Greenhouse Effect Challenge

beautyintheyes

Okay I have a weave in with micro in the front and will be bagging every night for the 2 months that I'll have it ad wash it every week and use Castro oil to seal my braids here is y natural hair in twists and my hair now with the weave

Attachments

• image-3940627556.jpg
    image-3940627556.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2103404162.jpg
    image-2103404162.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 110

growinstrong

My scalp itches like crazy. I'm definitely not going 1 whole month without washing, but I will try every 2 weeks. Hope this itching is a good itch :grin:.

DivaJones

58 days
1408 hours
84486 minutes
5069180 seconds
Until the challenge is over ladies, make sure you get your GHE on until then!!!!:grin:

DivaJones

Update #1

I have Singalese Twist in my hair as of 5-5-12 and will be hiding my hair until 10-12-12(a day after my birthday) I will use a plastic back(grocery bag) to do my GHE and will still keep you guys updated!!!
I am praying I make BSL or MBL by the time I take these out!!!!

growinstrong

Do you have pics of your twists? I want some of these so bad :yep:. How much did it run you?

Update #1

I have Singalese Twist in my hair as of 5-5-12 and will be hiding my hair until 10-12-12(a day after my birthday) I will use a plastic back(grocery bag) to do my GHE and will still keep you guys updated!!!
I am praying I make BSL or MBL by the time I take these out!!!!

DivaJones

They look great :yep:. How's it been with the twist and trying to GHE?

This is how I do the GHE

I take my twist and pull them in to a pony-tail

Take my wrap scarf and put it around the pony-tail leaving the tail out

Get a grocery bag and pull over my entire head and take to two handles and tie them together

Then I use my sleep bonnet or beanie cap(for extra heat)

Its going great so far my twist are loose a lil bit so I am enjoying it and excitingly waiting for my results in October!

DivaJones

Moisturized with my shea butter mix and sealed with my EVOO and with my conditioner concoction. GHE and twist are softer now!!!

DivaJones

did the GHE last night, woke up with soggy hair :(
i think i gotta lay off it a bit if im cowashing daily.

Just make sure your hair is dry prior to you GHE'ing at night. Had that same issue:look::look::ohwell::perplexed and I started waiting until my hair was completely dry then I would do the GHE and worked out fine.:yep:

Smiley79

Is my hair supposed to be somewhat soggy in the morning? I have been doing the GHE faithfully with WGHO.

sckri23

I ghe-ed for 2 days it was soaked and tangled I used a wide tooth comb and a cold air blow dry and my hair felt nice but it's too much work to do daily so ima ghe every 2 weeks from now on

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

growinstrong

any updates on moisture rentention and/or growth :ohwell:? As for myself, I am 3 weeks post and at my last salon visit, I had either some new growth or reversion. Hopefully it was growth, but my stylist made mention to it and I noticed I had less shedding during the detangling session. I GHE 6-7 nights a week and am loving it.

Saga

The Generous Queen
Oiled my scalp with my sulfur oil and currently rocking a grocery bag with a satin scarf over it.

DivaJones

Still doing the GHE and M&S'ing with my Singalese Twist and I need to get them re-done already! Just the crown atleast