• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

MrsMe

Hi ladies, back on the quest to be green. I have a question though, do any of you ladies experience red eyes in the morning? It's like my eyes are always red in the morning and I can't figure out why.
Mine are too. I also have these eye secretions which are getting a little out of hand! They're all over my inner corner and lashes! Makes me look like I haven't washed my face in the morning so I have to go over each eye again after my face is dry!

luckiestdestiny

Hey! I think I have a hair update! I've been wearing cornrows under my wig and spritzing an ayurveda/aloe/nettle mix on my scalp daily. I've been taking a high dose of chlorella (15 grams) for the last couple of weeks. Well... today when I went to wash my hair, I spritzed it with my scalp mixture to help me remove shed hairs before wash. And my hair was NOTICEABLY thicker at the base. Almost like when you have a relaxer and the two textures are so noticeable as you have new growth? That's what it was like! I was like "what in the world?". I think it's new growth! My growth since chlorella appears to be thicker and more tightly packed.

Also, a few weeks ago I was reading a thread about what men considered to be long hair. I asked my bf, out of curiosity, and he said that hair that stretched out past the sholder was long to him. Imagine grabbing your hair in one hand and then stretching it straight out to the side with your elbow at a right angle. I remember doing that and saying, "like this?". My hair reached just past my shoulder. Well today I was stretching my hair like that and my bf commented that it stretched well outside my shoulder. He said it stretched out to my elbow! :eek: I jokingly told him he was silly but you know what? He was right! My hair has grown for sure.

Anyhow, I can't wait to straighten my hair again in July. That will be four months of chlorella use, four months of my ayurvedic reggie and four months from the pic below. I'll post a visual update for you guys then. :drunk:

Green is where it's at!

Can't wait to see them.:yep:

luckiestdestiny

Mine are too. I also have these eye secretions which are getting a little out of hand! They're all over my inner corner and lashes! Makes me look like I haven't washed my face in the morning so I have to go over each eye again after my face is dry!

I do get the eye secretions (like whitish?) but my eye balls are whiter than they've ever been. Maybe there's some cleansing stuff going on in your eyes as well...who knows as chlorella seems to work differently on different stuff as it works on people as individuals.

starfish

Whoa. I took my bun down, and started putting some ayurvedic oils on my scalp and hair, and my new growth is crazy! So I went to my calendar because, of course it must be time for a perm. (I get a perm every 6-7 weeks, I'm BSL and it doesn't mess my hair up, never has).
Ummm, it's only been 4 weeks. I can hardly believe it. I have 'need a perm better call my sylist stat' new growth, and it's only been a month? I didn't start taking chlorella necessarily for hair growth, just for health, but this is a nice surprise! I'll have to take a picture when I go to my stylist at the end of this month.

To the lady who asked, I also have been craving and eating salt like crazy. My period starts in two days so that is probably it.

I have alot of energy in the morning and haven't had a cup of coffee since I started. Don't need it!

jrae

I had extremely yucky eyes, too. That phase has ended but I never associated it with chlorella.

yodie

Hi ladies, back on the quest to be green. I have a question though, do any of you ladies experience red eyes in the morning? It's like my eyes are always red in the morning and I can't figure out why.

Mine are light red with a lot of mucus/eye boogers. What's up with that?

ADB

I just started taking my chlorella yesterday! :grin: I'm excited!!! I hope I experience all the good things you ladies have with it.

How many grams are most people taking to see results?

Oh, what is the chlorella face mask? I tried reading some of the back post but I can't find the information.

AtlantaJJ

Hello, chlorella bellas! :hiya: I see this thread keeps growing and growing...:lachen:I was gone for just a few days and I had to read five pages of 40 posts! I will never do that again!
I'm still at 4g and today I added 400mg. I will slowly increase my way up to 10g that way, so that my body can have time to adjust. I am COMPLETELY GREEN!! Yup, not even a hint of brown anymore!:grin: I wake up so easily in the morning now and I am NOT a morning person, so it has helped. My boyfriend even noticed that it helped w/ my appetite because I am "a woman who can eat a lot without feeling guilty or putting on weight" and I usually get cranky if I don't get my food like a baby! :lachen:
I saw a few replies that I really liked but I couldn't quote them all. Thank you to all the ladies who kept updating their progress/symptoms w/ chl.
(Special thanks to Sheba1 for her input on skincare! It was really needed!)

So here are a few replies that I ABSOLUTELY wanted to answer to....

