Hello hydration b4 flat ironing? a no no for me

I finally tried my bottle of Hello Hydration ( herbal essences) last nite becuz i realized i was out of my precious NTM mask and garnier mask so i used hello hyrdation for a deep con, and it did deep con my hair but when i went to iron it,, my hair was just weird,, not weighed down or oversoft, it somehow looked like the cuticle had been raised and i couldnt get it smooth:confused::eek:, pissed me off pretty bad lol, or maybe it just didnt condition enough, has anyone else used this b34 doing a straight style??

shunta

Hey Raven!! Off topic, but are you feelin' better?;) But anyway, I think I had heard a while back that when you use new products that you should clarify. Im not sure but I know that Ive read it somewhere.

Last edited:
hi shunta,, aaw thanx for asking, im all better now,, actually i did clarify! im thnking perhaps i dried my hair out too much and thats why it acted weird,,it did seem to be a SUPER moisturizer but only B4 i ironed it,, ill def be using in warm weather when i dont flat iron

shunta

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
hi shunta,, aaw thanx for asking, im all better now,, actually i did clarify! im thnking perhaps i dried my hair out too much and thats why it acted weird,,it did seem to be a SUPER moisturizer but only B4 i ironed it,, ill def be using in warm weather when i dont flat iron
You're welcome girlie.;) So, maybe thats what it was-maybe your hair was dried out. How long did you leave the Hello Hydration on?

id say about half and hour to 40 mins and i also mixed it with the old herbal essences moisturizing con which is good stuff, have u ironed after using it?

Ms_Twana

I finally tried my bottle of Hello Hydration ( herbal essences) last nite becuz i realized i was out of my precious NTM mask and garnier mask so i used hello hyrdation for a deep con, and it did deep con my hair but when i went to iron it,, my hair was just weird,, not weighed down or oversoft, it somehow looked like the cuticle had been raised and i couldnt get it smooth:confused::eek:, pissed me off pretty bad lol, or maybe it just didnt condition enough, has anyone else used this b34 doing a straight style??

Oh my goodness. My hair was weird too. But, mines was VERY weighed down. It had absolutely NO body. And my hair ALWAYS has body when I flat iron it. This was my first time flat ironing since July 4th. And HH had been doing very well on my hair, until last night.

I tried two new products, so I'm not sure which one made my hair react like that. I tried this shine enhancing conditioner by Natures Garden and the Pantene Extra Liso that people have raved about. I used Natures Garden first, and my hair felt good. But then when I put the HH on, the softness went away. After the HH, I used the Extra Liso, put my hair in two ponytails and air dried.

I have no idea what could have happened. And I'm trying to figure out if I should do another condition wash, a shampoo wash, or a clarifying conditioner wash.

ms twana, i heard that some ppl said it left a coating so i made totally sure to rinse it all out of my hair like a maniac lol but instead i came up with weird hair and i totally sweated trying on clothes today so im gonna do an early wash and get back to NTM mask, im kinda phobic to use HH b4 ironing again, ill use it for curly styles.. btw, maybe you should just do a light shampoo wash and deep con...

MizaniMami

That pantene liso weighed my hair down something serious. It felt so coated.

It is now back in Krogers as of yesterday.

shunta

id say about half and hour to 40 mins and i also mixed it with the old herbal essences moisturizing con which is good stuff, have u ironed after using it?
Actually, I havent used the Hello Hydration yet. I just bought it today. I plan on using it in a couple of days because I just washed my hair yesterday. And I dont iron anymore, I just rollerset and go under the dryer. I dont know what could have went wrong, because alot of ladies seem to like it. Well, like they say-different strokes for different folks.:perplexed

Ms_Twana

MizaniMami said:
That pantene liso weighed my hair down something serious. It felt so coated.

It is now back in Krogers as of yesterday.

Really. How much did you apply Mizani??? I read a post saying to apply a quarter-sized amount. I applied it as if I was greasing my scalp. I parted and applied to the new growth where my part was. I did this all over my hair. Maybe that was too much!!!

MizaniMami

Ms_Twana said:
Really. How much did you apply Mizani??? I read a post saying to apply a quarter-sized amount. I applied it as if I was greasing my scalp. I parted and applied to the new growth where my part was. I did this all over my hair. Maybe that was too much!!!

I ono, probably about 5-6 glabs all over! This chick is too post relaxer to be playing around:lol: . Maybe I should have given it another chance.

Oh well, I got other stuff that I wanna use up first.

mermaid

I did, finally (I'd been so tempted to iron but I've been trying to "be giid" and leave the iron under the sink, but I had to see how my hair looked with the HH in it.:look: ).
Anyway, my hair just sprang to life. Normally I tie a bandana around my hair to "settle it", this time I pulled it in a ponytail assuming it would need to settle down and 7 hours later I took the ponytail down and my hair jumped around my head and bounced on my shoulders- I was a a family party and my cousin commented on how thick and long my hair was (I ususually were it in the natural curl, in a ponytail. Not many folks in my amily has seen it "done up") and I did the hair product commercial hair swing (LOL:lol: ) and my hair flowed around and landed right back in position and bounced and swayed when I walked.
I finally got tired of it floating in my face and put it back in a ponytail!