Having a newbie Moment-What does Coconut Oil do?

Kayanna1212

Please be spefic i brought some Hair & Scalp Grease by Softee and it has Coconut Oil and Jojoba Oil
what do they both do? Thanksss
and sorry i had an noobie moment lmao:lachen:

msa

you could do a search...

coconut oil: penetrates the hair strand and nourishes the hair from the inside out, it helps slow protein loss from the strand

jojoba oil: most similar to the hair natural sebum, it's actually a wax, coats the strand which can aid in protecting it

I don't know anything about that grease and if it has other bad ingredients they may completely cancel out the benefits of the coconut and jojoba oil.

LushLox

You would be better off buying pure coconut oil to be honest. You'll reap much better benefits when using oils in their purest form.

Kayanna1212

The ingredits are

Petrelomuen,Cocos Nucifera (Cocunut) Oil,Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil,Paraffin,Mineral Oil,Fragrance,BHT

Just to let you guys know Mineral Oil and Petrelomeun doesnt bother my hair it acutally loves it lol :lachen:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Coconut oil: adds shine and strengthens the hair

Jojoba oil: resembles the natural oil that the scalp produces

awhyley

Newbie or not, THANK YOU for asking this question, because I was (and still am) confused by all of the oils, and what they do. Also, msa, where did you find out that coconut oil info.?

Last edited:

msa

The ingredits are

Petrelomuen,Cocos Nucifera (Cocunut) Oil,Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil,Paraffin,Mineral Oil,Fragrance,BHT

Just to let you guys know Mineral Oil and Petrelomeun doesnt bother my hair it acutally loves it lol :lachen:

That's not a product I'd ever use so...try it and see how you like it.

My suggestion, if you need answers, search first. You'll find out more information and you won't have to wait for people to answer your thread. Especially if it's a subject that has been discussed over and over, like oils and what they do.

Awhyley, I found it out either reading here or searching on google. If you ever need to do a search of this site, it's best to use google. For example, type in coconut oil site:longhaircareforum.com...you'll get a lot of threads.

Also, some good places to look are The Beauty Brains, thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com, blackgirllonghair.blogspot.com, or just do a google search and see what comes up. There are a million other blogs but I'm blanking on them right now.

Last edited:
I personally like the coconut oil in natural form. Jojoba oil was okay for me,it actually felt better on my skin than hair. For a hair grease, i don't think the ingredients are all that bad, i've seen worse.