Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

Janet'

It's so funny to see everyone else who signed up...Lol...I might be full BSL (which is the very beginning of MBL) and everyone else is either full MBL-WL...What can I say, I love a challenge!!!

Dee Raven

Count me in too please!

Current Length: MBL
Regimen: KISS, protective styling, you know the drill.
Plans: Avoid salons at ALL Cost.
Hip Length Date: I think I should be there by June.

Whimsy

OK GIRLS!!!

Questions for my challengers:

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010?
Are you in any other challenges?
What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010?

Welcome to all the new challengers and...Janet...stay positive and don't worry bout where everyone else is, you're gunna grow grow grow.

I predict that we will all meet our goals in 2011 and then I'll have to make a classic length challenge for 2012 for us to do! :)

LaFemmeNaturelle

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? Same ol same ol. Braidouts, buns, and ponies. I would like to start flat ironing once a month but I'm not going to do that until I get to my weight goal so it probably won't be until the new year.

Are you in any other challenges? I'm in the ceramides challenge which has done wonders for my hair, WL in '10, APL in '11 (in case I decide to chop in December 11), MBL '12 (natural hair), WL '12 (natural hair)

My number 1 goal is to get to WAIST LENGTH by December!!!

Last edited:

Janet'

^^^THANKS Whimsy :bighug:

I am currently in the following challenges: Curly til Xmas 2010, BSL 2010 (Acheived), MBL 2010, Fall Steaming Challenge, Hide Your Hair 2010

I plan on utilizing rollersets, wash and go's, and protective styles for the rest of the year...

Oh, I will use one heat pass for a wedding that I am in come October, but that's it!

Whimsy

I guess I should answer my own questions too:

protective styling mostly, and one week of straight hair in October as my heat pass, will start twisting again soon too. I may do a trim at the end of the year, I'll decide in October when I see how my ends look while straightened.

Curly til Christmas

GROW GROW GROW! RETAIN RETAIN RETAIN!
Hopefully grow to 3 inches past WL.

Spring

wash, condition and bun- relax in late Oct or early Nov- I might straigthen 1 more time before the end of the year.

...the ladies in the HL 2010 have welcomed me to hang out with them :), so I'm there reading, learning and cheering their progress

Improve the way I detangle, micro trim and comb less

Last edited:

Dee Raven

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? Just protective styling for me. I usually do twists.

Are you in any other challenges?I'm in the hide your hair challenge. I was in WL challenge until I had a setback and quit, but that still is the goal for this year.

What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010? WL

Summer79

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? Staying on track with cowashing and castor oil oh and keeping my hair stretched out...esp my ends. I hate SSK's!!

Are you in any other challenges? Spring/Summer cowash 2010, WL 2010, and Summer 2010 No Heat

What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010? Just keep it healthy and thick and maintain what I've grown to this point so far and whatever I grow in the future.

ChocoKitty

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? Mostly no heat until it gets too cold for wash n go. Then moving on blow dryer stretches here and there if necessary. I may straighten to check my length depending on my mood. I also want to return to hot oil treatments with castor and cod liver oil. In addition to adding egg yolk to my conditioner. I was seeing progress but got lazy... :ohwell:

Are you in any other challenges? None that I've stuck to... :nono:

Get back on a solid regimen to gain thickness with health.

RZILYNT

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? Same routine for the past few years, shampoo and condition every other day.

Are you in any other challenges? No

What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010? Minimal breakage.

Whimsy

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? Same routine for the past few years, shampoo and condition every other day.

Are you in any other challenges? No

What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010? Minimal breakage.

Welcome aboard
Some things you can share are:
Current Length:
Regimen:
Plans:
Hip Length Date:

Quailbird

Not sure if I want to be full hip length yet, but I'll join.
Current Length: MBL almost touching WL
Regimen: Wash and deep condition weekly. Black tea rinse every wash. PS/Low Manipulation about 95% of the time
Plans: Do what I've been doing because it seems to be working.
Hip Length Date: August 2011 (Just before I plan to leave for law school. If I don't make it, I won't sweat it).

Last edited:

kami11213

Mostly rollersets and buns.... my goal is to protective style at least 4 days out of the wk

No

To make full WL

Kurli-Q

Count me in!!!

Current Length: almost waist
Regimen: nothing really; my hair seems to do better when I leave it alone
Plans: continue doing nothing... (maybe attempt to henna once per quarter) Oh, and update fotki once per quarter
Hip Length Date: Dec 31 2011

standard puff, may probably do box braids for Christmas. Going to Trinidad!!!

erm, I think it is called No Heat til Christmas or Curly til Christmas

get into a rhythm with my hair

Last edited:

mEmYSELFaNDj

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? No heat. 100% Protective styling. DCing with steam 2x/wk religiously.

Are you in any other challenges? Too many. MT/MN 2010, MBL 2010, WL 2010, Fall 2010 Steaming Challenge. WL 2011.

What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010? Full WL by Dec 31st 2010.

dachsies_rule!

