hair comes out "crunchy" from my rollerset....help

sjarman13

hair comes out \"crunchy\" from my rollerset....help

My hair seems to break more after I rollerset. I am extremely careful and gentle. I don't use a setting lotion, but I put WGO on before rolling. Is that the problem? Help!

EXSQUISIT

Re: hair comes out \"crunchy\" from my rollerset....help

I had this problem a couple of times before and the culprit was that i wasn't diluting my settling lotion and the other time i was using entirely too much. I find that I get great results by just using a leave-in conditioner and a serum. HTH

KinksnCurlz

Don't use the WGO for rollersetting. You can apply it to your scalp if you like but not to the length. If you have to have something on ur length, try a light leave-in. Even tho u don't use setting lotions, a good one that doesn't leave that crunchy feel would be the Lottabody ready-to-use one... it's in a white bottle with purple lettering. Leaves ur hair super bouncy and fluffy.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Don't use the WGO for rollersetting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...also, try airdrying a rollerset instead of sitting under a hooded dryer.

bollyhair

Salerm 21 is the best thing to use for rollersetting, IMO. I have gotten more proficient w/ this rollersetting thing, and I have found that a little bit of Salerm is all you need- it acts as a setting lotion, moisturizer, shine enhancer, etc. If you can get your hands on this product, you MUST try it!

buffalosoldier

I bought a hooded dryer for my rollersets but i got much better results when I airdryed..typical !!!
But who has 5/6 hours to kill?

buffalosoldier

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
it takes you 5/6 hours to dry your hair??!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Air dry in rollers? yes, my hair is very very thick

Allandra

I only use creamy / thick leave-ins to roller set my hair (keeps the crunchies away for me).