Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Welcome to the board. Much success being GREEN!

Thanks! :grin:

So what does it taste like? I'm only up to page 8 of this thread.

I think I'm going to mix my Chlorella with the Bolthouse Green Goodness until I know how it tastes. If I like it or it's not too bad, I'll start to dilute the Green Goodness with water.

I need to lose some weight.

I was on the carrot juice kick a while back and I didn't have time to juice my own so I would purchase the Bolthouse brand. I gained 20 lbs I drank so much! :lachen:

luckiestdestiny

Thanks! :grin:

So what does it taste like? I'm only up to page 8 of this thread.

I think I'm going to mix my Chlorella with the Bolthouse Green Goodness until I know how it tastes. If I like it or it's not too bad, I'll start to dilute the Green Goodness with water.

I need to lose some weight.

I was on the carrot juice kick a while back and I didn't have time to juice my own so I would purchase the Bolthouse brand. I gained 20 lbs I drank so much! :lachen:

Yeah juice is good but only in moderation! It's just two-three fruit in one 8 ounce of juice. If youdrink 16 or 24 ounces you've just had up to 9 fruit! That's just too much! So if you water it down it'll work out. I think you have the right idea watering it down and adding the chlorella. Then there really won't be any taste to worry about.

alittlestar

Ladies using the Vitamin Shop CHL, are you seeing great results? I may pick up a bottle of these tablets. I like that each tablet is 1 g.

I am using this brand as well. I just got it this week so too early to report but I will give my comments once I see some progress (thinking positive and expecting great results).

Ladybelle

Good day all!!
Just dropping by to tell about another chlorella benefit I can attest to: It's does WONDERS for the skin. I'm going to a funeral today and last night I looked at my face, it was slightly broken out and I wanted it to look crystal clear (I'm seeing a bunch of old classmates at the funeral today) so while doing my housecleaning I took some of my chlorella capsules, opened up about 5-6 of them and poured them in a bowl- i then mixed the chlorella with my witch hazel mixture (witch hazel mixed w/the eo's my face loves) and immediately applied it to my face. It stayed on my face for about 4-5 hours.

When I initially rinsed, there was a slight change in the break out, but my skin was velvety soft. When I woke up this morning.... ALL the breakout was gone!!! This stuff is amazing! The only down side is I woke up to an extreme case of eye boogers, haven't had this problem until I applied the chlorella directly to my face and under my eyes. I don't know If this is a coincidence or not.

Last edited:

HairHustla

Good day all!!
Just dropping by to tell about another chlorella benefit I can attest to: It's does WONDERS for the skin. I'm going to a funeral today and last night I looked at my face, it was slightly broken out and I wanted it to look crystal clear (I'm seeing a bunch of old classmates at the funeral today) so while doing my housecleaning I took some of my chlorella capsules, opened up about 5-6 of them and poured them in a bowl- i then mixed the chlorella with my witch hazel mixture (witch hazel mixed w/the eo's my face loves) and immediately applied it to my face. It stayed on my face for about 4-5 hours.

When I initially rinsed, there was a slight change in the break out, but my skin was velvety soft. When I woke up this morning.... ALL the breakout was gone!!! This stuff is amazing! The only down side is I woke up to an extreme case of eye boogers, haven't had this problem until I applied the chlorella directly to my face and under my eyes. I don't know If this is a coincidence or not.

Getting on the CHL..WitHZL bandwagon..do share your recipe!!!

Lebiya

No problem, I understand how it feels to have skin problems. I wash my face with an Indian skin soap called Vatika honey and saffron soap. As far as the ACV, I read in the skin forum a couple of months ago that it helps to deep clean the skin. I decided to try it and it has helped my skin. I dont have to use store brand or commercial astringents anymore which did not work for me. The ACV works better for me. I only use the organic ACV bragg brand not the grocery store brand. If your skin is already oily you may not need the oil.

