Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

trclemons

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

Going to be 2 months post on the 11th of this month, wow time is FLYING. How many months post are you relaxed/texlaxed challengers? How long are you stretching?
I will be 3 months post on the 8th of this month. I just started my HHJ in January and I'm so focused on nursing my hair back to health that I'm scared to even think about relaxing right now. But I'm pretty sure it won't be before June.

Aireen

I will be 3 months post on the 8th of this month. I just started my HHJ in January and I'm so focused on nursing my hair back to health that I'm scared to even think about relaxing right now. But I'm pretty sure it won't be before June.
Oh then I'm pretty sure you will love stretching. I mean... don't stretch for too long if your hair can't handle it but a break from relaxers definitely helps its health. By the time you get your relaxer around June, your hair should be improved by a lot.

mayoo

What I learned about my hair this week:
Lately, I’ve noticed that the middle of my head has been very sore and my hair had been breaking there. I didn’t understand why because I always have a high bun in the middle so it really shouldn’t be breaking there. Little did I know that I was securing my bobby pins too tightly into my scalp :/ I’ve stopped now though and now push them in and UP instead of in and DOWN into my scalp.

sharifeh

Going to be 2 months post on the 11th of this month, wow time is FLYING. How many months post are you relaxed/texlaxed challengers? How long are you stretching?

im about 2 months post . one of my new years resolutions is not to stretch so long anymore, because my hair is so dense I think it sets me back , it's very hard for anyone to get through. My hair is a jungle, hopefully I will relax in the next two weeks or so

Angel of the North

I'm 2 months/13 weeks post next touch up is in 2 weeks, I'm looking forward to it.

Today was wash day, NG is wild and misbehaving, the shrinkage is also making me look between SL and APL :perplexed :ohwell:

Channy31

My hair strands are being odd, they arnt really stretching and then snapping.
Last weekend I had a cheer compeititon which means sweat and a lot of hairspray and heat. Could that have something to do with it?
what is it?

the elasicity just seems.. off

Angel of the North

My hair strands are being odd, they arnt really stretching and then snapping.
Last weekend I had a cheer compeititon which means sweat and a lot of hairspray and heat. Could that have something to do with it?
what is it?

the elasicity just seems.. off

MixedGirl Sounds like a moisture/protein imbalance , I think that it could be protein overload, what products have you been using and what are their ingredients?

Channy31

MixedGirl Sounds like a moisture/protein imbalance , I think that it could be protein overload, what products have you been using and what are their ingredients?

Oh gosh I hope its not protein overload. I have been using organix coconut milk serum which is full of protein. What do you recommend I do if it is protein overload?

Angel of the North

Oh gosh I hope its not protein overload. I have been using organix coconut milk serum which is full of protein. What do you recommend I do if it is protein overload?

MixedGirl I recommend protein-free moisture DC maybe 2-3 times a week until you get the moisture back, moisturise and seal regularly and keep doing the strand test (the one you did when you pulled your shed hair) to make sure you don't go into moisture overload and end up with mushy/too stretchy hair. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Is your hair usually sensitive to protein? It could be a particular type of protein that doesn't agree with your hair. If you have the time, check your other protein products against the Organix serum and see if there is a protein ingredient that is not in the other products you use, that may help you to find the culprit.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched

Aireen, Not sure how I missed this challenge but I'd like to join please since hip length is my ultimate goal. I think that by Dec. 31, 2014, I should be at HL or pretty darn close.

Current length and hair type: APL/ Natural 4A

Regimen: Wash and DC 1x a week or every 2 weeks. Moisturise daily and PS. Very low manipulation, detangling every 1 or 2 weeks. Protein treat when needed. Lightly oil scalp with castor oil 2 or 3 times a week.

Plans to get to HL: I'll just follow my current regimen. No slacking off on the moisture.

Plans once HL is achieved: Maintain the length

Last edited:

Aireen

If I miss any new members that want to join, please mention me!

nakialovesshoes

Aireen

Current length and hair type: APL/ Natural 4A

Regimen: I have my hair cornrowed in a beehive & it will stay that way until I'm WL. I usually CW/cleanse my scalp once a week w/SM purification masque & DC once a week. I'm using up some stuff right now but my staple for DCs will probably be AOHR. I use KBB LI, Oyin J&B, SM Coconut & Hibiscus Moisture Mist, KBB Hydrating cream & Qhemet's Burdock Root cream for moisture. I usually moisturize a couple times per week & I also baggy overnight when I apply my growth aid. I'm using GroAut but I will also be using NJoy's growth potion.

Also when I take my cornrows down every 2 months, I will be doing a mud detox with Terressentials as well as a hendigo treatment.

Plans to get to HL: Hardcore PSing & no flat irons.

