Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

xu93texas

I just reordered the phyto phytophanere vitamins. I wasn't going to, but after blowing my hair out last night, I believe it might be working. I just completed 2 month bottle, so I will give my final verdict after this next 2 month supply.

I want to try these vitamins next.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
davisbr88: My bad girl. Well I hope you find something that works. Also can I be added to the challengers list... I mean I'm going to challenge myself personally but I wanna feel LHCF official. LOL

Honeytips

Weigh in day today as I'm away from home tomorrow (official weigh in day) until Wednesday. I'm 151lbs - I was pushing 153 sometime in the week so I'm back down to starting weight.
It's my DH's birthday on Tuesday so we're going away from today for a few days to celebrate, so tonight I'll go for a long walk and hopefully I can hit up the hotel's gym or perhaps do a run or two.
Not expecting to lose anything next week, but I'm okay with that.
See you ladies around Wednesday

Ajna

I just reordered the phyto phytophanere vitamins. I wasn't going to, but after blowing my hair out last night, I believe it might be working. I just completed 2 month bottle, so I will give my final verdict after this next 2 month supply.

That stuff works the only downside is after about a year you will need to change up - I wonder if it is like that for all hair supplements - anyways I am trying Resveratrol Keratin with Biotin and Bamboo Silica.

Ajna

I feel off the wagon yesterday and today I will get back on tomorrow. I think I have drank a bottle of wine and ate about a pound of cheese with assorted deli meats...does olives in this case count? Flow has been in town and I just don't care if I am chunky accept me as I am fat rolls and all.

No really I don't mean that I am going to the gym tomorrow.

davisbr88

Ajna: :lachen: I just died at that post!
I feel the same way when I'm on mine. I hate it - ugh! But I will say that it definitely does increase my levels of self-acceptance while I'm eying a buffet of delicious things I am craving really hard and really shouldn't be eating. "Eh... I'm beautiful as I am. GIVE ME CHOCOLATE!"

FollicleFanatic

I wanna join!

Hair Goals
Current Length: Grazing BSL
2015 Goal Length: Full BSL, MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
Hair type: 4a/b
How you will achieve goal: buns, wigs/half wigs, inverting, babying ends

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 170
Goal Weight: 140
Current Dress Size: 10
Goal Size: 5/6
How you will achieve goal: drink more water, eat less sweets and carbs, increase veggie and protein intake. Exercise at least 4x a week.

Ultimately I'd like to discuss more on toning and firming up versus pounds lost. I'll take both though!

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I really haven't been doing a darn thing. Not exercising, eating right, nothing. I have been drinking, well trying to drink more water. I can't sleep since I was hungry after only having 1 meal today. So instead of grabbing the brownie I got on the way home from work I had half a cup of red grapes mixed with a few raspberries and blackberries and a bottle of water. Hope I can fall asleep so I don't reach for that brownie. I need help y'all :cry:

ronie

After work this morning:
Oatmeal 330 cal
Elliptical/stair master for 1 hour 550 cal
Now I'm going to sleep

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I've had a headache since Friday. I'm going to stop that weightloss system I can't attribute my headache to anything else... Besides I read reviews about it and it said it had adverse affects later(people weren't able to keep the weight off) Im also going to stop looking for a quick fix. I'm just going to bust my butt and wait the results. I bought Quinoa, fish and free range chicken breast. Spinach and greens, Spring salad mix, egg whites, and turkey sausage. Also I did lose weight but that diet practically starves you so... down to 151.2 today. I'll start using Sunday as my weekly weigh in.

naptime

I ate all the food at brunch today and I don't even care, lol. It was so delicious and fancy :)

davisbr88

FollicleFanatic: welcome! I will add you to the list.
KinksAndInk: don't beat yourself up! Get back on it ASAP!
TwistedRoots: good for you for listening to your body! Those groceries sound so yummy!

