Hairveda-Is there something wrong with my nose!?

Lava27

So I'm new here I and I have read soooo many reviews touting the AMAZING smell of Hairveda products. Of course I have also read about how well they worked, and decided to order Cocasta Oil, Sitrinillah DC, and Whipped Cream lotion. Well you can just imagine how excited I was today when my products arrived and I pulled off like 3 feet of wrapping, dying to just smell them. Benedryl, Robatusssin, Nyquil!? :look: I'm not sure exactly which cold medicine it is, but the Cocasta oil smelled so strongly of sweet syrupy cold medicine that I COULD NOT BELIEVE it! Has anyone else felt like this about the scent?? I was so sad after hearing soo many great scent reviews. Anyway, I put some on my hair and must say that it is an AMAZING oil...so penetrative and softening. So I undoubtedly will use it a lot, and most likely will be ordering more soon. But I have to say, the scent left me sooo underwhelmed. The whipped cream scent was a little overly sweet as well, but nothing I would call bad per se, but not great either. The Sitrinillah was pretty nice, and If I was a citrus scenty person I'd probably love it. But I'm a cookie dough, chocolatety, sweet smelling lover...so I'm surprised honestly. But I love my products and I'm definitely glad I ordered! :grin:

i actually looooooooooooove the smell of cocasta. i love the oil for other reasons as well but the smell is amazing. and i love the smell of the whipped cream, whipped jelly, vatika frosting and almond glaze, amala cream rinse, and moist condition pro.

its the sitrinilla smell that gets me. i mean it smells good but it too sweet for me. so i think its just about what your nose can handle.

I like the way they smell, but I have read that others thought the cocasta oil smelled too sweet. I guess I'll have to order it to really know what that means. :perplexed

never smelt the cocasta oil, i need to get some, but the vatika frosting is yummy...smells like cake, the rest of stuff i got, they smell okay, nothing to sweet or over the top, they are bearable scents.

My p.o.v

Cocasta oil....smells good,nice consistency I love it!
Almond glaze it not as strong as I'd like it to be...still working my way with the product
(not sure if it works best on wet or dry hair....for me)
Vatkia frosting.....smells just like frosting! haven't tried the product yet
Strinrilla..is very fragrant.....I have to give it another whirl....tried to dc on damp hair overnight and got tangles....

Overall I love the smells of hairveda. I guess I got a lil excited and was quick to use all the products and in the end didn't get thier best...will try again....CORRECTLY!

are you preggers? :lachen:

No j/k. Actually, cocasta is the only thing I tried from there and I really like it.

I like the Cocasta oil's smell. I especially appreciate its sweet scent since most ayurvedic oils don't smell good or like anything even remotely yummy. Also the Vatika Frosting smells delicious.

I :love: the way the cocosta & avosoya smells, now that vatika frosting is it strong for me but I love that as well

Lol...no baby that I know of! I smelled again after reading all you ladies' posts because I feel even crazier now. It DEFINITELY smells like Benadryl to me. It's actually an allergy medication, so perhaps not a lot of ladies have used it. Both me and my mother have allergies, so unfortunately I've had to use Benadryl lots of times growing up. I can't knock the association my nose is making! EEeks. One thing I noticed is the smell on my hair is not as strong as when I simply whiff the bottle...sigh..

I don't find anything wrong with Cocoasta.

Vatika smelled fine in the jar to me (like cake!) but I did not like the smell in my hair

I haven't tried the cocasta, but I just got the sitrinillah and vatika frosting. I'm not a big citrus person, so the smell didn't work wonders on me. However, I keep sniffing the vatika frosting and someone needs to stop me from eating it. lol

The Cacasta smells too sweet to me to so I don't use it, and the almond glaze smells to sweet. You are not alone LOL!! But The Vatika Frosting is the Shiznick! I could buy that by the gallons.

I love how Hairveda products smell, but something must be wrong with b/c I don't think the Whipped Cream smells like anything.

