Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

Ajna

Ajna: YES! All I was craving was meat, cheese, fat, and bread. I could've polished off an entire pizza. And I would've killed for a Whopper with cheese. Smh. I am SO happy I couldn't leave my bed or I would've had to drop out of this challenge from shame!

LOLs yep I so feel you!

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
Ya'll are looking great ladies! I gotta step my game up. As far as this system...Its hard out here. I can't live on meal replacement shakes... and little protein. But I'm sticking to it... 7 more days. *le sigh* ( ._.)

xu93texas

Hey ya'll, hope it's not too late to join. Here are my plans for 2015: Hair Goals Current Length: SL 2015 Goal Length: BSL Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural Hair type: 4a/b How you will achieve goal: Cowash once a week, remember my scarf every night,, and braids and wigs as protective styles when I get tired of styling my hair. Weight/Fitness Goals Current Weight: 210 Goal Weight: Ultimate Goal is 160-170. it has been 12 years since I've been this small!! Current Dress Size: 16 Goal Size: 8 How you will achieve goal: Workout 5 days/week: Cardio and Weight Training class at the gym. Restart logging on my fitness pal. Start making green smoothies as meal replacements.

Welcome!! It's never too late to join.

NaturallyATLPCH

I've been sick so I haven't been to the gym in 3 days. I've been watching my calories though. I feel a little better so I will get it in today and tomorrow.

AlexandriaKiera

So yesterday I resisted pizza and cookies and I'm incredibly proud of myself. Those are my food weaknesses. I'm happy that I didn't cheat on my diet. The results will be worth it!

davisbr88

Lovely_Lady82: welcome! I will add you to our challenger list :)
AlexandriaKiera: great job!!!! I'm still proud of the very first time I resisted pizza like 5 years ago :lachen: It's just SOOOOO good!

In other news, I am down 3.2 lbs this week!
:bouncy:
I'm really surprised considering how bloated I am, but I guess it didn't matter all that much.

davisbr88

Today is the first day of the anti-candida diet I was prescribed, so I'm excited to get started.

Supplement: 1/4 tsp bee pollen upon rising
B: 1 whole hardboiled egg + 1 hardboiled egg yolk + hot water with acv and cinnamon.
I am having a hard time finding sugar-free options for breakfast on campus since I can't have pork or dairy. When I was low carbing before, I always had a bunch of bacon, eggs, and coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. I would sometimes eat leftovers, too, but that was when I had my own kitchen. Any suggestions?

I think I will have chicken and green beans for lunch and turkey and green beans for dinner.

I have to get used to eating 3 meals again.

ronie

Today is the first day of the anti-candida diet I was prescribed, so I'm excited to get started. Supplement: 1/4 tsp bee pollen upon rising B: 1 whole hardboiled egg + 1 hardboiled egg yolk + hot water with acv and cinnamon. I am having a hard time finding sugar-free options for breakfast on campus since I can't have pork or dairy. When I was low carbing before, I always had a bunch of bacon, eggs, and coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. I would sometimes eat leftovers, too, but that was when I had my own kitchen. Any suggestions? I think I will have chicken and green beans for lunch and turkey and green beans for dinner. I have to get used to eating 3 meals again.
Good luck n your new diet. Sorry I can't help with the breakfast suggestion. We both work nights. When I wake up it's usually dinner time, lolll. Breakfast to me is anything I feel like eating at that moment. Hope the other ladies can help.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
So yesterday I resisted pizza and cookies and I'm incredibly proud of myself. Those are my food weaknesses. I'm happy that I didn't cheat on my diet. The results will be worth it!

You're better than me... Today we had a company rep come and pitch us their programming system and they bought pizza for lunch. I ate two slices with sausage after I "swore" off swine. Im ashamed. I'm going back to this "strict diet" right now. :yep: annnnnd Im going to do 30min cardio to rid those extra calories.

Oh yea... New name new name! I'm excited my username has so many different meanings. Fits me well. Lol besides...Tasha isn't even my name lol

Last edited:

ronie

You're better than me... Today we had a company rep come and pitch us their programming system and they bought pizza for lunch. I ate two slices with sausage after I "swore" off swine. Im ashamed. I'm going back to this "strict diet" right now. :yep: annnnnd Im going to do 30min cardio to rid those extra calories. Oh yea... New name new name! I'm excited my username has so many different meanings. Fits me well. Lol besides...Tasha isn't even my name lol

Lollll. I have a love hate relationship with companies that do this. It sounds as if you have a strong come plan. Stick with it and you should be fine. No more cheating missy.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
Lollll. I have a love hate relationship with companies that do this. It sounds as if you have a strong come plan. Stick with it and you should be fine. No more cheating missy.

Yes ma'am no more cheating... This body can't afford all of that. I'll do better. I did cancel happy hour with some girlfriends... So I'm back on track.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
Today is the first day of the anti-candida diet I was prescribed, so I'm excited to get started.

B: 1 whole hardboiled egg + 1 hardboiled egg yolk + hot water with acv and cinnamon.
I am having a hard time finding sugar-free options for breakfast on campus since I can't have pork or dairy. When I was low carbing before, I always had a bunch of bacon, eggs, and coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. I would sometimes eat leftovers, too, but that was when I had my own kitchen. Any suggestions?