My diet is not the same as last year at all and it has greatly improved. I can officially say that I am eating healthy! :grin:
I realized that I used to eat too much sweets, meat and that a lot of the foods/juices that I consumed had way too much sugars/carbs. How do I know that? Although I haven't exercised regularly since January, I have continued to lose weight. I lost 5 pounds without exercise and without starving. I make sure that I always have fruits available for snacks, at least two to three veggies w/ my lunch/dinner, and always have a fruit with every meal.

However, my skin hasn't benefited from that diet change and has gotten even worse over the past few weeks, but this is due to stress (you know how depressed I was a couple of weeks ago) and hormonal acne. I was getting cysts! I hadn't had cysts for the past 5 years and I was horrified by it! So, I started cutting back on the dairy, meats and sugars and then I started getting addicted to health supplements and superfoods... I started w/ ALA, olive leaf extract and I am now on chl.
I've also been taking EPO and flax seed oil in an attempt to help me with my hormonal symptoms. EPO helped me greatly w/ my PMS symptoms and cramping but my skin is the tough cookie... Flax seed oil turned my skin around in terms of dryness. Winters are usually very tough on it and it cracks all over, but this year I can't complain about dryness. :yep:

My face isn't on point yet, but I have noticed that I have fewer cysts, they don't last as long as they used to and my scars are starting to fade. I started documenting my "skin progress" after realizing that it was a great way to keep track of it like I did for my hair, so I shall post pics in a few weeks (at best) or months.
I believe that I can only benefit from the chl, so it's a keeper for me.

YES INDEED! When I told one of my friends that I was taking EPO she told me that it was good for women who have menopausal symptoms, but it also helps young gals like me! :grin: I think that YOU are going to turn me into an herbs addict too...

Please do!! I'm a sucker for pics especially when it involves such great improvement! :grin:

:wallbash: Now I have to get some more supplements! I must resist! :wallbash: :look:
Can't do it! How long have you been taking these? How did they help?

AtlantaJJ said:
I started taking the Sarsaparilla two weeks ago for my fingers, I have eczema and it helps for that. I doubled my dose because I found out I was not taking enough according to my research. Loe-and-behold my face just cleared up! It's like someone turned off the pimple faucet. I did not know that Sarsaparilla is a blood purifier!! I am so excited. In spite of the acne my face is smooth if that makes any sense, and my skin looks like I had this problem 2 months ago not two weeks because the marks are fading fast even without my doing any masks. Some ladies were telling me I have nice skin yesterday. I only have to use cover up on the dark spots and mineral powder on the rest of my face!!

I'm gonna have to keep stalking you...:sekret:

:grin: You cannot imagine how glad I am to hear that! It gives me hope!!
I will do the mask this weekend. I'm still in crazy mode at work. I didn't get to bed until 2:00 am last night working. I haven't fallen out with all this hustle and bustle and stress, I have been smooth as silk mentally and spirtually.

soonergirl

I was having that problem a while back... I had had a small bout with conjuctivitis (pink eye) and it came back. I was wondering if it was a detox symptom... It had to be a detox symptom as I thought it was pink eye again but it was not...... Warning: If you have discharge from your eye that is green or yellowish, get it checked because pink eye is a buggar!!!! Any hoo eyes are fine now, it was a weird coinky-dink though...

HairHustla

Well Ladies,

I am about to complete week 2. I have increased dosage up to between 4 and 5 grams this week. I drink 3 grams in the morning in my shake with 3 gs of spirullina and take 1.5 grams in the evening by taking 8 pills. (I take the source naturals.) I think I have some symptoms going on, not sure but I am so very tired. I feel like somebody just drained most of my blood out of me and left me with lead weighted air inside my body. Funny thing is, no green BM yet....I have very little appetite and just generally lethargic. I am drinking atleast 1.5 liters of water each day and still trying to work out on the treadmill. I do try to eat regularly although I have fallen off from eating dinner for the last 3 days...just not hungry. So, hopefully this is as bad as its going to get..I can live with this, its just something I have to go through I guess.

In brighter news (literally) I have still been doing the chlorella facials and they are outstanding! Nails are getting whiter, skin is clearer and hair is remaining softer. Oh, and my little beard problem is GETTING BETTER HALELUJAH!!!! Also, someone mentioned cellulite going away, well it is happening for me too...glad about that. Stomach still flatter and ordinarily I am in orbit but I guess I had to land for a while. Thanks ladies for listening.

