Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

Have you ladies been keeping up with your water intake? I haven't, I've been TERRIBLE.
Me too.
***slurps on Coke***

I'm going to go back to filling my water bottle at the beginning of the day and nursing it. It's been the only way that has worked for me.

Used my one year heat pass today. Omly used heat with the flat iron, my sister can work magic with a blow dryer on the cool setting. Thanks to no heat, mn, and bunning since December im getting way better retention then I was when I didnt this time last year. Closing in on MBL !

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130322_191428.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130322_191428.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 122
Used my one year heat pass today. Omly used heat with the flat iron, my sister can work magic with a blow dryer on the cool setting. Thanks to no heat, mn, and bunning since December im getting way better retention then I was when I didnt this time last year. Closing in on MBL !

Opps forgot the actual length check

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130322_191538.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130322_191538.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 130

Tried AOWC for the first time today. Loved it! My hair feels soft and moisturised :)
I think I'm going to make it a staple :)
Waaaayyyy better than AO HSR which did asbolutely nothing for me:/

Tried AOWC for the first time today. Loved it! My hair feels soft and moisturised :)
I think I'm going to make it a staple :)
Waaaayyyy better than AO HSR which did asbolutely nothing for me:/

For some reason The AOWC did nothing for me and I couldn't deal with the smell, it lasted for days, I bought it because of all the raves :lol: AOHSR on the other hand is one of my fav conditioners, I even love the way it smells. I'm glad you found a staple :yep:

Can I still join?...I hope so :yep:

- Current length + hair type:

Texlaxed, Type 4, Fine Strands, Normal to High Porosity and a high density.

- Regimen:

Colder Months-
~Weekly~

Prepoo
Shampoo
Reconstructive Treatment (When needed, usually every other week)
DC w/ steam using a Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
Air dry using banding method

Hotter Months: Curly Girl Method exclusively

~Weekly~
Prepoo w/ oil
Wash with a Cleansing Conditioner
Do a Reconconstructive treatment (when needed, usually twice a month)
DC w/ a Moisturizing Deep Conditioner

Cowash one to two times a week using conditioner/oil/herb mixture.

~Everyday~

Moisturize and seal using a modified LOC method, LCOB/P (Liquid cream oil butter and/or pomade)

-Plans to get to HL

Protect my ends the best I can to up my length retention :).

- HL goal date

Reaching for the stars here: May 30th, 2014 :pray:

- Plans once HL is achieved

Act BRAND STANKIN' NEW! :lachen:......Just kidding, however I do plan to start getting super creative with styles. Some two strand twist, ALOT of braidouts, some more bantu knots, a couple twist outs, and a WHOLE LOTTA' big lavish buns :lick:. I can't wait!

For some reason The AOWC did nothing for me and I couldn't deal with the smell, it lasted for days, I bought it because of all the raves :lol: AOHSR on the other hand is one of my fav conditioners, I even love the way it smells. I'm glad you found a staple :yep:

Angel of the North :grin:I know what you mean about the smell. It kinda smells like Indigo to me.....

Starting on my water grind today. Gonna get my skin and hair looking right. :grin:

I am knotting my way to HL... I have been using the LOC method and taking supplements.

I am taking Alive Once Daily for Women 50+ 300mg Bamboo Extract I also ordered NuHair to block DHT since I am in menopause and my growth has slowed down a whole lot.

I co wash about every 3 days and I will wear my hair curly that day but then put it back into the bantu knots.

Current length + hair type
Bsl-ish 4a/4b
- Regimen
No Heat, DC once a week, MN every other day and clarify once a month. Heat only when doing Bottox capilar every few months. Trying to get in those raw greens but recent ecoli new reports got me spooked lol
- HL goal date jan 1 2013
- Plans once HL is achieved
[/B][/B]

TO wear those long braids down my back.
accidentally sit on my hair XD. Large buns and to wear my hair like princess jasmine. I know, i know but wasnt it every little girls dream?
:yep:

:: trying to motivate self:: WOO HOO lets gooo!

Deep conditioning my hair on Friday or Saturday in order to have my hair look good for Easter dinner on Sunday. :grin:

Aireen I would like to join! I'm aiming for 12/2014.

Stats:
Natural
My hair is MBL (not full though)
I wear WNG, twistouts, and buns.
My regimen includes weekly DC's, and monthly rhassoul treatments.
I straighten about 2-3 times per year.

My plan is to take in lots of water, exercise regularly, and dust more often to keep my ends in good shape.

well my NuHair came and I have been taking it for a few days and so far so good. I have also ordered Njoy's oil so that will be added to my regi. I will keep you all updated.

oh and I did a real good trim a few nights ago and took my time and touch every strand. So I think I am above BSL now. but this is good to see if my protecting my ends is going to make a big difference for me.

Last edited:

Here is my check-in for March. I'm slowly inching my way on down. :) ETA on 12/27/13: I removed this photo because it was not the best representation of my length at the time. I did it on super dry hair that needed to be washed :nono: and my editing software lengthened the shot and I didn't know how to change it back. It made everything in the pic look longer and I didn't realize until later in the year when I was looking back and comparing pics.

Last edited:

My hair looked really nice for Easter! I almost got scared because I thought my hair looked thin but when I looked again it was fine, I guess it was that bit of shrinkage from being almost 3 months post that made my hair look weird. Any other relaxed ladies or previously relaxed ladies ever experience hair shrinking a bit when their new growth started showing up?

Did a random length check yesterday... but as you guys can see, this fool was wearing the wrong type of clothing smh. Can't see anything.
gonna re-do it in a couple of days :)

Attachments

• IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 100

^^^^^^^^ Nice length checks. You ladies are on your way!
Checking in:

I did a dc with Shescenit Avocado on Wednesday night and then left it in while I went and worked out the next morning. Came home and rinsed it out then oil rinsed and did a WNG. My hair feels awesome. I 'll do a rhassoul treatment mid-month I think.
I've been doing well with my water intake and exercise. I've even been keeping up with my vitamins.

My length check for this check in. Just grazing BSL but it still feels that I'm still CBL/APL. Doesn't help that each time I get it straightened it poofs up to that length. Also I need to find a better shirt to do length checks with and stop switching bras as it's hard to see consistent results. I do know though from my hair color mishap i grow about 1/4 inch each month but hopefully I'll get a summer growth spurt that everyone talks about.

FHq1SRt.jpg

It's curled b/c I don't like the bone straight look, but here is my check in ;)

Attachments

• image-2633015679.jpg
    image-2633015679.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 93

Love these length checks. :yep: Keep them coming ladies!

Here's my check-in. I think I've made good progress since December, although I probably need my ends dusted.

khuEI2o.jpg

Loving the updates, ladies! I'll be posting mine next relaxer.

Last edited:

My length check pictures from March 31st. I'm about 3 inches away from WL. I am also slowly but surely growing out my color.

Attachments

• 3-31-13--Length Check Collage.jpg
    3-31-13--Length Check Collage.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 106
Box braids, anyone?

I finally sat down for a whole day and did these box braids (no extensions).
Hope to have them in for about a month :)
Will continue to CW twice a week :) and moisturize every-day

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 71

I can't wait to hit MBL. Been in a upart wig, turned sew in for the past 3 weeks. Im gona leave it in as long as possible and DC my hair weekly. Thank the lord for PS.

I've been wearing my hair up lately. I love my WNGs, but it's easier for my workouts if my hair is out of the way. I bought a new blow dryer and once it gets hair I plan to straighten, trim, and post a length check.

Back