Hairveda Vs Shescentit

Hairveda or Shescentit?

• Hairveda

Votes: 84 58.3%
  • Shescentit

Votes: 60 41.7%

• Total voters
It's a problem if I'm going through this post with tabs on my browser open for both Hairveda and Shescentit, adding stuff to both shopping carts. :nono:

i like hairveda green tes butter better than shescentit butter

i like shescentit banana brulee much better that hairvedas sitrinilla

i couldnt try any other shescentit products because the strong smell gave me a head ache.
but i love hairvedas cocasta oil, vatika frosting, whipped cream and gelly.

Hairveda, it's the only one I have tried, my results have been great so no need to try another. I chose Hairveda because of its use of Ayurvedic Practices which is what I am following with my hair. :yep:

I have tried products from both lines. Fortifying Mask, Banana Brulee, Avocado Conditioner and Seyani Hair butter from Shescentit and the Sitrinillah Conditioner, Vatika Frosting and Whipped Baggy Cream from Hairveda.

I like the Shescentit line much better.

Hairveda just didn't agree with my hair. The sitrinillah left my hair coated and dull looking, the vatika frosting is like grease to me and I just don't do grease, lol. The whipped baggy cream was ok. It tangled my hair when I put it on initially but if I wrapped it right away and let it "dry", my hair felt good when I took it down the next day. I actually haven't decided if I like it or not - it doesn't provide any shine or sheen but it did leave my hair feeling good (after it had a chance to "set" in my hair).

Shescentit - I love all of the conditioners I purchased. My hair felt moisturized and well conditioned after using botht the banana brulee and FM, yet not weighted down at all. The avocado conditioner is a great detangler, almost as good as silicon mix (the absolute best detangling conditioner). The seyani hair butter really softened my hair, provided a light shine without weighing it down and is a super light, creamy consistency.

As far as scents - I absolutely LOVE the scent of the sitrinillah and the baggy cream (same scent I think). The smell made me wish even more that the products worked for me. However I cannot stand the way the vatika frosting smells. It is entirely too strong and just - sickeningly sweet.

Shescentit - I like the scent of all three of the conditioners that I purchased. They all smell sort of fruity. Its not a really heavy scent but it does scent linger in my hair after styling, so I get just a little whiff every time I turn my head for the first few days after a wash. I ordered the seyani butter in sweet rain which is a sweet, perfumy scent. I like it but I will probably try something different for my next order.

I must say I was expecting to like the hairveda line a lot more than I did. Maybe I just ordered the wrong products for my hair type but now I am hesitant to try other products for fear of getting the same results.

Shescentit gets my vote.

Last edited:
I like Shescentit because of the natural ingrediants. I was really interested in Hairveda, but then saw there were too many long named substances that I was unsure of.

I'm in love with shescentit (as ive posted on threads before). The fortifying masque is my go to conditioner and yesterday was my 3rd re-up. I like it more than my $20+ masks and conditioners i have. I adore that all of her products are 90%+ natural and contain lots of great stuff. So far I've only tried three conditioners (soon to be 4 because I placed an order yesterday), and I've loved every one. They have my hair smelling fruity all day. I also love the seyani butter. I have the original scent which i thought was ok, but since she began offering them in more scents, I can't wait to try sugar cookie. It's absolutely perfect for taming my edges when I'm bunning and want to give them a break from my good old fantasia ic.

from hairveda i've only tried the sitrinillah and the vatika frosting. my hair didn't care too much for the sitrinillah. i realized on my very last use that I can really only use it as a dc on dry hair. because the coconut oil solidifies, I haven't used the vatika frosting very much. I do love the scent though. I think im going to melt it and put it in a spray bottle for easier use because otherwise it has that "grease" feel to it. I just placed an order for the cocasta oil that i'm hoping i love based on the reviews. i looooooove sickeningly sweet scents for my hair.

i plan on trying the cleansers from both vendors but since i don't actually wash that much, i never seem to run out of shampoo.

Overall though, i'd have to give it to shescentit. i pray she stays in business for years.

