Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Jewell

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

Did a henna application using Nupur 9 Herbs, Reshma Black Henna, Brahmi powder, honey, black tea, and coffee. Left on for 6 hrs, rinsed, and applied Redken All Soft conditioner followed by a light leave-in of Suave Thick & Full cond. mixed with Joico Moisture Recovery cond.

Let that steam under a cap for 10 mins, then applied some Mane N Tail conditioner/texturizer plus Matrix Biolage hydrating cond, sealed ends with indian hemp pomade and air-dried. Hair is black, lustrous, soft, and smooth, yet it also appears and feels thicker from the henna. Will be doing this henna & ayurvedic powder trx once very couple of wks. Definitely closing in on WHIP. Excited abt my henna results.

First time Ive used pure henna and not some henna-compunded dye...its a keeper for life! The wait time and messiness kept me from using it before now, but it was easier than I expected.

Last edited:

Aireen

Scalp and hair feel great! :grin: Next wash I'm going to use the Nizoral again just as a preventative measure.

Last edited:

Channy31

MixedGirl Just some cheap extra long and wide ones from a seller on ebay. :grin:

How did they work out fot you???

Do you like them?

I did like them but it don't like the curls they created, they made my hair look too short. But I used to use them to stretch my hair before straightening, although they are horrible to sleep on tbh.

What are you planing in using yours for?

D.Lisha

UPDATE: Here is finally a picture update! I should've taken this yesterday when my hair was completely straight instead of wavy but whatever. I'm BSB in these pictures but didn't really want to stretch my hair out to show the length lol. Next time I'll take pictures when my hair is freshly blow-dried.

Bea-YOU-tiful!
You go hair buddy, way to bounce back!!! :grin:

mayoo

Just used a water + conditioner mix spritz (instead of just water) on my hair with some EVOO... Felt great while I was doing it :grin: but I'll see what it looks like in the morning...

bebezazueta

I am on a mission to work on thickening my nape up. The front & middle sections of my big head has hair that is thick & uniform from root to tip. I'm going to continue to take care of the thick sections and massage JBCO on my scalp of my nape area. I'm also gonna do some aggressive trimming to that area too. I should have 5 inches left to HL but I'll definitely be cutting 5 inches too between now and Dec 2014. Excited! I believe in health before length.

kurlllz

Cowashed with TYC conditioner, conditioned with AOIN, used AOWC conditioner as my leave in and styled with SM curl & style milk and KCCC. Jojoba to seal. My hair feels nicely moisturized and happy. I did a quick lil length check....my hair seems to not grow for a few weeks and then have a boost of growth one week.

Aireen

I hate hate hate how my retouched edges turned out, they seem so rough and damaged looking. Ugh, gonna "fix" that this wash.

Aireen

Love how these days my friends are noticing my hair, commenting on how it looks nice or how it seems to grow fast. So motivating and surprising! :love3:

D.Lisha

Necessary Details :

- Current length + hair type:
Around BSB/STRONG APL :)lachen:) + Hair Type: Relaxed 4b

- Regimen
-Relax every 14-17weeks
-'Pre-poo once a week before every shampoo session
-D/C Twice a week
-Protein Treatment Once A Month
-M&S Nightly
-Trim Every 6 months

- Plans to get to HL
Sticking with my regimen (mentioned above)
-Utilizing Vivscal Vitamins
-Bee Mine Growth Serum on scalp every other night (this helps with my shedding and eczema scalp condition mainly)
-Protective Styling (either in wigs, sew-ins, or braids)

- HL goal date

December 31, 2014

- Plans once HL is achieved
I'm going to whip my hair back and forth, and I may even cut it into layers. *shrugs* We'll cross that bridge when we get there lol.

Starting Picture

praisedancer

I'm gonna step out on faith and join......

- Current length + hair type: APL, 4a with some 3c

- Regimen: wash every 4-6 weeks, dc with every wash. co wash once a week and braidouts throughout the week. If not wearing a braidout, I'll wear a flexirod set. Moisturize scalp and seal ends every other night.

- Plans to get to HL: continue to drink ample water, eat healthy, exercise, and take my vitamins

- HL goal date: whatever the appointed time is between now and Dec. 31 2014

- Plans once HL is achieved: hey, I've journeyed this far for HL hair, why not continue to see how far I can go.

mayoo

what I learned about my hair this week:

My hair doesn’t like to be ‘spritzed’. It isn’t a sufficient amount of water at all. Instead, it’s much more effective to rinse in the shower and fully saturate, before gently squeezing and then applying my leave-in.

Goodbye dry/crunchy ends!!!!!!! :grin:

Channy31

Feeling a bit 'meh' about my hair.
I'm not sure how much longer I really want my hair to grow now. I've been wearing it down more recently and I really like the length, but the maintenance is a huge issues. It takes such a long time to wash and style. I will continue to look after it but I almost feel like giving up monitoring its length so closely!
I just want to enjoy it!

Note that I am a straightened natural, so I always flat iron my hair. I really want to start experimenting with my truly natural hair but feel like I dont have the time.

Aireen

My hair is washed, styled and ready for the day. Got a chance to fix my edges too.

Aireen

Going to be 2 months post on the 11th of this month, wow time is FLYING. How many months post are you relaxed/texlaxed challengers? How long are you stretching?