I'm going to try this ACV thing. So basically you apply it on with a cotton ball AFTER you cleanse your skin -Leave it on dont rinse it OFF- then use a mositurizer?...I just want to make sure I have it right :)

Rainbow Dash

I'm going to try this ACV thing. So basically you apply it on with a cotton ball AFTER you cleanse your skin -Leave it on dont rinse it OFF- then use a mositurizer?...I just want to make sure I have it right :)

Apply after you cleanse, leave it on. It will tingle and I only use organic ACV Bragg brand. Once its about dry I use my moisturizer. If you want you can start with it at night and see how it works for you. Also I have come to realize that my breakouts were due to hormone imbalance, so by upping my vegs and taking ChL my body is getting on track and working properly. Also I forgot to add that I take omega 3, 6, 9, which also helps with hormone balancing. It has been so long since I have had clear clean. It may take some time for your body to adjust to the CHL and other supp but try it. Also try some CHL facials. I tried one with honey, lemon juice (little), CHL, and cinnamon. My face looked so smooth. You can leave it on for as long as you want.

Lebiya

Apply after you cleanse, leave it on. It will tingle and I only use organic ACV Bragg brand. Once its about dry I use my moisturizer. If you want you can start with it at night and see how it works for you. Also I have come to realize that my breakouts were due to hormone imbalance, so by upping my vegs and taking ChL my body is getting on track and working properly. Also I forgot to add that I take omega 3, 6, 9, which also helps with hormone balancing. It has been so long since I have had clear clean. It may take some time for your body to adjust to the CHL and other supp but try it. Also try some CHL facials. I tried one with honey, lemon juice (little), CHL, and cinnamon. My face looked so smooth. You can leave it on for as long as you want.

Wonderful, thanks!

MagnoliaBelle

Starting today I plan to up my dosage of chlorella. Right now I have the Source Naturals Yaeyama tablets. 10 tablets provide 2 grams. I see that some of you and Luckiest Destiny are up to 12 grams per day. How do you fit it all in? That's a total of 60 tablets per day. I was thinking that I would just take 20 at breakfast (egg shake), 20 at lunch, and 20 at dinner. I'm not sure if it needs to be spread out even more, but I think that it would be hard to find the time and hard to remember if I try to have even more dosages.

I'm also having a hard time fitting the necessary water in. Now I only drink 2 16 oz. bottles of spring water per day and I know that's not enough.

So many vitamins, veggies, juices, supplements, and so little time; I just can't seem to get on a schedule to fit it all in consistently:drunk: I'm still glad I'm doing it all though:spinning:

Lebiya

^Thats why I just opt for the powder. 2 scoops a day will equal 8 grams. Then, Im done. Gulp it down then your good for the day. No forgetting. I'd never remember to take the pills everyday

yodie

Many ladies are replacing their other supplements with chlorella. Chl has just about everything in it, so taking many of the other supplements isn't necessary.

Starting today I plan to up my dosage of chlorella. Right now I have the Source Naturals Yaeyama tablets. 10 tablets provide 2 grams. I see that some of you and Luckiest Destiny are up to 12 grams per day. How do you fit it all in? That's a total of 60 tablets per day. I was thinking that I would just take 20 at breakfast (egg shake), 20 at lunch, and 20 at dinner. I'm not sure if it needs to be spread out even more, but I think that it would be hard to find the time and hard to remember if I try to have even more dosages.

I'm also having a hard time fitting the necessary water in. Now I only drink 2 16 oz. bottles of spring water per day and I know that's not enough.

So many vitamins, veggies, juices, supplements, and so little time; I just can't seem to get on a schedule to fit it all in consistently:drunk: I'm still glad I'm doing it all though:spinning:

MagnoliaBelle

Thanks Vodie. What do you put your powder in? I am restocking today at Whole Foods. I think I will get half powder and half pills to give the powder a try. I try to juice everyday so I can put the powder in my green juice.

Lebiya

It's not necessarily the grams it's how they're processed in the body. Instead of me dropping long science like I did earlier in the thread, I'll explain it in a quicker way:

Chlorella can be processed in your body depending on how you're eating from 80 up to almost 100 percent, whereas all meat that you digest (including protein and whey), your body will only process 20 percent of it.
It's just how your body breaks down food. The rest will go out when you do the whole poo thing. So everytime you eat a burger only 20 percent is being processed by your body and the 80 percent it couldn't break down is in your poo.

