Greenhouse Effect Challenge

DivaJones

I wear braidouts. Will that affect the hold?i don't want no damp braidout that is gonna revert.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

It depends on how much you sweat and how much product you use on your hair for a braidout. If you don't use alot of product and do the shower cap with the do-rag then your fine.... now if you put a beenie on top of your do-rag to add more heat your scalp will sweat a little more and leave it damp, but you can always let your hair dry prior to you leaving the house!

ReignLocks

DivaJones said:
No you can do it on relaxed hair, I am relaxed and I do this ALL the time

Should/can this be done prior to relaxing? I would assume that the process opens up the pores and could cause serious burning during the relaxing process.

Niknak20

I'm in! Lol I actually have been doing this since early March. I joined on real queens with track b. I've fell off a little but when I was consistent I noticed thickness and moisture right a way. I'll def get back on track now. I use Coconut and olive oil for my GHE. I'm going to try and do it 5 nights a week at least.

DivaJones

Should/can this be done prior to relaxing? I would assume that the process opens up the pores and could cause serious burning during the relaxing process.

To be honest I have not tried it. I let my hair sit for 2 days with out doing the GHE and its been working for me. I am not going to tell not to try it but I don't see the harm if you do this prior to relaxing.

ReignLocks

Can't wait to relax my hair today so that I can GHE! This will be my first time doing this so I am excited. Hopefully my hair won't be soggy.

Niknak20

I love doing the GHE it makes my hair nice and moisturized. I'd post a pic but my app is acting up and I'm at work. I'll try again later. But now my oil mix consists of: joboba oil, vitamin e oil, coconut oil, and evoo. I'm trying to do naptural85's mix I need to get sweet almond oil, castor oil, and I think avocado oil. Anyone ever try GHE with her oil mix?

DivaJones

Did the GHE last night with my sheabutter mix on my scalp and conditioner mix on my hair! LETS GET IT GHE!!!!

greenandchic

Did it last night after moisturizing my hair with water.

It could be my imagination, but I think my hair grew 1" in this past month. I had a lock I had to cut out of my hair which left me a tiny piece 2.5" long. I measured last night and its now 3.5. My hair does grow faster in the back. Now if only I can retain my hair better. :look: My hair overall is almost the same length as it was last summer...wonder why that is.

felic1

@gvin89

Hey Sis! I did GHE for most nights in 2011. I misted, and I used a lot of Infusium 23 in 2011. I sealed with coconut oil. I did my length check with a trusty beautician I used to see in a shop. I thought my hair was collar bone length. It slid over my shoulder and I had a nice pony tail as well. The GHE will work. You do need to have your hair in braids kept in a moisture balance as well. I am aiming for more natural products this year and am not using Infusium 23. Water moisturizing, co washing with the tresseme natural silicon free( using it up) and I use some AOWC or AOHR as well. My length checks are not frequent but if you use GHE, you will NOT regret it!!! Best wishes!!:look:

Last edited:

gvin89

^^^felic1, awesome...this is very comforting. Thanks so much. I was worried about my hair frizzing in the braids or them beginning to smell sour. I usually mist my hair with AVJ/water and oil my scalp anyway. Now I will just throw the plastic bag and durag over them. Excited!:spinning:

ReignLocks

So, I did the GHE and I am not sure if I like the way my hair felt afterwards. Once it dried, it felt brittle at the roots and I JUST got my hair relaxed. Does anyone have any advice?

ReignLocks

I just put on a plastic cap and tied it down with my scarf then let it air dry in the morning. I did not put oil on it until afterwards and it was Jojoba oil. I thought that the purpose of this was to let the natural oils, sebum, do what oils are suppose to do.....