Ladybelle

Well Ladies,

I am about to complete week 2. I have increased dosage up to between 4 and 5 grams this week. I drink 3 grams in the morning in my shake with 3 gs of spirullina and take 1.5 grams in the evening by taking 8 pills. (I take the source naturals.) I think I have some symptoms going on, not sure but I am so very tired. I feel like somebody just drained most of my blood out of me and left me with lead weighted air inside my body. Funny thing is, no green BM yet....I have very little appetite and just generally lethargic. I am drinking atleast 1.5 liters of water each day and still trying to work out on the treadmill. I do try to eat regularly although I have fallen off from eating dinner for the last 3 days...just not hungry. So, hopefully this is as bad as its going to get..I can live with this, its just something I have to go through I guess.

In brighter news (literally) I have still been doing the chlorella facials and they are outstanding! Nails are getting whiter, skin is clearer and hair is remaining softer. Oh, and my little beard problem is GETTING BETTER HALELUJAH!!!! Also, someone mentioned cellulite going away, well it is happening for me too...glad about that. Stomach still flatter and ordinarily I am in orbit but I guess I had to land for a while. Thanks ladies for listening.

I too have experienced the lethargy... mine has been going on almost since I started even with exercise, a diet change and recently the addition of more water. If anyone can give any suggestion on how to improve this, i would be grateful. I get home from work and i'm just sooooooo tired. I've been taking naps after work and I am usually not a napper at all. Also skipping meals, just not hungry. I'm hardly hungry and when i do eat, it's forced. Which is a good thing, I just miss eating!!!

Congrats on the positive benefits.

deusa80

Whoa. I took my bun down, and started putting some ayurvedic oils on my scalp and hair, and my new growth is crazy! So I went to my calendar because, of course it must be time for a perm. (I get a perm every 6-7 weeks, I'm BSL and it doesn't mess my hair up, never has).
Ummm, it's only been 4 weeks. I can hardly believe it. I have 'need a perm better call my sylist stat' new growth, and it's only been a month? I didn't start taking chlorella necessarily for hair growth, just for health, but this is a nice surprise! I'll have to take a picture when I go to my stylist at the end of this month.

To the lady who asked, I also have been craving and eating salt like crazy. My period starts in two days so that is probably it.

I have alot of energy in the morning and haven't had a cup of coffee since I started. Don't need it!

I can definitely relate to that! I get my relaxer about every 6 to 8 weeks(I'm trying to stretch longer gradually). This week I'm 5 weeks post and my NG is crazy, but I noticed it was like this about 2 weeks go. I mentioned in another post that my hair felt like it grew over night. I'm not even taking a high dose, I just went up to about 1.5g daily this week(I'm getting into this gradually too). I hope my growth continues to increase as I increase my dosage.

On another note, I think CL is improving my skin tone. It appears to be more clear and I've noticed some of the dark spots and scars on my face aren't as noticeable.:grin:

luckiestdestiny

Well Ladies,

How's the weight thing going after the adjustment? I know you were considering adjusting protein, increasing water, etc as you were also doing the egg drink too.

luckiestdestiny

I too have experienced the lethargy... mine has been going on almost since I started even with exercise, a diet change and recently the addition of more water. If anyone can give any suggestion on how to improve this, i would be grateful. I get home from work and i'm just sooooooo tired. I've been taking naps after work and I am usually not a napper at all. Also skipping meals, just not hungry. I'm hardly hungry and when i do eat, it's forced. Which is a good thing, I just miss eating!!!

You know, some people are taking spirulina for a boost in energy. I'm not taking spirulina as I have an auto condition, grave's disease, so I can't risk having "issues" so to spea. But for those in tip top shape, give it a try.

As for me, I just rode it out. I was alittle tired for a few days but rode it out and it left. It's just one of the detox symptoms for chlorella. Just make sure you're drinking lots of water and you should be fine!

luckiestdestiny

Update hair is still growing like a weed...seems to be a little faster than last month but I'm in braids so I'm just estimating. My stretchmarks on my belly are getting waaay fainter so I'm psyched about that!:yay:

Weight wise, I only lost a pound this week so far but I'm not mad at chlorella! It's taken me from over 160 to the 140's in less than two months so I'm all grins about that.:grin: Besides I've been on spring break and pretty sedentary this week (no exercise...). I'm in the master's program here, but I still am working over the break as I definitely need to make money. I decided I needed a break from something so I decided I wouldn't exercise this week.

