Help please! Crunchy rollerset

Me2

Ladies I need help! Please tell me there is something I can do for a crunchy rollerset. I just finished drying. My hair is still in rollers. I used Perm Repair Setting Lotion, water, and a little castor oil. TIA

LocksOfLuV

Cut out the setting lotion. Setting lotion can make the hair very crunchy.

I would add my leave in ( to wet, conditioned hair), then seal with serum.

And add water and/or serum to areas that need it while setting. When I did this my rollerset was the bomb!

shunta

As soon as I saw your thread title, I immediately knew that you used setting lotion. I hate setting lotion--diluted or not.:ohwell: I like my sets soft and bouncy so I opt for a nice leave-in and water for the bounciest set.:)

Gisselle

My hair can't tolerate setting lotion either. I would try Lacio Lacio or Salerm 21, and eliminate the setting lotion.

Miss*Tress

I used to get crunchy sets with Lottabody setting lotion. Even when my hair came out crisp, it was easy enough to comb out though. Now I dilute the setting lotion heavily and mix a bit of jojoba oil in there - shake well before use!

Lovelylocs

You dont need setting lotion. Just use the Salerm 21 leave-in conditioner and you can even add a teeny bit of Alter Ego's Energizing conditioner.

Me2

Thanks ladies. I was so disappointed. I'd planned to do the rollerset and put a thin headband on it. Some of it came out ok but mostly it looked like a birds nest. I need to get the rollers tighter too but with RA it's hard for me to get a good grip on does darn clips. I was posting pics in my fotki but I ran out of space. I will post once I figure out how to ask for more space.

Mom23

I don't like to use setting lotion either, you could try the setting foam. ORS is really good, and Elasta QP makes a good one as well. :)