MissRissa, I love the sugar cookie smell. I think I like the Gillian butter better than the Seyani butter but that scent is:lick:

MissRissa, I love the sugar cookie smell. I think I like the Gillian butter better than the Seyani butter but that scent is:lick:

whats the difference in the gillian and seyani? one of the batches i got was kinda thick and since i have super fine hair, i was thinking ok this isnt going to work so i added a dab of some oil and a couple other things got to whipping and it was perfect.

I only recently started hearing about Shescentit, but i have a few HairVeda products and I love ALL of them, i am thinking maybe some time i will try the Banana Brulee from Shescentit, but i dont know yet....

Okay, so are you all saying that the Gillian butter is lighter for fine hair instead of the Seyani butter. I need a butter that is light because I have fine hair. Let me know because I want to make a purchase soon. Also, someone said that Hairveda had a grease type product. No matter how much I talk, my mom uses hair grease to oil her scalp. If I can find something that is light and the consistency of hair grease, but a little healthier, it would help. Any suggestions from either line?

I LOVE the Gillian Butter. I ordered and tried the Seyani Butter first, but for some reason it didnt work very well for my hair.

I got the gillian butter for my neice and decided to try some for myself.
I am so glad I did. This stuff is really good. It moisturizes without weighing down depending on how much moisture you want.

When I wear braidouts I apply a little more. This butter is great for fine or thicker hair.

I have the Banana Brulee (it's nice) only tried it with heat tho'. I just received the Avacado Conditioner a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I also ordered the Sitrinillah from Hairveda (haven't received that yet) However, can't wait to try it !

i ordered my hairveda stuff at the end of sep and i'm still waitin (i asked why and she said they have a lot of orders).

so right now i wanna vote shescentit even thought i havent tried it.

which line ships faster? qhemet is on my nerve, hairveda is havin probs. all i got product-wise right now is some HE LTR condish and a few dwindling qhemet things(shampoo, spritz, and oil)

btw: I ordered the Shescenit It and the Hairveda like seconds apart. The Shescent It came right away. I have yet to receive my products from Hairveda:nono:

i ordered a load of she scent it from the easter sale. the honey rinse, both hair butters, the leave ins, the tea tree shampoo and that other conditioner. oh and the macadamia gel.

Okay, so are you all saying that the Gillian butter is lighter for fine hair instead of the Seyani butter. I need a butter that is light because I have fine hair. Let me know because I want to make a purchase soon. Also, someone said that Hairveda had a grease type product. No matter how much I talk, my mom uses hair grease to oil her scalp. If I can find something that is light and the consistency of hair grease, but a little healthier, it would help. Any suggestions from either line?
I have not tried the Gillian butter, but I am really impressed with the Seyani butter for my super-fine hair. My hair is so fine that even coconut oil on the ends can weigh it down, but this Seyani butter is literally the lightest hair butter I've ever encountered. Light as air! I loved it. I got the Coco-Mango scent, and it was very generic...I didn't hate it, but let's just say I won't be using it for the scent.

Speaking of scents, I was really surprised that the Shescentit products didn't smell good. I was SO looking forward to the Banana Brulee deep conditioner smeling like banana, but it smelled like floor cleaner or Windex. :nono: The Avocado conditioner smells pretty good, but the scent is nothing special. The HairVeda products, on the other hand, smell fantastic! I especially love the CoCasta Shikakai oil, it smells like fresh watermelon.

tbaby_8, I think that the HairVeda Whipped Clouds (Shea-Aloe butter) could substitute for hair grease for your mom. It's greasy but light, and it smells really good. I really like the consistency.

As far as customer service goes, has anyone experienced bad or not so good customer service from Shescentit?

One thing I can say about Hairveda is that even though the shipping/delivery times may be very long at times she has always had exceptional customer service in my opinion.

I don't feel I receive good service at all with SweetCashew with Shescentit. She never says "Hello" or "Thanks" when replying or responding to my emails and she always seems VERY dry with her comments or answers to me... and I hardly even contact her unless I have a question regarding a product or something.

I wonder if it's just me or just her personality?? Has anyone else experienced this??
I'm skeptical about ordering anything else from her or her site:perplexed

Back