Skin looks really silky and I'm looking seventeen/eighteenish now (lol as I'm almost thirty. I always looked young but not THIS young). I went into a restaurant that cards at the door (they have a live salsa band, mexican food, and stuff and alcohol which I don't drink anyways, but still...)and they CARDED me. I even got carded when I tried to get a lottery scratch off card because I was in a what the hey! mood. That was the BEST.

HairHustla

How's the weight thing going after the adjustment? I know you were considering adjusting protein, increasing water, etc as you were also doing the egg drink too.

Hey LD,

I did go ahead and reduce the whey protein and I seem to have better luck with that because I am losing now but still losing much slower since before the shake. That did help though. Also, I am taking the spirulina and I have found that when I exercise, it seems to "snap" me out of the lethargy. The spirulina does not seem to help me until I exercise so Rain, try just moving around, walking on the treadmill it is helping me big time.

AtlantaJJ

Sometimes the body needs sleep to complete its healing process. I think I would try to get more rest in if I could. I think this period of time will pass for you but I know the body will tell you when to slow down for a reason. Most of our healing and cellular rebuilding takes place during our sleep.

I have SO much energy it's crazy but I'm taking all kinds of stuff, I should be glowing like a Christmas tree! LOL and I am!

Ladybelle

Sometimes the body needs sleep to complete its healing process. I think I would try to get more rest in if I could. I think this period of time will pass for you but I know the body will tell you when to slow down for a reason. Most of our healing and cellular rebuilding takes place during our sleep.

I have SO much energy it's crazy but I'm taking all kinds of stuff, I should be glowing like a Christmas tree! LOL and I am!

Thanks - i guess i should just listen to my body and rest so that I can glow like you!!

@ hair hustla & LD - i did add the spirulina to my regime - but maybe i need to up the dosage some. i've been walking, but maybe the turbo jam i just bought will give me that extra hummph!! we'll see... i'm not giving up on chlorella, nope- it's just been too good to me. I'm sure it's doing something inside my body that needs to be done.

i'm so tired b/c the chlorella has wrapped me in a cocoon and when i come out, I will be a beautiful butterfly, renewed &vibrant! lol.

til next time- happy chlorella-ing!!

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Thanks - i guess i should just listen to my body and rest so that I can glow like you!!

@ hair hustla & LD - i did add the spirulina to my regime - but maybe i need to up the dosage some. i've been walking, but maybe the turbo jam i just bought will give me that extra hummph!! we'll see... i'm not giving up on chlorella, nope- it's just been too good to me. I'm sure it's doing something inside my body that needs to be done.

i'm so tired b/c the chlorella has wrapped me in a cocoon and when i come out, I will be a beautiful butterfly, renewed &vibrant! lol.

Sleep is a very good thing my dear. When I get tired, I go for mines. Since I've been on the super foods since the first of the year, my energy is soaring and I don't have those times where I just had to have naps like before. That's pretty amazing actually and good because my life is requiring me to go have a lot of stamina right now to maintain success.

Ladybelle

Sleep is a very good thing my dear. When I get tired, I go for mines. Since I've been on the super foods since the first of the year, my energy is soaring and I don't have those times where I just had to have naps like before. That's pretty amazing actually and good because my life is requiring me to go have a lot of stamina right now to maintain success.

Do you remember how long it was before you didn't have to have naps anymore?? It's only been two weeks but I'm like okay-- time for the energy! I like to sleep and all and I try to get my eight hours but i want to not be so tired all the time, it's reminds me of when i was pregnant... just a constant need to sleep. I will honor my bodies request (the best i can anyway) but will be glad when this phase is over.

HairHustla

Update hair is still growing like a weed...seems to be a little faster than last month but I'm in braids so I'm just estimating. My stretchmarks on my belly are getting waaay fainter so I'm psyched about that!:yay:

Weight wise, I only lost a pound this week so far but I'm not mad at chlorella! It's taken me from over 160 to the 140's in less than two months so I'm all grins about that.:grin: Besides I've been on spring break and pretty sedentary this week (no exercise...). I'm in the master's program here, but I still am working over the break as I definitely need to make money. I decided I needed a break from something so I decided I wouldn't exercise this week.

Skin looks really silky and I'm looking seventeen/eighteenish now (lol as I'm almost thirty. I always looked young but not THIS young). I went into a restaurant that cards at the door (they have a live salsa band, mexican food, and stuff and alcohol which I don't drink anyways, but still...)and they CARDED me. I even got carded when I tried to get a lottery scratch off card because I was in a what the hey! mood. That was the BEST.