I think I will have chicken and green beans for lunch and turkey and green beans for dinner.

Maybe a meal replacement shake like Shakeology? Or if you want to buy those Odwalla bottled shakes those tend to be available on campus. A piece of fruit and you're good to go.

Honeytips

Had a really bad night last night - not a lot of sleep but I got up this morning and did Parkrun (timed 5k every Saturday morning) and I'm really glad that I did. Eating has been going well (just the occasional snack here and there) so I'm also happy with that.

ronie

30 minutes on the elliptical 30 minutes run/walk on the thread mill: 528 calories burn. I had a cinnamon raisin bagel thin (110 cal) with peanut butter and a glass of bolthouse carrot juice for breakfast. Lunch was a protein shake from the health food store (340 cal). Tonight is date night so we ll see how I do later.
I am currently preppooing with a protein conditioner. Will wash and DC with silk dreams shea what deux and do a blow out or a roller set.

Honeytips

davisbr88 - Promised pics of new hairstyle. I absolutely love it and wish that I did this years ago! First pic was at the salon, when I got home I henna'ed it and this morning I twisted it. Will leave the twists until Sunday then do a twist out for the rest of the week.
Can't wait to see what else I can do with my hair :drunk:

Attachments

• Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 28

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I really wish someone would invent a morning sickness simulation pill. I lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks without trying when I was pregnant with my son. I would give anything for that lack of appetite :yep:

davisbr88

Honeytips: Congrats on the cut!!! That looks like it will be SOOOO easy to maintain. I wish I wasn't on this no-cut til 30!

TwistedRoots: Thanks for the suggestions, but I can't have any sugar (including starches, fruits, etc)/dairy, so the shakeology shakes wouldn't work but that reminded me of some egg protein shakes I used to drink back in the day. I may look into that.

Prettymetty: I lost 10 lbs in 3 days when I had norovirus, which is a fair benefit considering how much terror it does to your body. I'm not going to lie and say I haven't thought of it once. Like, "maybe I can do another 3 days of terror for 10 pounds. This time will be different! I will keep those horrible pounds off!" :lachen:

NaturallyATLPCH

Can you do a protein shake? There are plenty of sugar free options. My favorite is the MyoFusion Protein Powder. Tastes great with water (or unsweetened vanilla almond milk). I personally like the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough one, but the Strawberry one is good as well davisbr88.

NaturallyATLPCH

So I went to the gym and did shoulders to get some weights in and ran 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I upped my speed from 5.0 to 5.2 and paid for it. I did too much too fast. I was so tired and my legs hurt tremendously! Plus I forget how difficult and drying it is when you are taking a decongestant. It did kind of help with my sinuses though (stupid cold).

My workouts are off, but I want to get in at least three days this week so I will do legs and interval training. I totally forgot that when I up my speed like that it's to do 1 mile, not 3. Ugh, overachievers smh...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My 3 new workout dvds are here. My Kerastase goodies came also. Next wash day will be epic. I'm looking forward to the shine, scent, slip, etc. The travel shampoos they sent me for free are actually a nice size so I don't have to buy shampoo for a while.

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH: Yeah, I am going to check into some egg white protein powder. I can't have dairy, so I can't do the Myofusion ones, but thank you for the suggestion!

Almond milk is dairy free. The Myofusion protein is dairy free also, if you don't like Almond Milk you can sub it with water. It still tastes great.

Egg white protein powder is also a great alternative as well. :)

ronie

So I fell asleep with that protein prepoo last night. I had no time for a long routine. I ended up shampooing and doing a quick DC in the shower using kerastase masquintense (the only product that truly DC my hair in 2 minutes... So does joico MRB, but kerastase is easier to apply.) I did a quick blow out, chunky twists and set them on perm rods for an hour and half. It turned out surprisingly nice: big wavy blow out. I wore a dress without a waist trainer.
We went dancing so I had a Long Island iced tea and hot wings ( 4pieces).
This morning I had left over wings for breakfast with a glass of carrot juice.

ronie

I just reordered the phyto phytophanere vitamins. I wasn't going to, but after blowing my hair out last night, I believe it might be working. I just completed 2 month bottle, so I will give my final verdict after this next 2 month supply.

davisbr88

NaturallyATLPCH: Yeah, whey is a dairy byproduct :(
AlexandriaKiera: Lots of people only go by measurements! I think that's what really makes the difference anyway, and you will have some non-scale victories to report :D
ronie: I want to see this blowout!!!! Also, great job on not needing to use your waist trainer! Yay for NSVs!

ronie

NaturallyATLPCH: Yeah, whey is a dairy byproduct :( AlexandriaKiera: Lots of people only go by measurements! I think that's what really makes the difference anyway, and you will have some non-scale victories to report :D ronie: I want to see this blowout!!!! Also, great job on not needing to use your waist trainer! Yay for NSVs!
I was rushing so much I didn't have time for pictures. We got home around 5 am and I quickly did 2 French braids before DH fell asleep on me, lollll.