Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

I'm grateful:

- that my hair is growing and retaining very quickly
- that my hair is thick and getting thicker
- that it is very easy to handle
- that I learnt to appreciate my own hair and texture
- that it's pretty low maintenance

I'm grateful...

*for my hair in general-especially its health, length, texture, and thickness
*that my hair is low-maintenance
*that I have an above-average growth rate
*that I can throw my hair in a messy bun and still have it look gawjus
*people ask me about hair products and hair care b/c they can see mine is well taken care of and growing
*that I dont necessarily HAVE to use weaves or wigs to grow my hair (no slight or offense to those who do)
*for what I've learned from LHCF and online about hair care
*for having been able to achieve each hair-related goal I've set for myself.

Last edited:
I'm gratefully that...
-my hair still love me even when I forget to DC ..weeks at a time
-my hair makes me stand out
-my friends and family accept my natural decisions ...and put up with my henna messes
-my hair is Thick
-i now know how to take care of my hair
-im obsessed with the health of my hair instead of trendy styles
-my SO likes my curly hair more than when I straighten it
-my hair adapts well to heated situations ...aka Dominican Blowouts.
-my hair is so shiny all the dang time

I was in walgreens yesterday and they had main and tail conditioner and shampoo on sale for 2.99 and I have never used this conditioner before so I decided to try it. I know it has protein in it but i wanted it anyway. i will just watch my hair to make sure I am not over doing it.
I let my hair out yesterday because I missed my curls but they are back in the bantu knots.

I am grateful for:
my current length (longest ever :grin: );
my healthy scalp;
my edges and nape that have thickened up since starting my hhj; and
lhcf.

Whoa nice responses, ladies! :grin:

I'm grateful that I'm able to finally do the hair flip and have my hair look tousled and flowy instead of messed up and stiff.

Im still hanging in here, Ive only used direct heat once (I guess you can say twice, I blow dried then flat ironed) this year. Im thinking about getting a weave. Ive been working out alot and wearing my hair out is becoming a hassle.

What did I miss?

Ok I'm grateful for this forum & you ladies for sharing & caring on this hair journey.

I'm getting my first relaxer of 2013 on Tuesday. Can't wait to see how close I am to HL!

I am grateful that my hair co-operated with me in the past 30 days and grew about an inch!!! I need my ends trimmed BADLY, but I am still grateful that it complied with my request! :grin:

I am sure that conrows will be a staple for me for the next 18 months or so. Between school (goal of 3 degrees in 3 years), my business and my children with ailments, this is easy for me to maintain on a daily basis.

Attachments

• hairfitness02172013.jpg
    hairfitness02172013.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 40
  • hairfitness03162013.jpg
    hairfitness03162013.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 62

Aireen

I'm definitely inspired by your suggestion. Here goes :grin:

I'm grateful:

that my hair, although the growth rate is considered "average", hasn't faced any setbacks in this entire 5 year journey to cause me to lose what I have gained :yep:

that my hair pretty much likes whatever I put in it - being a product junkie, it gets a lot of experimentation, but I'd like to call it giving my hair attention.

that my sister had my niece get her hair flat ironed in early August 2007. School was starting and Kelsie was beginning kindergarten. I had no idea her hair was sooo long. That day I decided to transition because I wanted the long, thick and healthy natural hair. In December 2007, I chopped it all off - a spur-of-the-moment decision I made shortly after my father passed away. I wished I had chopped it off when he was undergoing chemo.

for my hair allowing me to start over 5 years ago and to get this healthy hair thing right this millionth time around.

for Nikki at Regis Salon who told me straight up and to the point that my ends were jacked up and that I should know better :lol: Thank God for honest hair stylists! This definitely got my attention.

that I tried Carol's Daughter back in August 2007 as my first hair care line when I decided to transition to natural. My relaxed hair loved it as well as my natural hair. Although I may not use you exclusively anymore, you still have a place in my heart and still work fantastically!

for protective hair styles and search and destroy sessions. I don't care what anyone says, it's a stress reliever to put on some Golden Girls and proceed to trim.

that the sore part at the front of my head as well as both sides of my head no long feel tender to the touch. I guess after many years of getting relaxers, scalp damage occurred. Those areas of my hair are thriving now! Sorry, Otis Redding. I tried a "little tenderness" and it was no bueno :nono:

for Wanakee and Lonnie Brittenum Bonner (author of "Good Hair") who provided the info 20 years ago when I was between the ages of 11 (before I got my first relaxer) and 15 (when I began contemplating growing out my relaxer and going back to a press and curl). I remember sending for the Practical Guide to Haircare and checking out and re-checking LBB's hard back copy of "Good Hair" from the library for pretty much the whole summer of '92. I learned all about protective styles, moisturizing, and sealing ends but did not apply any of these methods until my journey began 5 years ago.

I am thankful for my healthy, thick, long hair.
I'm thankful that my hair grows super fast.
I'm thankful for my curls, and my hair's versatility.
I'm thankful for my (soon2be) HL hair.

Can I join too?!!!?!?!
- Current length + hair type - My hair Type, Im not sure 3C or 4 A. My current length is BSL.

- Regimen-My regimine will be, to wear a u-part wig, and wash my hair once a month, with aphogree 2 step protein treatment, and deep condition with nutregena triple moisture deep conditioner. And use olive oil in my hair while wet to moisturize.
Low Manipulation and I only get a heat pass once every 3 months to see how my hair is growing.

- Plans to get to HL
Low Manipulation with U-Part wig, and monthly protein treatments and keeping it moisturized.
- HL goal date
December 2014. :lick:

- Plans once HL is achieved
Play with different updos, buns and braid styles. And help my mom and little sister grow their hair to waist length.:yep:

Here's my starting picture!

5w0909.jpg

Last edited:

well I am still rocking the bantu knots with no problem and I always have problems wearing protective styles because I always want to wear wash n gos. I spray and oil and shea butter my hair every night.

It's official, my new growth has arrived. It's getting that thin feeling at the ends and heavy feeling at the roots, basically it's like that bit of shrinkage that relaxed girls get when it's coming to the time that they need to relax. Gonna hold out until at least June though, I can do it! :grin:

Have you ladies been keeping up with your water intake? I haven't, I've been TERRIBLE.

I wish i could join. been lurking around since 2006 and finally did the subscription. I always wanted to take part in these challenge thingies. Ill be watching from the side lines since its to late to join *---*. good luck guys!!:yep:

IMG_3531.JPG
current:
BSL
goal: HL (someday??)

I wish i could join. been lurking around since 2006 and finally did the subscription. I always wanted to take part in these challenge thingies. Ill be watching from the side lines since its to late to join *---*. good luck guys!!:yep:

View attachment 200153
current:
BSL
goal: HL (someday??)
Not too late to join, this challenge has no cut offs, grenadiancooliex3. Want me to add you to the list?

Inching my way to HL! 1 inch closer now. So I'm 5 inches away. I still plan on trimming 4-5 inches total so I need 2014 to get there.

Attachments

• image-2408012031.jpg
    image-2408012031.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 112
Back