First of all, did you say you were in the master's program? Go on girl, get your papers!!!! :grin: Next, if you are getting carded, that is fantastic! I see that you are doing well all the way around sista!!! I sure hope I can get that kind of weight loss with CHL and SPRL too because my husband is driving me crazy about losing weight...I think he fantasizes about my "new" body since he is deployed! :rolleyes:

HairHustla

AMEN girl, its just METAMORPHISIS right now, you are gonna take flight any day now. Press on through, I am right there with you. Take those naps when you need to then get on up and get moving..that is my solution as of right now and it is working so far.

HairHustla

Do you remember how long it was before you didn't have to have naps anymore?? It's only been two weeks but I'm like okay-- time for the energy! I like to sleep and all and I try to get my eight hours but i want to not be so tired all the time, it's reminds me of when i was pregnant... just a constant need to sleep. I will honor my bodies request (the best i can anyway) but will be glad when this phase is over.

It is interesting because I am hitting the 2 week mark too and I am experiencing the same things as you, maybe we are chlorella twins. I just go to work, get through the day and come home, take a quick nap, get up and do what I need to do then exercise then snap out of it and go to bed. Hang in there girl. It's gonna be ok. :yep:

luckiestdestiny

First of all, did you say you were in the master's program? Go on girl, get your papers!!!! :grin: Next, if you are getting carded, that is fantastic! I see that you are doing well all the way around sista!!! I sure hope I can get that kind of weight loss with CHL and SPRL too because my husband is driving me crazy about losing weight...I think he fantasizes about my "new" body since he is deployed! :rolleyes:
YEAH...I'm a little older than the average student but I'm not going to let that stop me. I actually hope to get my phd one day...we'll see. Thanks I'm going for the papers! I had to laugh so hard at the guy carding me cause I knew he HAD to be kidding!:grin: Guess not.

To underlined:
I'm sure it'll kick things up for you too. I notice others are also enjoying the weight loss benefits. I just keep chugging along to my goals.
I noticed earlier you were saying you drop a couple pounds a week, well in two months that'll be 16 more and then you'll be dancing around too!

tnorenberg

I have been following this thread for some time now. I am glad to join finally. I just ordered the Jarrow Yaemama chlorella yesterday..the 925 CGF one. I want to get my kids started on it at a low dose. Since it is a powder I am looking at the different ways to make it tasty for them.

OK, so I got the 1 kg powder Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella today...disappointed. The supplement Facts they have listed on the Vita Cost web site is totally incorrect..especially the CGF. The serving size is only 2g (1/2 tsp) andthe CGF only 240mg :blush: Even if you doubled the serving size you still wouldn't get the 950mg (correction) that they claim online. I am so upset because now I have to reorder.:angry2: So don't getsucked in by the advertised 950mg CGF it's a BIG FAT LIE !! The Source Naturals one seems to truely be the better one.

luckiestdestiny

This is a great way to look at things!

OK, so I got the 1 kg powder Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella today...disappointed. The supplement Facts they have listed on the Vita Cost web site is totally incorrect..especially the CGF. The serving size is only 2g (1/2 tsp) andthe CGF only 240mg :blush: Even if you doubled the serving size you still wouldn't get the 950mg (correction) that they claim online. I am so upset because now I have to reorder.:angry2: So don't getsucked in by the advertised 950mg CGF it's a BIG FAT LIE !! The Source Naturals one seems to truely be the better one.

Oh man! Sorry to hear that, maybe you can send it bk? I didn't know. ;(

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Hey ladies! I finally got around to buying this. I got Kyo Chlorella from GNC today, is anyone else using this brand? I'm going to start taking them tomorrow.

YEAH...I'm a little older than the average student but I'm not going to let that stop me. I actually hope to get my phd one day...we'll see. Thanks I'm going for the papers! I had to laugh so hard at the guy carding me cause I knew he HAD to be kidding!:grin: Guess not.

To underlined:
I'm sure it'll kick things up for you too. I notice others are also enjoying the weight loss benefits. I just keep chugging along to my goals.
I noticed earlier you were saying you drop a couple pounds a week, well in two months that'll be 16 more and then you'll be dancing around too!

He wasn't kidding. Two 21 yr old guys thought I was 19 this weekend. A 25 yr old woman at work told me she thought I was 20 today. I am 29 next week and never past for younger than 26 before.

One other thing. I stretched and measured my new growth today (21 days post relaxer) and its a 1/2 inch. This is a lot for me at 3 weeks. I am grateful for the growth increase, but I wonder if my growth rate will continue to increase.