sealants?

Mercie

I am currently trying to find a new product to seal my hair with.
Right now I am using; Palmer's Olive Oil Formula - Olive hairdress.
I really don't like it because, it stinks and it is VERY greasy.

I've been looking at serums but, I haven't found any that I have liked the ingredients. (they all have cones =/) ((Can you even use a serum to seal moisture?))

Oh, and what are pomades and hair butters used for. Can they be used as sealants as well?

Any product suggestions would be great. Thanks =]

Barbie83

I love using serums to seal, b/c I love lots of SWANG and I hate greasy hair. I also love cones tho, so I won't recommend any of the serums I use. Lots of ladies love coconut oil, because it penetrates and conditions the hair without that greasy feeling. I have some shipping to me at this moment :yep:

Mercie

Wait, are cones bad for your hair? The only reason why I said I didn't like the cones is because I thought that they just sit on your hair and don't come off unless you clarify. But, if they are good then I am open =]

VictoriousBrownFlower

The best thing to seal your hair with in my opinion in either oils or butters. My fave is either avocado butter it doesnt really have a smell to it or if you are willing to spend the extra bucks karens body beautiful hair cream. You can get it in a variety of scents. Both absorb well into the hair.

About the cones your pretty much right about them. They dont really damage your hair as much as they just sit on your hair. You would need to clarify more often if you use them regularly.

hth

4mia

I use either proclaim 7 olive oil from sally's wich is wonderful or I use a serum
When I moisturize with qhemet brb or aob I really don't have to seal

MangaManiac

I use EVOO infused with fragrances. It's my updated MoeGro oil (recipe in blog). However, I am going to be getting some new oils soon and some raw shea butter which I'm planning on whipping (once I figure out how), so that will probably go on my length.

I've heard great things about grapeseed, jojoba, and coconut oil though. If you add some lavender or peppermint essential oil the smell can TOTALLY change!

darlingdiva

Because I have fine hair, I like to seal my hair with light oils. I seal my twists with the Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Oil.

charmtreese

I seal with castor oil at night (just use a little, a little goes a long ways) and Joico restorative hair oil in the morning (this does has cones, but its an awesome product)!