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? No direct heat and protective styling

Are you in any other challenges? WL 2010

What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010? Try to make WL by the end of the year!

brg240

I'd like to join :D

Current Length: WL *transitioning
Regimen: cowash weekly, clarify monthly, moisturize with conditioner, water & coconut oil mix and seal; use heat every couple of months; I wear buns generally and sometimes braidouts
Plans: be consistent with my hair care :look: I want to braid my hair and wear a wig honestly, it's bothersome dealing with two hair types. Exercise, eat healthy, and drink tons of water consistently.
Hip Length Date: Nov 2011

same thing, but I'm going to try to be consistent. I'll straighten for my bday in october (the week before will mark my 2 year transition date) and straighten in December probably. If I do end up buying a wig I'll probably wear my hair in a couple of braids underneath that for the most part.
WL 2010 but I never check in but I do browse the thread sometimes
I'd really like to touch hl this year. I've been saying it forever but I want to learn how to braid. my hair always get tangled when I try :(

Last edited:

RZILYNT

Welcome aboard
Some things you can share are:
Current Length:Between
Regimen:
Plans:
Hip Length Date:

Current Length:Between mbl and wl
Regimen:shampoo and condition every other day
Plans:continue with no heat
Hip Length Date: I will give it til Oct 11

Last edited:

tnorenberg

I was just thinking about this, so count me in.

Current Length: one inch from WSL ( I should just claim it right!)
Regimen: Co-washing, ceramides oils, light dusting
Plans: Protective styling such as buns, ponytails, updo's
Hip Length Date: December 2011 or slightly before

Spring

For those of us who would like to freshen up on our trimming skills, here's a video of Feye's trimming method for the U cut.... (I also posted this in the HL Challenge 2010 :))[video]http://sites.google.com/site/habioku/about-hair/self-trimming[/video]

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Count me in. Although I'm not quite sure I can handle hl. But if so, 2011 will be the year.

Current Length: mbl-ish (*sigh* layers)

Regimen: Daily cowash, DC 1-2x week, monthly clarify, baggied bunning, no heat.

Plans: Focusing on length until wl. Then trimming to get rid of layers.

Hip Length Date: *shrugs* Not sure due to the planned trimming. Please don't make me do calculations at this time in the morning. :nono:

What will you be doing with your hair for the rest of 2010? Same. Although, I've just started henna'g. Will continue to henna one week after each texlax.

Are you in any other challenges? Yes. Listed in my siggy.

What's your #1 Hair Goal for the rest of 2010? Length.

Whimsy

For those of us who would like to freshen up on our trimming skills, here's a video of Feye's trimming method for the U cut.... (I also posted this in the HL Challenge 2010 :))[video]http://sites.google.com/site/habioku/about-hair/self-trimming[/video]

I love this. and right on time too i have some splits that need to go. I'm just so scared....

Spring

Usually I'm extremely happy with my self trims, but I was careless in July and didn't straighten and wasn't careful with the positioning of my hands... wish I would have watched this as a reminder :perplexed (positioning of that ponytail holder or, in my case, the positioning of my hands is crucial)

Do you normally self trim or go to a stylist? Either way, you should be just fine :)

Spring

I was just thinking about this, so count me in.

Current Length: one inch from WSL ( I should just claim it right!)
Regimen: Co-washing, ceramides oils, light dusting
Plans: Protective styling such as buns, ponytails, updo's
Hip Length Date: December 2011 or slightly before

@tnorenberg,

could you post pics just to be sure :D :grin:

(I :love2: looking at pics)

Last edited:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I'm in!

Current Length: Full MBL (after trim)
Regimen: DC 1x a week on dry hair and moisturise as needed
Plans: Very low manipulation and plenty of moisture. I will also be oiling my scalp with coconut oil. I won't be trimming until I make goal. Lots of protective styling in the form of braid-outs, buns and updos. I actually enjoy my hair out now though.
HL Goal Date: Haven't really thought about it but I would say July 2011 for my birthday but Dec. 2011 will be just fine too!

Plans for the rest of 2010: Lots of moisture and babying and no combing or unnecessary manipulation, no heat either
Other challenges: In my siggy
#1 Hair goal for 2010: Full, thick WL by December 31, 2010

Last edited:

Mrs. Verde

I think it may be a long shot for me, but I will give it a go.

Current Length: Knocking on MBL's door
Regimen: Cowashing 5-6xs/week, baggying, and steaming once/week
Plans: My shrinkage is starting to hit my shoulders so I am going to step up the PS. Really make sure that I moisture and seal my ends. I'm working mega-tek back into regimen.
Hip Length Date: 12/31/2011

Last edited:

Quailbird

Bunning and protective styling, but mostly bunning (just created a bunning regimen that will work for me and I plan on following that 90% of the time for the rest of the year). I plan on flat ironing in December (haven't decided whether I'll do it myself or go to a stylist).

No. And this is my first challenge.

Reach WL