With that said:
So in 12 grms of CHL I have 6 grams of protein from source naturals

I would need to eat over 25-30 grams of meat to get the same effect.

So you can see how a little CHL is a ton of protein for the body. Vegetarians actually use this (in other cultures) as their primary protein supply and take enough to make that happen.

HTH!

Ok great, cause I'm trying to get at least 50 grams of protein from CHL per day, so I'll use this an example

luckiestdestiny

Hey MagnoliaBelle:

I take the powder cause the tablets would just be too much! It only takes four teaspoons of powder in some naked green machine juice and distilled water and that's it for me. I'm on my way!

yodie

Thanks Vodie. What do you put your powder in? I am restocking today at Whole Foods. I think I will get half powder and half pills to give the powder a try. I try to juice everyday so I can put the powder in my green juice.

Hey MagnoliaBelle:

I take the powder cause the tablets would just be too much! It only takes four teaspoons of powder in some naked green machine juice and distilled water and that's it for me. I'm on my way!

Thanks for responding LD. I've been tied up with computer problems all day.

MagnoliaBelle, basically what LD said. I add powder to mostly water and a little bit of "Green Plant Juice" from Trader Joe's. Shake it or stir with a spoon and take it down.

Ladies using the Vitamin Shop CHL, are you seeing great results? I may pick up a bottle of these tablets. I like that each tablet is 1 g.

• Faster growing hair
  • Younger looking, brighter skin
  • Strong, fast growing nails
  • No adverse effects from alcohol
  • More energy (after detox)
  • Decreased appetite
  • Firmer muscles
  • Regularity

AtlantaJJ

Hey ladies!! :hiya: I am pimple free, and my hair is growing, growing, growing!!

March 29th will be 2 months for me!! :reddancer:

yodie

• Faster growing hair
  • Younger looking, brighter skin
  • Strong, fast growing nails
  • No adverse effects from alcohol
  • More energy (after detox)
  • Decreased appetite
  • Firmer muscles
  • Regularity

Thanks. I may pick up a bottle tomorrow on my way home from church. I ran out today and my shipment of SN will get here next week.

yodie

Hey ladies!! :hiya: I am pimple free, and my hair is growing, growing, growing!!

March 29th will be 2 months for me!! :reddancer:

AtlantaJJ,

Which brand are you taking?
How many grams?

I feel like my hair isn't doing a thing. Maybe it's me. Maybe my body is taking longer. I don't straighten my hair. So, I don't see any noticeable growth.

AtlantaJJ,

Which brand are you taking?
How many grams?

I feel like my hair isn't doing a thing. Maybe it's me. Maybe my body is taking longer. I don't straighten my hair. So, I don't see any noticeable growth.

Don't be discouraged. Give it more time. LD says that the full effects can be seen around 4 months of usage. The Chlorella might be taking care of something else in your body before it will boost your growth. Everybody is different, just stay consistent.

yodie

Don't be discouraged. Give it more time. LD says that the full effects can be seen around 4 months of usage. The Chlorella might be taking care of something else in your body before it will boost your growth. Everybody is different, just stay consistent.

OT - I live in L.A. too. Nice to know that I have a chl buddy close by.

Maybe it's really working on something in my body. I don't know.

I started Jan. 27th (yay) and I'm just now seeing white nails. My eyelashes have grown and my cycle is still very late (helloooo, are you out there???)

I had nasty mucus in my eyes - alot of it, but this morning was alot less than it usually is. Maybe that part of my body has detoxed and I'm moving onto the next issue.

I've also seen clearer skin and gained alot more energy.

Last edited:

MagnoliaBelle

Hey MagnoliaBelle:

Thanks for responding LD. I've been tied up with computer problems all day.

MagnoliaBelle, basically what LD said. I add powder to mostly water and a little bit of "Green Plant Juice" from Trader Joe's. Shake it or stir with a spoon and take it down.

Okay Yodie and Luckiest Destiny. You all have convinced me. I am going to buy the powder. 4 teaspoons is just way to easier than 60 tablets. It's a no brainer. I think that I will also purchase some green plant juice for those nights when I'm just too beat to juice my on.

Thanks. I'll continue to update and I look forward to reviewing everyone's progress.

Last edited: