G-d's blessings!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I've been off work for a year. I had to have a much needed rest...only to find that I wasn't getting the change I needed when the serious job search began, months ago. I had taken that risk but later on, got so scared. G-d has helped us through it anyway. Now, my former company merged with 2 others...and they've hired me back, to a much better position. I had written off! Where did this come from? They were suddenly blowing up my phone through a hiring agency. To tell the truth, I hated them for various reasons...since they took us over in a previous state and wrecked us lolol...so it felt. But I'm glad to have this new position and pray that I am effective and satisfied and recognize these blessings in this hard economic downturn.

I also am working on translator training and a position with the school district to utilize my degree so I'd appreciate prayers on that. I sat on it 10 years with kids. This new re-hire is to tide me over and I might be able to keep it and work for the school district part-time,even for an adult-ed position, but I ultimately crave to use my G-d-given talents. I am more hopeful now that it willcome to pass. I'm just excited, that's all. And I know there are many stones in any road. I'm just happy to be able to walk on some kind of road.

There's another development, a religious one, and I'm excited about that too. It seems, that after all this soul searching, something has come up to pave the way for us...our weirdly placed family lol. It was unexpected but happened a few months ago in a decision made by the pontiff. I just hadn't noticed because was so self-absorbed into my problems, one of which is a crippling fear. I'd appreciate prayers on that for strength and protection. But it gives me much freedom and asserts unity so I am free to move on and attend that which so draws me. I even have hope to remarry some day. Things will work out. G-d has been with me. He'd been there even when I didn't see His footprints...because He was busy being my friend...we are called..."friends." Achim!

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
(John 15:13)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t9lmzC2OMc

Last edited:
Is there a reason why you spell God like G-d? I see this all the time and I don't understand it

Is there a reason why you spell God like G-d? I see this all the time and I don't understand it

It's a habit from Hebrew tradition I developed. You don't take the Name in vain and to fully spell it out and it could be thrown away (piece of paper...etc...) would be a sort of desecration. It's just a sign of respect.

It's a habit from Hebrew tradition I developed. You don't take the Name in vain and to fully spell it out and it could be thrown away (piece of paper...etc...) would be a sort of desecration. It's just a sign of respect.

Wow. I had wondered the same thing. Thanks for that. I truly respect that idea, I might try practicing it.

Back