Keracare Users..Please Advise

goldenage

Hey Ladies,

Since I :love: the humecto and their detangling shampoo, I am thinking about purchasing from Sheldeez the following Keracare Products: Kera Care Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil 16 oz, Kera Care Conditioning Creme Hairdress 4 oz., Kera Care Essential Oils for the hair 4 oz.. I am looking for something to replace my current moisturizer (Cathy Howse's Moisturizer). I usually use it after Giovanni direct leave in and as a daily moisturizer....but I want to get something different because my supply is running out.

What are your take on these products? I did a search and saw that some people weren't feeling the Moisturizer stating that is was "greasy" and made their hair feel dry because it had mineral oil in it. Also what is the difference b/w the Moisturizer and the Crem Hairdress? How do you use them? Are you using the Essential Oils for sealing only (I already use WGHO so I'm not sure if this would just be a replacement???

TIA!

MizaniMami

Girl I wasn't feeling the jojoba oil moisturizer AT ALL! I took that ish back to the store (walmart salon). Made my hair greasy, and ugly PLUS it stinks.

Ps: Be careful with Sheldeez. They have a little habit of NOT telling you when things are out of stock. PLEASE call them first to make sure all the things you want are in stock and ready to be shipped BEFORE you order. Because of this, I won't order from them again. They billed me for everything and didn't even ship a third of my order.:ohwell:

SoniT

I've used the Oil Moisturizer and didn't like it. It reminded me of the Pink Lotion moisturizer, but not quite as heavy. :crazy: I've also used Keracare's Essential Oils and I liked that OK but there was nothing spectacular about it. My favorite KeraCare product is the Hydrating Detangling Shampoo.

gorgeoushair

macherieamour said:
Gurl, lemme PM you.

If I do one more post on Keracare, ima get kicked off the board:fishslap:
PM me too.......I was thinking of going with this line. I already have and love the hydrating poo and humecto. Thanks

jasmin

I think the jojoba moisturizer works best when you put it on while your hair is wet. Don't know why.

NeeSee

I didn't like the Oil Moisturizer either but since I had orderd a large bottle I didn't want it to go to waste. So I added cocnut oil to it and now it is a staple of mine. It makes my hair so soft and moisturized.

Candy_C

jasmin said:
I think the jojoba moisturizer works best when you put it on while your hair is wet. Don't know why.

i agree! i wouldn't dream of using it on dry hair, i dont like it at all on my dry hair its greast and thick. best for hair that is soaking-damp (sprayed with water its great)

goldenage

thanks ladies for the responses...I'm taking in all the comments on the Moisturizer...but what about the essential oils and cream hairdress??

macherieamour: thanks for the PM...appreciate it!

MizaniMami: Thanks for the warning about Sheldezz...i guess I'll look elsewhere..

so1913: I'll check them out (instead of Sheldezz)! Thanks!

jasmin

Like others have mention discount-beauty is great to purchase from. Irbys is also great but they don't have offer any kind of free shipping.

Usually I just purchase certain items that I can't find anywhere else on line from irbys who has the fastest shipping I've ever seen.

ChasingBliss

macherieamour said:
Gurl, lemme PM you.

Oh heck no!!! You aint going no where girl :lol:...I loooove your hair I am now convinced that Keracare is worth the try. Someone recently pm'd me about my regimen and I shared my trusty old Nexxus stuff. But, after all these months, I am about to change all that. Im going shopping for Keracare. And Thank you so much for posting your regimen in your blog. Your hair looks shiney, bouncy and thick straight to the ends....love it. Is the ORS mayo contributing to that thickness?

macherieamour

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Oh heck no!!! You aint going no where girl :lol:...I loooove your hair I am now convinced that Keracare is worth the try. Someone recently pm'd me about my regimen and I shared my trusty old Nexxus stuff. But, after all these months, I am about to change all that. Im going shopping for Keracare. And Thank you so much for posting your regimen in your blog. Your hair looks shiney, bouncy and thick straight to the ends....love it. Is the ORS mayo contributing to that thickness?

Thanks:grin: My hair thickened and grew a lot when i started rollersetting. I had it first done in college and my hair got super healthy right away. I never really had bad practices really (my mom took me to the salon every week) but I started blowdrying and over curling my hair in high school which is when it started to break off and get really dry. Rollersetting and wrapping kept it moisturized and helped cut down on the heat styling. Keracare helped hydrate it. ORS has made it even stronger:)

LABETT

I love the Keracare hydrating poo and humecto in the tub.
I have not tried the products mentioned above.

gradygirl

This is my take on the products I've used:

1. Hydrating Shampoo - It's the best I've ever used
2. Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo - It did okay but did not stop my itchies
3. Dry & Itchy Scalp Conditioner - Stopped my itchy scalp like nothing ever has.
4. Humecto - I've only used the one in the bottle and I hated it but I have seen alot of women post that the one in the tub is excellent.
5. Moisturizer with jojoba oil - I did not like it at all. It is too greasy.
6. Leave in - It did a pretty good job
7. Silken Seal - I love it as a sealant and for its shine.
I ordered the Elucence line to see if I like it better out of curiosity. If I don't like it I will stick with this product line.

ChasingBliss

macherieamour said:
Thanks:grin: My hair thickened and grew a lot when i started rollersetting. I had it first done in college and my hair got super healthy right away. I never really had bad practices really (my mom took me to the salon every week) but I started blowdrying and over curling my hair in high school which is when it started to break off and get really dry. Rollersetting and wrapping kept it moisturized and helped cut down on the heat styling. Keracare helped hydrate it. ORS has made it even stronger:)
Koooool, thanks!

madamdot

macherieamour said:
Gurl, lemme PM you.

Me too. I just got the oil moisturizer to try (I love the exchange board :D )and I am hoping it will control my crazy new growth. I want have an appt at the salon next week but I want to cancel and stretch to mid to end of July.

It looks like it would be good for a braid out- which I have yet to master :(

Thanks

sareca

MizaniMami said:
Girl I wasn't feeling the jojoba oil moisturizer AT ALL! I took that ish back to the store (walmart salon). Made my hair greasy, and ugly PLUS it stinks.

Ps: Be careful with Sheldeez. They have a little habit of NOT telling you when things are out of stock. PLEASE call them first to make sure all the things you want are in stock and ready to be shipped BEFORE you order. Because of this, I won't order from them again. They billed me for everything and didn't even ship a third of my order.:ohwell:

Say what?! I love this stuff. I'm trying to find it in gallon size. It is heavy tho. But I think that's what I like about it. Everything just wasn't cuttin' the dryness.

MizaniMami

sareca said:
Say what?! I love this stuff. I'm trying to find it in gallon size. It is heavy tho. But I think that's what I like about it. Everything just wasn't cuttin' the dryness.

See, I never tried it on wet hair. I think I may need to.

PS: Are you excited about getting off the UBH challenge? DO you think it worked/helped? How long were you on?

Candy_C

if ur a heat user, creme headdress and essential oils are the best thing u could ever do for your hair.

no need 2 flat iron, these 2 make your hair look pro done. i blowdried...i just used these two together and i'm angry that i didn't find these years ago!

Zahrah

I also love the Keracare line. Currently using detangling poo, humecto cond, leave-in cond, silken seal and foaming wrap/set lotion. The smell is intoxicating and it lasts for days. I also ordered from Discountbeauty and they still offer free shipping for orders over $60 and I received my products within 2 days.

LABETT

Please PM me Macherieamour I want to get start using the whole line plus I can get the products half price.