Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Njoy....Question...have you ever tried detangling your hair with a slippery conditioner while soaking wet? Just wondering

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Yep. That's how I usually detangle. But, when my hair dreds up like that, trying to detangle in the shower takes a long time and I get frustrated and freak out when I see lots of hair accumulating in the hair catcher in my shower.

I think I'm going to tough it out and start transitioning, knowing that I'm going to lose some relaxed ends in the process. I think I have to focus on a strategy to keep my hair stretched to prevent this sort of tangling while looking presentable. Oh yeah, and reassess the products used.

ETA: But I hate the idea of having to flat iron natural hair to get it to hang. :perplexed

Last edited:

Cocoeuro

Yep. That's how I usually detangle. But, when my hair dreds up like that, trying to detangle in the shower takes a long time and I get frustrated and freak out when I see lots of hair accumulating in the hair catcher in my shower.

I think I'm going to tough it out and start transitioning, knowing that I'm going to lose some relaxed ends in the process. I think I have to focus on a strategy to keep my hair stretched to prevent this sort of tangling while looking presentable. Oh yeah, and reassess the products used.

ETA: But I hate the idea of having to flat iron natural hair to get it to hang. :perplexed

Ohhhh wow....when I was transitioning my daughter from a relaxer her relaxed hair was so fragile, it broke off at the crown from detangling, but it's all good she now as healthy mbl all natural hair......i'm natural and I stretch my hair by rollersetting then I do braid outs. Before I used to braid it wet and I was not retaining any length because it was breaking from the all the coils in the strand.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ohhhh wow....when I was transitioning my daughter from a relaxer her relaxed hair was so fragile, it broke off at the crown from detangling, but it's all good she now as healthy mbl all natural hair......i'm natural and I stretch my hair by rollersetting then I do braid outs. Before I used to braid it wet and I was not retaining any length because it was breaking from the all the coils in the strand.

Cocoeuro

What does this mean?

Cocoeuro

The part of your original quote that I bolded. You said "it was breaking from all the coils in the strand. Can you elaborate?

Ohhhh...i don't see any text bolded on my phone. Drying my hair in curly sets, caused the coils/curls/waves to intertwine with each other so whenever I would manipulate my hair (taking down or resetting my style) those strands that formed together would snap off. I used to hear the snapping and crackling, soooo not a good sound. And broken hairs would be everywhere

NikkiGirl

Hey, how is everyone doing with their hair? I haven't seen many posts in here in the last few days. My hair is seriously getting to me. :sad: I usually detangle once a week and it is taking longer and longer to detangle. It isn't matted or anything, but it tangles so easily. :spike: I am going to the gym tonight and when I get back I am going to try oil rinsing. Hopefullly that helps. Anyway, what is going on with you ladies and your hair? Updates :prettyplease::thankyou:.

Last edited:

BostonMaria

Hey, how is everyone doing with their hair? I haven't seen many posts in here in the last few days. My hair is seriously getting to me. :sad: I usually detangle once a week and it is taking longer and longer to detangle. It isn't matted or anything, but it tangles so easily. :spike: I am going to the gym tonight and when I get back I am going to try oil rinsing. Hopefullly that helps. Anyway, what is going on with you ladies and your hair? Updates :prettyplease::thankyou:.

NikkiGirl hang in there with the transitioning. Its not for the faint of heart! Maybe you need to change your conditioner to something with more slip.

My hair is ok. I was going to rollerset today, but its going to rain so I am not going to bother.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
NikkiGirl

I've been wondering why things were so quiet too. All's well on this end. I'm still in twists and just waiting on my steamer to show up. I'll probably cowash later this evening. IDK.

@NikkiGirl
It's the 2 diff textures maki hyoid hair tangle
O did sort of update in my fotki

Lucia
True. And speaking of texture. Wowee! Your hair is thiiiiick! Nice update.

mEmYSELFaNDj

I've just been protective styling and low manipulation styling for the past month. Its been going fine. I've been able to try out a few different styles and it's been fun. BUT I am dying to flat iron my hair, I want to straighten it so bad, which is dumb because I really only straighten to see progress and I know I dont have that much progress in just a month(since I last flat ironed). hahhaa

I have vowed to not flat iron my hair until I get a new flat iron, and I am intentionally waiting to purchase it, to keep myself from flat ironing before the end of the year. Another deterrent to keep myself from flat ironing is, I told myself the next time I flat iron I MUST cut my hair to even out my layers. And I am in no way, shape, or form ready to do that right now, so that is keeping me away from just picking up the flat iron I have at home and just straightening my hair now.

It's ashame that I'm over here making deals with myself about my hair. haha

Lucia

NikkiGirl

I've been wondering why things were so quiet too. All's well on this end. I'm still in twists and just waiting on my steamer to show up. I'll probably cowash later this evening. IDK.

Lucia
True. And speaking of texture. Wowee! Your hair is thiiiiick! Nice update.

Lucia, I agree with NJoy, you have beautiful thick hair!