You're not the only one...The Cocasta smells medeciny to me as well, but it's a light smell so I don't mind. The VF and Sitrinillah mask smell to sweet but I love all the products.

So I'm new here I and I have read soooo many reviews touting the AMAZING smell of Hairveda products. Of course I have also read about how well they worked, and decided to order Cocasta Oil, Sitrinillah DC, and Whipped Cream lotion. Well you can just imagine how excited I was today when my products arrived and I pulled off like 3 feet of wrapping, dying to just smell them. Benedryl, Robatusssin, Nyquil!? :look: I'm not sure exactly which cold medicine it is, but the Cocasta oil smelled so strongly of sweet syrupy cold medicine that I COULD NOT BELIEVE it! Has anyone else felt like this about the scent?? I was so sad after hearing soo many great scent reviews. Anyway, I put some on my hair and must say that it is an AMAZING oil...so penetrative and softening. So I undoubtedly will use it a lot, and most likely will be ordering more soon. But I have to say, the scent left me sooo underwhelmed. The whipped cream scent was a little overly sweet as well, but nothing I would call bad per se, but not great either. The Sitrinillah was pretty nice, and If I was a citrus scenty person I'd probably love it. But I'm a cookie dough, chocolatety, sweet smelling lover...so I'm surprised honestly. But I love my products and I'm definitely glad I ordered! :grin:

I just got my Hairveda order and AMAZING!!!:lick: The Vatika frosting really smells like cake frosting and my knees almost buckled when I smelled the cocasta cream. My hair smells like candy and cake...so if that's too sweet, I'll take the smell. But besides the smell, the whipped cream sealed with the cocasta oil made my regular comb feel like a hot comb!! It just glided right through my NG. I'm in love...Bev betta get ready for Jan. 1st...I have a feeling she'll be very busy

I want to eat the Cocasta and then pour what's left all over me. I LOVE its smell. The almond glaze smells good, but can be a bit too much for me. The vatika frosting is so yummy-smell and use. I don't think the whipped cream has any particular scent. It just smells plain.

You're not the only one...The Cocasta smells medeciny to me as well, but it's a light smell so I don't mind. The VF and Sitrinillah mask smell to sweet but I love all the products.

Yay...you and curlynikki...and someone else I just forgot (sorry:rolleyes:) have me feeling less nutty. I felt like the only one that wasn't Head over Heels for these scents!

Like you said though, the cocasta seems to lighten in scent when u use it...and it is sooo great..plus if I put up with MTG and WGO this is nothin. But the smell straight from the bottle....still, gag me:grin:. I also ended up using the sitrinillah bout an hour ago and oddly enough that's my favorite smell-wise. I actually really liked it:drunk: Weird....

I'm in conrows right now so I'm not getting the full impact of these products :ohwell: ...think i'm taking them out in a few days so I can feel the strength! LOL

Same here. I like the way the sitrinallah, ends hydration, whipped gelly, and avoysoya oil smell. Cocasta... I can smell the ayurveda in it (shikikai) and I will never be that warm and fuzzy to put that my hair on smell alone.

I didn't like the Vatika frosting scent at all. But I loved everything else I've used. You're right, some of the products are verrrry sugary in scent, but I love that. It's probably a matter of preference. The Cocasta Shikakai Oil took me just a little bit of time to get used to, but I like it now that I'm used to. It had this warm, nutty scent to me.?.?.?

I think she still offers an unscented option for most of her products. If there's something u like but aren't crazy about the scent, send an email to find out if u can get it unscented.

I love things that smell sweet, but I have heard others say the products smell too sweet. I like them.

There are companies that make cookie dough / chocolate / marshmallow scented stuff though too.

I love the scents. I just wish it lasted longer. Maybe it does and I can't smell them.

I think she still offers an unscented option for most of her products. If there's something u like but aren't crazy about the scent, send an email to find out if u can get it unscented.

Thanks Eisani, I thought about that..but the Cocasta with a those Indian oils in there, I just may be better off with the scent! :spinning:

Back