Newbie in need of guidance

hondurena

My ends are crispy. :wallbash: Aside from that my natural hair is beautifully moisturized. The ends are not split just dry. I don't use heat except when I DC which I do once a week. Has anyone conquered this problem?

I'm a newbie and I haven't mastered searching the forum.

I use a shea butter/coconut mix and a spritz with water/Glycerin/rosemary oil.

For my scalp I use a castor oil/jojoba oil mix.

trenise

Are you saying you are natural? I'm relaxed but had the same problem. Yhe first thing that started to turn my hair around was simple olive oil treatment. I put it all over my hair for about an hour oe two covered with a plastic cap then washed it out without using shampoo. Then I put conditioner in it and washed that out. I had shedding and dryness. This stopped the shedding right away.

LynnieB

I had dry ends too. No splits just feeling weird and not like the rest of my hair. I snipped about a 1/4 inch off the ends last month.

I think it goes with the territory. Your ends are the oldest parts of your hair, they are constantly exposed to everything and even if you're on top of your moisturizing game, they have a tendency to feel rough but otherwise look normal.

There was a vaseline thread on here and I admit the idea of putting vaseline on hair sounded :drunk: but the idea behind it made some sense.

Since I wear alot of twists and braid/twist out styles, what I've been doing for the last couple months was to soak my ends with water (dripping wet) and then put a dab of vaseline on the last inch or two of my ends as extra protection. Even in out styles, the hair doesn't dry out or get that crispy thing going on.

It works for me. I also find that I don't have to spritz my ends everyday or apply oils everyday like I used to either.

Just something for you to try when nothing else works.