm looking forward to more positive results in the coming weeks.

:bounceline:

Last edited:

Blaque*Angel

checking in quickly to say there is something about chlorella and eye PROBLEMS :(

like a few ladies have mentioned!!

i upped my dose yesterday and today my eye is sore, pink and full of mucus/sleep/boogers. i keep cleansing it but the boogers come back.

i hope this passes VERY soon as i have two very important dates soon

i now have some eye drops

Last edited:

Pooks

I am more than excited myself. I also take ALA (to lower blood sugar to reduce breakouts) and MSM (hair, bones, joints). So if you wanna take ALA go for it. I believe the combo is helping to also heal my acne scarring which is a big thing for me right now since my skin is finally pimple free and smooth. :grin:

I have only been taking this for 2 weeks and I havent gone this long without a breakout in well over a year. Wiht my normal routine, I usually get a new pimple every 4 to 7 days. They stop coming when I started taking CHL. I havent done anything else different. I've even been able to wean myself off using benzoyl peroxide & moisturizer at night and I use them now just as an oil controller during the day. I do use AHA+ lotion at night. Wash my face morning and night with a gentle cleanser.

Thanks PFnB, I think I'll give CHL a chance on its own for at least another month or so, if I need an added booster to clear my skin (important date coming up) I'll try ALA in addition to CHL.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I was having that problem a while back... I had had a small bout with conjuctivitis (pink eye) and it came back. I was wondering if it was a detox symptom... It had to be a detox symptom as I thought it was pink eye again but it was not...... Warning: If you have discharge from your eye that is green or yellowish, get it checked because pink eye is a buggar!!!! Any hoo eyes are fine now, it was a weird coinky-dink though...

See that's the thing I know it's not the pink eye cause I've had that when I was younger. There is no discharge other than the one I wake up with. My eyes don't itch and there's no pain. I hope it's all part of the detox and it's curing my eyesight too :grin:

On the other hand I'm glad to say that I'M BACK ON THE GREEN BUS!!!!:grin::grin::lachen::lachen:YAY!!!

yodie

I wonder if the eye discharge means we're taking too much or its just a detox symptom. I haven't read about this in any of the on-line articles.

HairHustla

I am with you ladies, I thought I was just having allergies but everyday now my eyes are glassy and watery and kind of filmy where I have to keep wiping them but no eye boogers as of yet. I see perhaps it wasn't an allergy but the CHL. I walk around all day like I have been somewhere boo hooing! Interesting.

Ladybelle

It is interesting because I am hitting the 2 week mark too and I am experiencing the same things as you, maybe we are chlorella twins. I just go to work, get through the day and come home, take a quick nap, get up and do what I need to do then exercise then snap out of it and go to bed. Hang in there girl. It's gonna be ok. :yep:

Hey twin! Are you also experiencing the hair growth?? I don't know how many inches i've gotten but i've only had my braids for a month and it looks like it's been two! Some serious new growth there. Definitely a benefit.

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
Does anyone know what natural chlorella is? Can I just buy it in the veggie section and make a green drink out of it? I don't get this.
Is chlorella inside of stuff, like my wheat-grass shots?

Blaque*Angel

Does anyone know what natural chlorella is? Can I just buy it in the veggie section and make a green drink out of it? I don't get this.
Is chlorella inside of stuff, like my wheat-grass shots?

from my understanding its grown in fresh water, you will probably have to contact a supplier and enquire about buying it in a batch before they turn it into powder form/capsules. i read somewhere online that its very easy to grow and it multiplies very quickly.HTH

PS The powder form is best for green drinks/smoothies IMO

luckiestdestiny

and one last question lol what hair and skin nail do you take? how much and do u know the ingredients. sorry for all the questions im just so excited!
Thanks!

Yes I use source naturals and it is a great brand. I use nettle rinses weekly and drink nettle tea daily. I do take the NOW brand of nettle tea. It's an organic brand you can find on amazon.com or iherb. I have not found it in a store, though there are other brands. I can't recommend others as I do what works for me, and I never change up if it's not broke (I don't fix it!).

Tea rinse is simply a tea rinse. You just boil the tea and let steep and cool (occasionally I add herbs but most times I'm lazy and just do the rinse regular), pour over your head focusing on the scalp as that's how it stimulates growth. Leave in. You do this as your final rinse. It doesn't matter if it gets on the hair as nettle has moisturizing properties. HTH:yep:

luckiestdestiny

Thanks!

I only take chlorella as it has all the vitamins I need. I also eat right with lots of organic veggies and fish so I don't take a hair skin nail vitamin..

I'm glad you're excited. Please don't apologize for asking questions please ask away!