I slept most of the morning away because of my meds, but I am now chowing down on rotisserie chicken and green beans and they are life.

ronie

TwistedRoots
Hope you feel better soon. You did the right thing to listen to your body. We don't want to harm ourselves in the process.
My hair has been in a braided bun since yesterday. I think I will just brush down the edges today without taking it down to go to work tonight.

ronie

FollicleFanatic: welcome! I will add you to the list. KinksAndInk: don't beat yourself up! Get back on it ASAP! TwistedRoots: good for you for listening to your body! Those groceries sound so yummy! I slept most of the morning away because of my meds, but I am now chowing down on rotisserie chicken and green beans and they are life.
Just realized my name isn't on the list either, lolllll. I could swear I got a tag notification when the thread started. Regardless y'all can't kick me out now, lolllll.

xu93texas

I started my 8 week walking program today.

I had a protein smoothie for lunch. I'm preparing salmon, asparagus, and broccoli for dinner.

AlexandriaKiera

I'm still doing well on my diet. Today I am making low carb enchiladas for dinner. I have also been sticking to protective styling.
I am extremely proud of myself for not cheating on my diet so far. :)

Keep up the good work ladies!

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I got some tips on how to be lighter on my knees and after my headache subsided I decided to give insanity another go. I almost DIED during that fit test. But it gives results and my work load just became intense so working out at home is going to be my best option. I'll be trying to stick to that schedule(insanity)... For at least a month. I'm not about that 60 day life...maybe this time will be different maybe it won't.

Another thing, I'm finding myself logging on to this site more so often now than anytime before and I don't have the liberty to key in like that so my post are going to become few and far between...this thread will be practically the only one I come too. Good luck ladies. I'll do weekly updates for sure if nothing else.

Oh yea and my hair completely "curled" up when I dc'd it! Whoop I think hairfinity is kicking in I'll have a twa in no time. :yay:

trclemons

I have been off the chain since I went to my friends 50th Birthday Celebration the 2nd weekend of February. I finally weighed today and I am up 4 lbs.

That's it, I'm getting myself back on the right track because this is ridiculous!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It's that time :( I'm going to have to work extra hard to keep the lbs from creeping up this week. Tonight I'm going to do a fitness dvd and some pilates.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay since I honestly don't have time to go to the gym I'm going to continue my treadmill at home and I joined Dollfit. It's an exercise group I paid for I saw on my Instagram feed. Results look promising and I can do it at home. Hoping to loose at least 25-30lbs in 8 weeks. we shall see.

davisbr88

ronie: dangdabit! I am slumming! See? This is why I didn't want y'all pressuring me into hosting! I don't know what I'm doing!!! :lachen:

ronie

ronie why did you stop using Kerastase? What are you using now?
I still use the nutritive line: masquintense mainly, nutrithermique mask, nectar thermique heat protectant leave in, elixir ultime mask.
I used the volume active from the resistance line when my relaxed/transitioning hair was thinning so much. Since I ve been natural I had no need for added volume although my hair is on the low density side. I use the ciment thermique leave in on occasion.
I don't use them on the regular because I love alternate between salon brands and natural brands. Here s what I use more regularly with great results:
Elucence moisturize benefits shampoo
Silk dreams shea what
Silk dreams shea what deux
Silk dreams raspberry coconut affair (moist moisturizing thing on the face of the earth)
Joico moisture recovery treatment balm
Curl junkie repair me and nexus emergency for protein
Leave ins: silk dreams wheat germ butter conditioner, it's a 10, aphogee pro vitamin
I also use the carols daughter cupuacu line for my flat iron.
Every now and then I will use something new, but I always come back to these.

FollicleFanatic

Every single time I get serious about working out I get injured. I'm sick of it! My toes and armpit are finally healing(don't ask lol) so I should be back at it in a few days.

TOM is here and got me craving salads, strawberries, bubble tea and Wendy's. Every month I crave different random things. Anyone have this problem or is it just mostly chocolate?