Hello Hydration & Pantene extra liso update

nychaelasymone

Hi Ladies,

I tried hello hydration and pantene's extra liso last night and my hair looks really good. I'm trying to stretch my relaxer for at least 8-10 weeks or longer. I'm on week 7, so far do good. I have a lot of new growth and I'm a 4b.

Well here was last night's regimine...kinda long but here we go,

-I mixed 2 eggs w/ mayo and olive oil as a pre-poo for 2 hours
-washed w/ CON (I put peppermint oil in mine, love the tingle on my scalp)
-deep conditioned w/ hello hydration mixed w/ a little CON moisturizing conditioner (baggied and sat under a soft bonnet Ionic/Cermaic dryer for 15 minutes)
-rinsed and applied Extra Liso's extra straight conditioner for 5 minutes
-rinsed w/ cold water
-applied leave-in Garnier Fructis leave-in conditioner w/ a nickle sized drop of Extra Liso combing cream.
-dried hair w/ hand held ionic/cermaic dryer on cool (no comb used at all)
-wrapped hair, applied a little kemi oil, applied satin scarf and went to bed
-I have really short hair...it's ear length.......
-this morning, my hair is straight, straight, straight.....I just oiled my scalp w/ a little Amla oil and it's beautiful and strong.....

I know this is long but my hair really looks nice...it's bouncy and has a lot of body.

thank u to the person who introduced me to hello hydration and extra liso....nice strechting technique....

Last edited:

Ms_Twana

Okay, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but Extra Liso did not work for me. I did not get the straight relaxed hair that some received. I am 3 months post, and I still had tons of waves after using this. And I put my hair in two ponytails, banded the ends, and tied it down with a durag to air dry.

My hair was also really weighed down after air drying and flat ironing. I had absolutely NO body what so ever. My hair always has body when I flat iron. I'm not certain if it was the Extra Liso or not because I used another new product as well (Nature Garden Shine Enhancing Conditioner).

So, ladies please tell me how you were using the Extra Liso. Maybe I did something wrong.

BTW, I'm going to post this on the other Extra Liso threads as well. So, you may see it again.

punchinella

Ms_Twana said:
Okay, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but Extra Liso did not work for me. I did not get the straight relaxed hair that some received. I am 3 months post, and I still had tons of waves after using this. And I put my hair in two ponytails, banded the ends, and tied it down with a durag to air dry.

My hair was also really weighed down after air drying and flat ironing. I had absolutely NO body what so ever. My hair always has body when I flat iron. I'm not certain if it was the Extra Liso or not because I used another new product as well (Nature Garden Shine Enhancing Conditioner).

So, ladies please tell me how you were using the Extra Liso. Maybe I did something wrong.

BTW, I'm going to post this on the other Extra Liso threads as well. So, you may see it again.

I answered this for you on the other thread too just in case: When I wear a durag my hair comes out wavy, when I wear a silk scarf it comes out straighter.

krissyprissy

I tried Pantene Extra Liso today and it is pretty good. After shampooing with Roux porisity control and deep condition with Something Special Triple Silk Conditioner, I parted my hair in sections and applied it to the new growth(7 weeks post) and massaged it in. Next I worked the product down my hair. I did not add any extra products to my hair except Profective healthy ends on the ends of my hair. Next I airdried my hair hanging straight and after it was dry, I noticed my hair was silkier and straighter. I usually dont get these results unless I airdry in a ponytail. The only problem is that my new growth is still damp after 10 hours. Next time I will apply less product and see how that works.:)

Ms_Twana

punchinella said:
I answered this for you on the other thread too just in case: When I wear a durag my hair comes out wavy, when I wear a silk scarf it comes out straighter.

Hummmm!!! I didn't think of that. I mean guys do wear durags for waves. Duhhh!!! Okay, thanks!!!

Qetesh

I did get a bottle of this at Wal-Mart for about 3.00, and it’s been pretty good to me.

I have used it twice, once after a shampoo, my hair defiantly felt softer than if I were to use a Jason product which is what I usually use. Also I LOVE the smell. My hair smelled good for days after. I also noticed my hair didn’t tangle as much which is probably because it was moisturized and not as brittle. I used it again last night as a light co wash (all I did was wet my hair put some HH in it and loosely finger thro it and rinse out HH) and put my hair in a protective style. Since my hair tends to be dry and frizzy, this more or less weighs it down a little and makes it soft. I follow up with motions leave in conditioner, I am still trying to find some of the extra liso, but I am going to have no problem using up the HH for as cheap as it is it’s a nice product IMO.

nychaelasymone

Qetesh said:
I did get a bottle of this at Wal-Mart for about 3.00, and it’s been pretty good to me.

I have used it twice, once after a shampoo, my hair defiantly felt softer than if I were to use a Jason product which is what I usually use. Also I LOVE the smell. My hair smelled good for days after. I also noticed my hair didn’t tangle as much which is probably because it was moisturized and not as brittle. I used it again last night as a light co wash (all I did was wet my hair put some HH in it and loosely finger thro it and rinse out HH) and put my hair in a protective style. Since my hair tends to be dry and frizzy, this more or less weighs it down a little and makes it soft. I follow up with motions leave in conditioner, I am still trying to find some of the extra liso, but I am going to have no problem using up the HH for as cheap as it is it’s a nice product IMO.

I will glady mail you my extra liso, if you can't find it.

Wishin4BSL

I'm also 7 weeks post and my new growth is out-of-this-world uncontrollable! I think I'll try using Extra Liso this way. Thanks so much for this update!

Qetesh

nychaelasymone said:
I will glady mail you my extra liso, if you can't find it.

i need to look more, i just checked at one walmart and CVS, i think i should be able to find some if i check at a few more places (target ext)

but if i still cant locate it after a while i might take u up on that, i jus dont want to put you thro the trouble when its probably here,

thanks for offering tho

Qetesh

just as an update i DID find some of this at the local grocery of all places :lol: , i jus stopped by on my lunch break to pick up a few things and strolled by the hair care section. anyway i bought a bottle for 4.00

ill post how it works for me when i use it in a few days... (probably this weekend)

VirtuousGal

I dont know about yall but HH messed me up really bad!! At first, it was all, good, my hair fely soft and bouncy and I thought I had found a dream product, until my hair started breaking up a storm and still is!!!! Im in major repair mode , but my hair is shorter and thinner about two months after I started and I feel as though it set me back when my hair was doing so well!!
Sigh...

Abibi

Kristal said:
I dont know about yall but HH messed me up really bad!! At first, it was all, good, my hair fely soft and bouncy and I thought I had found a dream product, until my hair started breaking up a storm and still is!!!! Im in major repair mode , but my hair is shorter and thinner about two months after I started and I feel as though it set me back when my hair was doing so well!!
Sigh...

Perhaps your hair is too soft( too much moisture). What else are you using? You may need to use a protein treatment like Ultra Sheen's Duo Tex. But before doing any protein treatment, I would examine all the labels from the other products that you've been using to make sure they don't have protein, alcohol, etc. If they, for the most part,have moisturizing agents then you can go ahead with the protein treatment. I think there is a hair troubleshooting thread that's a sticky. I don't know whether its still up. But they was some good info that could help ya.