Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

ronie

Dinner- baked chicken, chicken flavored rice and broccoli. Having my chicken with salad with apples and walnuts and raspberry walnut vinergrette.
That looks so fancy. It sounds great too.
I made some damage today.
Peanut butter and bread for breakfast with fruit punch juice
Oatmeal for lunch
Dinner: large garden salad with grilled chicken
AND 1 bowl of lobster bisque (420 cals) with a big piece of Italian bread. AND a ginger ale.
I at work now. I feel full and won't eat anything during the night.
I had planned to rest tomorrow, but I will have to go to the gym for at least an hour and half. Will walk/run for 30, stair master for 20 and elliptical for 30.

Ajna

This week I have only lost a few ounces pfft - maybe it is the wine or the scotch I dunno but I don't eat any sugar so shouldn't that balance out??

I got some good advice from a young kid at the gym but I think he may have a point he said for me to eat veggies and fruits with protein. So if I have an apple eat a few almonds. I deal with cravings and hunger by eating one thing at a time so like at 8 I will have my crock pot cereal, then at 10 I will have plain yogurt no fruit then at noon I will have like 6 oz of chicken then 2 I will have like three cups of a green veggie, 4 I will have a an apple or pear at 5 it is a power bar before the gym , 7 I eat dinner and at 9 or 10 I drink a protein shake. It works because it keeps my calories down and I don't get hungry.

Anyway I am back on the exercise train

I have been back on the yoga and the bowflex. I cannot wait until some of this snow melts so I can hit the trails I miss running but I almost wiped out two weeks ago on ice under the snow.

Also has anyone seen the pop sugar squat challenge http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Printable-Squat-Challenge-31141646 I like it a lot and I hope it will firm up the buns but I am only on day 5

I think I want to pick up the weight lifting after I had my son that was how I lost the weight. OOO I could be like a sexy body builder

Anyways I have been doing the MHM method so my hair is looking better. The curls are clumping more but I have some crazy strands just out and about. I think I am going to get a diva cut.

davisbr88

Y'all... this diet is RIDICULOUS!
As of today, I am 9 pounds down AND I surpassed my March 16th goal 10 days early!
The key is to figure out how I will keep it off while I'm traveling next week + it will be TOM. I'm happy I have a 1.9 pound padding for if I gain, though I usually can get up to 5 lbs heavier on my TOM :( I hope I win this dietbet game!!!!

naptime

Got some yoga in before work. This new job is killing my fitness, so as much as I hate getting up early, that's just what have to do to get my workouts in. I made quinoa stuffed peppers for lunch.

Haven't yet figured out what I'll do with my hair.

cynd

I've been eating uncontrollably and not exercising so I've been afraid to weigh myself. I've even been putting off going to the doctor because I know I've gained weight since I was last there and I don't feel like seeing the look she gives me. I forced myself to step on the scale this morning and I'm down 2 lbs! WTH? Strangely, this has me pumped. Hopefully this is what I needed to get on track.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
That looks so fancy. It sounds great too.
I made some damage today.
Peanut butter and bread for breakfast with fruit punch juice
Oatmeal for lunch
Dinner: large garden salad with grilled chicken
AND 1 bowl of lobster bisque (420 cals) with a big piece of Italian bread. AND a ginger ale.
I at work now. I feel full and won't eat anything during the night.
I had planned to rest tomorrow, but I will have to go to the gym for at least an hour and half. Will walk/run for 30, stair master for 20 and elliptical for 30.

Thanks it was delish. Thing is I don't deprive myself of certain things like 1 taco or cereal or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because then I'll start craving it and will overeat. I think you did great. I have cut out sweets and salty snacks like cookies candy and chips.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just had vanilla cupcake whipped greek yogurt (100 calories) and a half of a banana. Dh and I just did a cardio workout. I plan to do some pilates and yoga later for strength and flexibility.

davisbr88

naptime: I DESPISE waking up early!!!! Ugh. That practice shouldn't even exist... lol. But I hear you - it's the only time in a busy day to really stop and get things done. I usually use it to write or reflect/meditate. I need to start working out again.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Did 80 power jumps and 100 crunches. For breakfast I had 1 carne guisada taco and water. Will eat a snack pack or salad for lunch. Not sure what's for dinner yet. Will get on my treadmill later.