Plans once HL is achieved: I plan to grow toTBL to see if I like it & if its manageable for me. If so that's where I'll maintain. If not I'll cut back to a more enjoyable length.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Aireen

mention me I don't think you have me.

Plans once HL is achieved: I plan to grow toTBL to see if I like it & if its manageable for me. If so that's where I'll maintain. If not I'll cut back to a more enjoyable length.

Both of you are added. Sorry about that Shadiyah, not sure if I completely missed you this whole time or accidently deleted your name. I think it was the latter, my mistake though.

Aireen

Washed my hair today. I HAVE to stop this rushing thing... my hair came out nicely but I like to let my hair soak in conditioner these days. I'm thinking of doing the old fashioned steam treatment next weekend -- just boil a pot over the stove and let it steam my face + hair at once.

The new Organix line came to CANADAAAAAAA. I bought the Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil conditioner, smells like the Awapuhi line which I ADORE.

sharifeh

Aireen said:
Washed my hair today. I HAVE to stop this rushing thing... my hair came out nicely but I like to let my hair soak in conditioner these days. I'm thinking of doing the old fashioned steam treatment next weekend -- just boil a pot over the stove and let it steam my face + hair at once.

The new Organix line came to CANADAAAAAAA. I bought the Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil conditioner, smells like the Awapuhi line which I ADORE.

Aireen

How exactly does the Pot steamer thing work? I see how you can steam your face but how do you do your hair?

sharifeh

I love air drying my roller sets I feel I get softer results. The roots are super poofy but oh well. I'm trying to make this set last as long as possible. I really want lower manipulation.

I moisturize my scalp with Jane carter,

My hair also seems to really like the aveda damage remedy line but I don't want to repurchase it, it's so expensive .

Jewell

Im like 18 wks post, with plans to stretch to 26 weeks, but my ng is pretty long n thick, so I may cut the stretch off at about 20-22 wks. Just bunning or wearing my hair twisted up in the back and secured with a clip.

MixedGirl I just bought some Organix Coconut Milk Serum last night. I love the scent and consistency. Not too heavy on my hair like some serums. Im thinking the heat n hairspray mightve affected your elasticity. I agree, more moisture is likely needed for now.

Last edited:

mayoo

Banding until tomorrow Then I'm gonna try Teyona Paris' Award Show hairstyle for the week

Attachments

• FxCam_1362859552023.jpg
    FxCam_1362859552023.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 67

bebezazueta

I'll be 12 weeks post on Tuesday. I'm relaxing the following Tuesday on week 13. Braided ponies & braid outs with my beloved scurl are getting me through

Angel of the North

I did an Aphogee 2-step treatment to prepare my hair for my TU next week, I'm 14 weeks post and I'm ending the stretch at 14 and a half weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing how my ends have held up as I have been making an effort to keep them moisturised and sealed.

I'll take pics but I will be using them for the first length check so I won't post them until then. I've cut out heat so I only straighten on relaxer days (3 x a year), they pretty much coincide with the length check dates.

Shadiyah

I just added aloe vera juice with olive oil and coconut oil on my hair and sprayed it with the aloe vera conditioner and argan oil mixture and put my hair back in the 3 bantu knots I have been keeping it in.

mayoo

My hairstyle that is now gone now :grin:

In other words, my knock-off curlformers from ebay arrived:grin:

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 76
  • FxCam_1363181437332.jpg
    FxCam_1363181437332.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 42

Aireen

Totally forgot about doing my own makeshift steam treatment for my face and hair. Guess I'll do it next time.

Officially 2 months post relaxer and I can feel it... :look:

Aireen

Okay guys, let's play a game to get this thread moving. What are some of the things you're grateful for concerning your hair? They can be considered advantages for getting to HL. Ultimately, I want positive vibes flowing so steer away from words like "can't", "won't", "don't", "but", "I wish it did", etc. If you forget stuff, just make a new post, it'll keep the thread moving and I'm curious as to what your initial responses are.

I'll start. I'm grateful...

- that my hair is easy to handle
- that I rarely have bad hair days unless I do something foolish
- my hair can be tamed
- that it doesn't require constant upkeep and care
- that I don't rely on any type of method to retain length which can be tedious
- that others notice my hair's beauty
- that my hair grows and will continue to grow

Your turn, ladies. :grin:

ChocolatePie777

I did a quick grab and pull this morning while doing my hair and I was surprised to see that it goes to under my nipple now.. like that was fast!.....but I still feel bald headed and like my hair ain't growing!

jesusislove1526

I'm grateful
-for my curls
-for my hair's versatility
-that my hair is growing
-that others look to me for hair care advice because they can see that my hair is thriving
-that I don't have to do a lot to my hair to show its beauty
-that I am natural