Dry rollerset

nicki23

I need some help with rollersetting dry hair. How do I get curls that last but are not hard or crunchy? Do you ladies use any kind of setting lotion or spritz? I would do a wet rollerset but my hair is so thick and it takes too long to dry under the hooded dryer. Thanks in advance.

itismehmmkay

Usually when I dry rollerset, it's to maintain a wet rollerset that was previously done. Now, I'm sure you can get a good rollerset w/o your hair saturated w/ water and/or a setting lotion, but you will need to at least dampen it for a stronger set.

Try coating each section to be rolled with some liquid leave-in mixed w/ setting lotion. Pay special attention to the end of your hair. Yeah... /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif try that! Whatever you do, don't coat your hair w/ too many moisturizers. That will make your curls fall quicker than expected.

SandySea

I have wet set and dry set my hair since elementary school. A wet set gives you a longer lasting curl. But a dry set can give you nice curl and body also. When I dry set, I tend to use smaller curlers than I use for a wet set. This is because the curl will fall faster without setting lotions. Also, I sometimes lightly spritz my dry set with a leave-in conditioner. Since you have thick hair, you may not want to do this because it may leave you a little frizzy. Good luck and don't be afraid to just experiment.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
when i do a dry rollerset, i use ElastaQp Recovery oil moisturizer on my hair and saturate my ends with oil. then i roll sections of my hair (not like a full blown rollerset) with magnetic rollers, maybe 10-12 rollers. I wrap my hair up at night, take down the rollers in the morning, and i get nice silky curls. check out my December album. depending on how you put the rollers in your hair, your hair may have a different shape than mine.

bajanplums1

I use Recovery sometimes & it works well.
For a lighter look I use African Pride Braid Sheen on ends & oil