Hair wise I'm currently prepooing with KeraVada brahmi oil and BASK apple and sorghum hair syrup. Will cowash wirh tresemme flawless curls con and use cantu leave in and shea moisture strengthen leave in and flattwist it back up. I did a light dust last night.

davisbr88

I had deconstructed shrimp tacos (since I can't have tortillas) with guacamole for lunch. OMG.... sooooooo good! I don't know why I have been eating so much avocado lately, but I have been craving it and loving it. I have eaten guacamole like 4 times since I started this diet on Sunday.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
It's day 6 of insanity and I really don't feel like excercising today. I want some fried chicken and some gravy. :sad: Lord give me strength.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I had deconstructed shrimp tacos (since I can't have tortillas) with guacamole for lunch. OMG.... sooooooo good! I don't know why I have been eating so much avocado lately, but I have been craving it and loving it. I have eaten guacamole like 4 times since I started this diet on Sunday.

Recipe please

Honeytips

Yaay - great to be back! For the past week I've been walks/classes/running and today I'm taking part in the International Women's day 5K fun run, so that should be loads of fun :grin: . Eating this last week unfortunately hasn't been the best I'm still hoping for a good result on the scales tomorrow :yep:

Hair: As it's the fun run I decided to go a bit crazy and temporarily dye my hair pinkish red (using ORS Smooth n hold pudding and some red food colouring. When I get home I'm just going to wash it out, deep condition and put into twists.

Last edited:

naptime

I reintroduced a bit of running today. I injured myself last fall by upping my mileage too fast...was trying to tone up for my wedding. It felt pretty good, but was just a brief run, then I did 30 minutes of P90X core synergistics.

I'm gonna henna tomorrow, and also make some broccoli soup for lunch during the week.

I don't think I've lost any weight... sigh.

davisbr88

naptime: have you been tracking your measurements? You're probably building muscle with P90X!

Also, if anyone is looking for a TOM craving buster, I came on a whole lot earlier than I expected (which means I won't have to worry about being too big for my March 16 weigh-in! whoop!) and I just made panfried brussels sprouts, and good lordt. SOOOO good, and knocked my cravings out completely! Salty, crispy/crunchy with a little fat? YAS!

naptime

So...my hubby just looked at me and said, "you know what...let's just get fat...we'd be so happy"...lol. I think he's tired of eating healthy food, lol.

hareluvah

davisbr88
Thank you so much for the suggestion but swimming is not an option for me right now. I would have to join a gym and the ones with pools are expensive plus extra cost for childcare for two kids and I would have to join for a year. It doesn't make sense with surgery and four months of recovery with a physical therapist happening this year.

But, ladies, I feel encouraged. I know I can still change my body by changing my diet, not eating emotionally, limiting sugar, and doing something for exercise when my body allows.

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories, your successes and your pitfalls. We can do this!

My new mini-goal is to lose 25 bounds by June when I will tentatively have my first surgery (I find out if I will have a second this Wednesday) Reading about the risks involved with obesity and anesthesia :nono: really helped light a fire under my bum.

Last edited:

hareluvah

Y'all... this diet is RIDICULOUS!
As of today, I am 9 pounds down AND I surpassed my March 16th goal 10 days early!
The key is to figure out how I will keep it off while I'm traveling next week + it will be TOM. I'm happy I have a 1.9 pound padding for if I gain, though I usually can get up to 5 lbs heavier on my TOM :( I hope I win this dietbet game!!!!

That is awesome!!!!!!! :yay: you go! That is so encouraging :grin:

cynd

I'm seriously considering re-joining the gym. It's hard to justify since I have so much equipment at home but I'm just not getting it done here for some reason.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Here's my Sunday check in for my weight loss for the week. I'm so proud of myself for not giving up. I still have a lot more to loose but it's a start. Went from 233.8 last Sunday to 228.8 today.

ForumRunner_20150308_085102.jpg

Eboni801

Here's my Sunday check in for my weight loss for the week. I'm so proud of myself for not giving up. I still have a lot more to loose but it's a start. Went from 233.8 last Sunday to 228.8 today.
5 pounds in one week is awesome! Keep up the good work!!

I weighed in at 139 this week. I'm excited to be back in the 130s. My goal is 137 and I'll just working on toning from there. Mainly my stomach and thighs. I recently moved to Atl from Ohio. In Ohio I'm considered thickish, in Atlanta I'm skinny....so weird.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
5 pounds in one week is awesome! Keep up the good work!!

I weighed in at 139 this week. I'm excited to be back in the 130s. My goal is 137 and I'll just working on toning from there. Mainly my stomach and thighs. I recently moved to Atl from Ohio. In Ohio I'm considered thickish, in Atlanta I'm skinny....so weird.

Ha lol that's two totally different comparisons. By any means you still looking great so as long as we're healthy right.

Eta- and thanks!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Dinner done...made meatloaf stuffed with provolone and prosciutto. Creamy and cheesy cauliflower casserole and I'm boiling some corn on the cob

ForumRunner_20150308_152536.jpg

ForumRunner_20150308_152546.jpg