Thanks ladies
I never thought my hair would get thicker but it never stops amazing me
You know some days I just can't deal with it so it's wet bun or ponytail or 2 braids
A freind of mine nicknamed my hair that hair cause its so thick girl u got that hair
Not my hair but that like it has a life of it's own. :lol:

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

DD gave me a scalp massage with JBC OIL and peppermint oil mix. It felt so good but now my scalp is itchy and tingling. I was actually just finger detangeling and wondering if I should do one last cowash before relaxing.

Sent from my Zio

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Good morning, Ladies. Well, it looks like my hair is touching the top of my hips. But, wet and layered the relaxed ends feel so pitiful. I know that it looks thicker when dried but, I'm really toying with the idea of trimmimg back 1.5 - 2 inches. Really I want to go ahead ad BC all the relaxed ends so that I can be done with the demarcation jazz. I'm so tired of being concerned about it. Plus, my daughter BC'd and is loving it. She says it changed her life. :yep:

I'm trying to hang on until the new year. Just hatng to see these pitiful ends. What say you?

constance

Really I want to go ahead ad BC all the relaxed ends so that I can be done with the demarcation jazz. I'm so tired of being concerned about it. Plus, my daughter BC'd and is loving it. She says it changed her life. :yep:

I'm trying to hang on until the new year. Just hatng to see these pitiful ends. What say you?

Congratulations on reaching HL, NJoy! I say wait until the end of the year to trim.

~You Da Truth~

Good morning, Ladies. Well, it looks like my hair is touching the top of my hips. But, wet and layered the relaxed ends feel so pitiful. I know that it looks thicker when dried but, I'm really toying with the idea of trimmimg back 1.5 - 2 inches. Really I want to go ahead ad BC all the relaxed ends so that I can be done with the demarcation jazz. I'm so tired of being concerned about it. Plus, my daughter BC'd and is loving it. She says it changed her life. :yep:

:woot: Congratulations!!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok so maybe I should leave my hair alone more. It seems like everytime I do something to it like cowash or detangle, I whine like a baby about how pitiful it looks. And then, when it dries, it looks oh so much better.

I am going to suck it up and keep growing, as planned, and do a trim at the beginning of the year.

I don't think I'll officially claim hip until I see it comfortably past the top of my hipbone. Who knows. Maybe I am a bit longer if I flat ironed it. But, we know I'm not going to do that...:look: (or will I. Muahahhahahah!!!).

One thing I know for sure is my ponytails (sporting 2 right now) look fabulous! :drunk:

I'm in the HYH challange and think I may go back to my 1/2 wigs to keep myself from pulling and checking my hair like I am (couldn't resist checking today to make sure I wasn't trippin).

I'm VERY excited and can't WAIT to see full HL by the end of this year. Hopefully I can continue to hold off using heat until my year end reveal. Oooooo! I'm so excited!!! :spinning:

MariposaSexyGirl

I'm doing okay I guess. This month has been so busy so my hair has been in a bun for like 3 weeks. I will update sometime soon although I don't think it will be that drastic since my last one.

NikkiGirl

Congrats @NJoy, I can't wait to see pics.

I am wearing my hair in braids. I originally braided it after detangling one night after the shower and put it in a pony and went to bed like that. However, I got up the next morning and thought "Hmm, wouldn't it be easy just to leave these in". Now, I will tell everyone I am not a braids girl. That is just me, but it is EASY. I tie it down and go the next morning. I am liking it. And it is preventing me from cutting right now. I am going to see where I am by year's end and then decide what to do from there. I have been protective styling for a long time and I am getting tired of it and want to enjoy my hair.

mEmYSELFaNDj

I need to put a weave in QUICK!! Otherwise I am guaranteed to flat iron soon. And I really want to wait until years end before I flat iron again. But OMG the flat iron is calling my name. And IDK why because I probably wont even wear it straight for a long time, probably only like a week. The only reason I havent done the weave already is, i am too darn tired and really dont feel like self installing my weave, doing the base braids is so time consuming, but I dont trust anybody else to do it.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Notice my siggy pic? I'm rocking a new PS. Creta Girl by FreeTress. Oh, you can tell me NOTHIN, honey. I feel Divalicious!!!

Time to get my wig collection up because I'm wigging it til the end of the year...mostly. :grin:

BostonMaria

Notice my siggy pic? I'm rocking a new PS. Creta Girl by FreeTress. Oh, you can tell me NOTHIN, honey. I feel Divalicious!!!

Time to get my wig collection up because I'm wigging it til the end of the year...mostly. :grin:

I love it!

Hope everyone is doing well. I just deep conditioned my hair and later on tonight I am going to rollerset. My hair has been up in a bun these past few days. Fall is around the corner and I'm looking forward to better hair days. The spring and summer does a number of my hair and it frizzes up like crazy. I am still on the fence on whether to BKT or not. Yes I've read and heard all of the warnings LOL and that's why I haven't done it yet.

Last edited:

Ms Lala

@Ms Lala Looks like you have a little over a month left before you baby is born. My hair didn't grow too much when I had my daughters. It seems as tho my growth spurt associated with being pregnant only happened when I had my son. Not sure why.

It's helpful to know it's not just me. I eat right and take my vitamins so I I know that's not the issue. However my hair has pretty much stopped shedding over the past month. It's actually kind of annoying because my hair is super thick at the roots now making it hard to comb.