crunchy brittle hair

ms.gafeney

PLEASE HELP! i am two days post relaxer my hair is crunchy, hard and breaking. i went to a stylist who said she was using affirm fibergaurd, but i think she used just an affirm relaxer:mad: ! how do i get rid of this crunchy dry mess...i'm scared to touch my hair:(

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm wondering if she got all yr relaxer out. I'm sorry this happened to you.:ohwell: Perhaps a deep conditioning may help w breakage. Some stylists are expert liars about what they put in yr hair, esp if u ask them too many questions and they want your $.:mad: I hope all turns out ok.

MizaniMami

It sounds like protein overload! If it were me, I would find the most moisturizing conditioner in my stash. I would deep condition with heat and a plastic cap for 30 minutes, or without heat for 2 hours.

Add a moisturizing leave-in and seal it with some oil.

Keep it moisturized everyday.

krissyprissy

I dont think she used fiberguard on your hair. I use fiberguard and I have never had a problem with brittleness. Did your stylist use a protien conditioner after rinsing your hair and put you under the dryer for deep condition? Sometimes they get lazy or overcrowded and try to skip steps and rush you out.

punchinella

krissyprissy said:
I dont think she used fiberguard on your hair. I use fiberguard and I have never had a problem with brittleness. Did your stylist use a protien conditioner after rinsing your hair and put you under the dryer for deep condition? Sometimes they get lazy or overcrowded and try to skip steps and rush you out.

Yeah that's what I'm asking too, because I know that she did not just put setting lotion and no conditioner :eek: Did she neutralize your hair good?

MrsBKJ

wash your hair with warm water and apply tonnes of conditioner, leave and then do a cond only wash...apply and oil...oh make sure your conditioner has no protein! and then put on a bag as to retain the moisture.
hth
keep us updated

ms.gafeney

ok ladies, here is the verdict... i think that the crunchy came from protien (good call MizaniMami)and the brittleness came from the spritz the stylist used(which is kryptonite to my hair:mad: ) i back tracked and remembered that i put profectiv healthy ends on my hair as a pre treatment and redken anti snap. i didn't realize that profectiv healthy ends has protien (wheat germ and keratin) it is ok to apply protien before a relaxer right?:perplexed but anyhoo, i haven't had that much breakage( i was just wiggin' out because my hair was soooo hard, i've never experienced that:eek: ) and after my co wash it is softer and shiny. it actually feels strong(goooo protien:D ) so i will continue with moisture, moisture, moisture. i used pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense to co-wash and aveda sapp moss conditioner as a deep conditoner and it made me wanna sing.... loooove, never knew what i was miss-ing, but i knew once i start rin-sing...:lol: :lol: :lol:
once again, thanks for all the advice girls

MizaniMami

Next time tell her to slap some conditioner in yo head. Even if it is for 10 minutes.

But it it were me I wouldn't go back. I can't believe she didn't condition you AFTER A RELAXER:cool: .