Greenhouse Effect Challenge

prettybyrd

I will GHE this evening because I'm going to put some JBCO on my scalp, but I'm going to begin GHE during the day since I will not be returning to work until January.

Going to braid it up this evening.

prettybyrd

Twisted my hair last night and wore a baggy over-night. Twists were soft and kept their shape well. Will be applying JBCO to scalp tonight.

blazingthru

I haven't been doing this guys, for like a month, I was just getting to overheated and I hate being overly hot while sleeping. So I gave it a break for the month of December. I don't now if i will be going back to doing it, though I thought about it last night, we will see

Cocoloves

Stopped GHE in the summer as it was over moisturizing my hair and causing breakage. But...this winter is already tough and my hair is the complete opposite...completely dry even after moisturize and seal. GHE to the rescue!

prettybyrd

I haven't been doing this guys, for like a month, I was just getting to overheated and I hate being overly hot while sleeping. So I gave it a break for the month of December. I don't now if i will be going back to doing it, though I thought about it last night, we will see

blazingthru, Have you ever considered doing the GHE earlier in the day/evening? Perhaps for a few hours after work/before bed instead of overnight. That would give you the chance to use the method, and eliminate getting too hot over night. HTH :)

blazingthru

blazingthru, Have you ever considered doing the GHE earlier in the day/evening? Perhaps for a few hours after work/before bed instead of overnight. That would give you the chance to use the method, and eliminate getting too hot over night. HTH :)

Excellent ideal! I will do that starting today. THanks so much

smores

Checking in for tonight, Jan 5th! I hope this plastic cap, turban, and scarf stays on. My white pillowcases can't take to many more slips, pun intended. :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im thinking about doing this while I wear a wig for the next 2 months. I will wear a bonnet over my braids, baggy over bonnet and a hair turban on top. It keeps the plastic quiet and it keeps my hair from getting too moist. I will use olive oil on my length and a mix of olive and tea tree on my scalp. Im trying to grow an inch between now and mid March.

smores

I'm not sure where I read it, but whoever mentioned a satin pillowcase in addition to my silk scarf, thank you sooooooooooooo much! My scarf stays on at night now!

DivaJones

I feel it is only fair that I update you ladies! I have continued to GHE everyday. There has been a dramatic change that I should revel to you all! It was not by choice since I let the wrong person in my hair and jealousy is an ugly trait.

Attachments

• image-4099368405.jpg
    image-4099368405.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1618842865.jpg
    image-1618842865.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image-933843243.jpg
    image-933843243.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 89

DivaJones

Yes I went natural and I still do the GHE! I had like 2 inches of hair and protective style like a mug to where I am at now!

Attachments

• image-198097890.jpg
    image-198097890.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1662438643.jpg
    image-1662438643.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3184525514.jpg
    image-3184525514.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 90

Smiley79

I started this back up last night...I cant believe I forgot how wonderfully moisturized my hair feels in the morning!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
When my hair is freaking out and nothing is working to keep it hydrated - GHE does the trick.

mshoneyfly

Havent checked in for a while but I have been scalp massaging with JBCO and Vatika oil mix and GHEing overnight 2x a week. I now have a new set of yarn braids and I figured I could still keep it up. I did it 3x this past week and will try for 3 next week.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

marta9227

when you guys GHE do how do you keep you hair? Is it in a bun, clipped up in a twist, in flat twists or celie braids or loose under all that laying? TIA!

@mshoneyfly
@divachyk
@Smiley79
@DivaJones

and all others...

I cut a hole in the top of a shower cap and a men's wave cap. I put my hair in a high bun. I pull the shower cap over the high bun and also the wave cap, snug to my scalp. Then I baggy the high bun and pull a big bonnet over the whole thing! I also have a winter hat with a hole in the top for when I want an extra layer of heat. With the baggied high bun on top of my head it's really easy to sleep on my back or side, because there's nothing lumpy or bumpy!

mshoneyfly

when you guys GHE do how do you keep you hair? Is it in a bun, clipped up in a twist, in flat twists or celie braids or loose under all that laying? TIA! @mshoneyfly @divachyk @Smiley79 @DivaJones and all others...

My hair is very fine and low to med density so its easy to control. If wearing a PS like a faux bun, I take the faux hair out and my hair is molded into a high bun. I loosen it and just slap on the conditioning cap, tie a scarf over that, sometimes a bonnet, then a winter hat. Then I restyle with my fingers and redo the bun in the am.

If I want to wear a straight out style, I cross wrap my hair, then tie on scarf, then the conditioning cap, then the winter hat. In the am I just unwrap and go.

I have even been GHEing with my braids. When I take these down, my PS will be 2 flat twists or braids with synthetic hair added. This style will all me to GHE without restyling in the am.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
TwoSnapsUp, I loosely twist the hair in a bun before layering on my plastic processing cap and two scarves. The next morning's hairstyle is a bun so there little to no manipulation required.

krissyc39

Starting pics:

1) This is how long my hair is in the front... sorry about the boobage ya'll :lachen:

2) This is the shortest strand of hair in the back (about 3 inches shorter than the front of my hair). Right now I have an overgrown curly bob but I'm hoping that I can grow the back of my hair healthy and long to be the same length as the front.

Attachments

• Photo on 2014-03-11 at 17.00.jpg
    Photo on 2014-03-11 at 17.00.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Photo on 2014-03-11 at 17.01.jpg
    Photo on 2014-03-11 at 17.01.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 49

krissyc39

GHE most nights since the challenge has started. This challenge is really forcing me to moistuize daily :)

One question though, have any of you ladies felt a change in your hair since the weather has warmed up? My hair feels so greasy and I'm not sure if its due to the extra moisturizing I'm doing or the humidity/heat changes...