Greenhouse Effect Challenge

westNDNbeauty

I secretly GHE'd a few nights ago. Hair was completely dried. Woke up with frizzy, soggy roots. Not the business....for me.

claud-uk

Baggied yesterday from am till bedtime. Hair is becoming so soft it's amazing. I really like doing this because there's less build-up come washday and less need to keep re-applying products through the week.

Saga

The Generous Queen
GHE'd last night with sulfur oil mix, used a bit more oil than usual I think. It's ok, since my roots dried rather quickly after taking the bag off. Gonna spritz with my spray bottle mix to get rid of a bit of the sulfur scent.

amwcah

I have been Gh'ing for about 1 month now. I haven't seen any sebum yet though. I have been doing it for at least 12 hours per day. My hair was cornrowed into a circle, for I have been wigging it.

Anyone see any sebum yet?

lamaria211

divachyk said:
Bump - ladies, what long term benefits did you all achieve from continuing GHE?

Moisturized hair the long term benifits are minimal ssk's and splits = better retention.

DivaJones

This is long over-due ladies and I apologize for not keeping you updated but I had family issues so here you go!!!!

Before

Then

After

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
You can still do the GHE on straight hair just wrap your hair first, put your scarf on, then the bag, and then the cap. I do this when my hair is straight and it looks like I came from the salon all shiny, and moisturized!

Hey DivaJones, I'm trying this method tonight since I have two flat twists in my head that I'm trying to preserve. This will be my first time using a scarf first. Hopefully I'll get some moisture going.

Smiley79

I'm loving this challenge....still doing it. I did the BC on 9/23 so now im doing it on a fade, lol.

Smiley79

omg, I was just thinking about this a couple nights ago wondering if anyone does it anymore. Since I'm having moisture retention issues lately, I was thinking that I was to resume the GHE method. Well blazingthru, you got one person here. :grin:

blazingthru

Smiley79, prettybyrd,

I have been doing this for three weeks and I have seen my crown flourish, its healthy and thick again. thats the number one thing I been so excited about. I have seen thickness and I do this every night without fail. it doesn't bother me. But I have learned to make sure I do my hair first. waking up and walking around with an afro is damaging on my hair and so I stopped doing that

Last edited:

prettybyrd

smiley97, prettybyrd,

I have been doing this for three weeks and I have seen my crown flourish, its healthy and thick again. thats the number one thing I been so excited about. I have seen thickness and I do this every night without fail. it doesn't bother me. But I have learned to make sure I do my hair first. waking up and walking around with an afro is damaging on my hair and so I stopped doing that

Congrats on your regrowth! I love this method. I don't always add oil to my scalp or hair when I do it, but it works for me just the same. I have edges again thanks to ghe.

blazingthru

So I use two baggies, two bonnets and a thick net hat. My hair is sometimes very very wet and sometimes just very moist. So excited about doing the three month challenge, though I plan to be here until i reach my goal. I use avocado oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil and argan oil all cold pressed, on my ends not my scalp but I do massage my scalp every day as well. It has stopped me from itching. oh and my grey hair is all over the place, that I dont' like at all, guess I will Henna this weekend.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm going to do this. I am trying to get my hair to finally get to ponytail level on natural hair that is not blow dried.:nono: I am 13 months post BC and I am dying for my hair to grow. I am going to try this method for 3 months. I'm going to keep my hair in protective styles for the challenge.

mshoneyfly

Hey!!

I GHE at least 3Xs a week overnight for about the past 6 months. I am texturized and finally retaining length for the first time ever. My hair has gotten thicker and I dont get those short broken hairs anymore when I comb.

I moisturize with shea moisture restorative conditioner and seal with jbco or safflower oil.

If this challenge is revived...I'm in!!!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

youwillrise

i tend to ghe more often in fall/winter...usually just about every night. sometimes i fall off the wagon...for a long time. i just started going back to doing it. i always love doing ghe/baggy.

Inspiired

I did GHE soooo much about two years ago, I'll probably try so more this winter :)

[P]http://www.youtube.com/bootyfurl