Good oil for hairdress

soslychic

I'm looking for an oil to seal in moisture and to use as an overall hairdress. I have olive oil that I add to my conditioners and use as hot oi treatments, however, I want something lighter for a hairdress. I was thinking about jojoba oil, but isn't that kind of expensive? Could someone tell me about how much there brand is? What are some alternatives?

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I use joboba oil and it is very light. I buy mine at the local BSS and it costs $1.99 for about 2 oz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I wonder why I was under the impression that it was so expensive. Is there a unrefined type or something that costs more?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well, I looked on my bottle and it is mixed some other oils but joboba is the first ingredient. I gonna look up some prices of pure joboba oil. The one I use is still very light although.

Nyambura

surfer girl
You can also try Mountainrose Herbs, which sells certified organic jojoba oil at $21 for 16 oz. or $12.75 for 8 oz.
I think their jojoba oil is great!
Thanks to Jade 21 for the recommendation.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I found this info on another website. I thought it was quite interesting:

Jojoba Oil 4 oz.

Scientific Name: Simmondsai chinensis

Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed

Shelf Life: Very stable and can last for many years.

Jojoba is not an oil but a liquid wax which offers the traits of both to make it a great ingredients in soaps, creams, and massage oils. It is highly penetrating and closely resembles our sebum. This jojoba is pressed only once from the seeds and minimum pressure is used to obtain a finer quality oil. It is then pasteurized and filtered. A quality jojoba. (expeller pressed, pasteurized and filtered)

$11.50 Each Order

Applications:

Perfumes - Works very well.

Massage oil - Use with other fixed oils no more than 50% of formula.

Skin Care - Soothing, cleansing, softening, and moisturizing, good for scars, stretch marks, acne

(non-comedogenic - will not cause blackheads or pimples to form on the skin).

Soap Making - Cleansing bars for dry or oily skin.

Hair Care - Used in shampoos and conditions. Good for

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
cardinalfire said:
I like jojoba oil and sweet almond oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me of sweet almond oil. That was another thing I had in mind. How does it compare to jojoba in consistency and price?

TinyT

I bought Almond, apricot kernal, and grapeseed oil a few weeks ago. I have used the almond, and I like it, but it is heavier than the apricot oil. So when i am going out during for the day, I run the apricot kernal oil through my hair, and it soaks in, but isn't greasy to the touch. I think i will use the almond more when it gets cold. Which isn't going to be soon here in Texas. I like mixing the almond oil with a little conditioner for a leave-in. I will try the grapeseed oil next week, to see how it is.