FYI, Shapley's new M-T-G is finally here!

Why are they trying to act like only African-American ladies use it when we found out about it from the Caucasian ladies?:look:

Oh, I guess cause we were the main ones calling them up telling them how well it works onn *gasp* humans. Why can't we just buy something and let their increase in sales speak for themselves? Why do we always have to go and tell the person making the product, thus they up the price because of a little concept called "supply and demand.":drunk:

Thank you !!

So its the same but with a higher price tag. I can get BT for a little less and still have a plesant small. I think i will still use my original MTG....why change what i know works.

That's how I feel about the situation. I bought some off the exchange forum that had peppermint oil in it, and it masks the smell pretty well. I don't shed like I did on BT, and it works well. I got me a thin tip color applicator bottle (a la Sulu's bottle), and I'm good to go.

Why is it that the testimony on the front page is from some woman named: Shaniqeua Lewis :ohwell: but the other testimonies are just initials? :confused: I'm feeling like that website is an insult to my intelligence. :naughty:

I'd rather support Naturallady or make my own sulphur mix. :yep:

Will you stop! :lachen::lachen:

I was soooo trying to overlook that and let it ride because I thought :look: maybe it was someone on here... cause they definately got the idea because of us.

:Devil: but how many hair secrets have we discovered just by being open-minded & willing to give things a try ---- Shapley's MTG, MN, BT, Oil rinses...to name a few

Oh and another thing when you click on the link in the original post it comes up "Untitled Document". :perplexed WTH?! :nono:

Why is it that the testimony on the front page is from some woman named: Shaniqeua Lewis :ohwell: but the other testimonies are just initials? :confused: I'm feeling like that website is an insult to my intelligence. :naughty:

I'd rather support Naturallady or make my own sulphur mix. :yep:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: O Gosh!! thats really disrespectful....

"Our Products" (with an S) only has one product.

Click on *store* and it tells you your shopping cart is empty.

It says *dermatologist tested*....I think they really mean LHCF tested. :lachen:

:nono: :ohwell: :perplexed

This is too funny. I'm not sure how much the S&H is but you can purchase the good old MTG from www.americalivestock.com for about 10.59 I think shipping is about 7 dollars for UPS ground. I purchased some around July and it's still that price today. Just wanted to share with those who would prefer to purchase the regular bacon MTG. LOL

All I gotta say, is why her name gotta be
"Shaniqeua" ? :perplexed

This product is truly amazing,
I noticed a difference within only
a week of using it. I have been
using M-T-G for years, thanks
for making a New product just
for me … my hair will continue
to grow long and beautiful!
-Shaniqeua Lewis,Scotsdale Michigan

ETA: Somebody beat me to it!

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to share that Shapley's new M-T-G is finally here :dance7:. I received my order today and I must say that I like it. It's called Sulu Max Gro and the website is www.suluhair.com . Max Gro is the same as the original M-T-G but with a pleasant smell & better quality of carrier oil. Well I'm off to my personal Sulu challenge.

Marcia16

Did you really order this or are you one of those marketing "spies"?

Oh and another thing when you click on the link in the original post it comes up "Untitled Document". :perplexed WTH?! :nono:

I know I should not be posting right now and get my butt to studying, but I just had to say something!!!

I noticed this, too!!

No decent or even mediocre web designer would publish a site without a title. :nono:

I also, don't like that they are marketing this to black women.

Poor thangs. They just don't know any better. :nono:

Well I guess they figured out how to squeeze a few more dollars out of black women. I'll probably either order more BT or make my own.

And another thing. I'm from Michigan and never heard of a darn Scotsdale...now there's a Scotsdale, AZ. There are some Scotsdale Apartments in I think Westland but I have never in my life heard of Scotsdale, Michigan and if there was one believe me "Shaniqeua" damn sure don't stay there. This is B.S.

... I noticed the same thing! Something just isnt right about this site. It looks like their target market is ONLY African Americans. I wonder how many other companies are going to start coming out with the miracle growth product that does the same thing as MTG but without the smell.

I think I will just support NaturalLady...at least I know she uses her product and has had success with it and is out to help others. I dont think she just created this product to make money but to help others. Maybe I am slow but why couldnt they just advertise their new Sulu Max Gro on the same MTG site?

I will wait to see if some get the same results before trying it. But the product junkie in me wants to whip out the credit card!:perplexed

And another thing. I'm from Michigan and never heard of a darn Scotsdale...now there's a Scotsdale, AZ. There are some Scotsdale Apartments in I think Westland but I have never in my life heard of Scotsdale, Michigan and if there was one believe me "Shaniqeua" damn sure don't stay there. This is B.S.

I agree! This is a crock...I hope you ladies know that we do have "marketing" spies in our midst, they are all "suggestive" torward products...All gently pushing "miracle" products.

Any marketing majors out here? These are soft selling tactics you learn your first year of college...

Well folx bombarded them with emails, asking for ingredients, better smellng product, safety info and sent links to refer them back to this site. Why not market it to us? 12.00 bucks + shipping isnt bad for folx who dont want to mix their own. It's more expensive than MTG, but if you recall they had to raise the price of MTG, it is supposed to have a better carrier oil, and they have to recoup prices from product development. Folx asked for it, they delivered. I dont see the problem, especially if you dont have to walk around smelling like 3-day old pork to get good results. Thanks to natural lady, there are other options, but for a long time that wasnt the case if you didnt want to mix your own.

I have no interest of purchasing this product but out of curiosity I clicked on the link . I didn't like the site either...I noticed that it was hosted by GoDaddy.com and I'm not keen on purchasing products from companies that use GoDaddy as their host.

I just tried to Google Map it: http://maps.google.com/

There is no such place!

They messin' with the wrong group of sistas'!

I have no interest of purchasing this product but out of curiosity I clicked on the link . I didn't like the site either...I noticed that it was hosted by GoDaddy.com and I'm not keen on purchasing products from companies that use GoDaddy as their host.

GoDaddy.com...:lachen:

The smell wasn't that bad IMO! The sulfur reminds me of the pressing oil my mom use to use when she would give me a press. I'll stick to what i know. Peppermint and Sweet almond oil has helped me fall in love with it:blush:

Last edited:
The same thing I was thinking, I remember when folks was hype over MTG and was doing all that you stated.....
Well folx bombarded them with emails, asking for ingredients, better smellng product, safety info and sent links to refer them back to this site. Why not market it to us? 12.00 bucks + shipping isnt bad for folx who dont want to mix their own. It's more expensive than MTG, but if you recall they had to raise the price of MTG, it is supposed to have a better carrier oil, and they have to recoup prices from product development. Folx asked for it, they delivered. I dont see the problem, especially if you dont have to walk around smelling like 3-day old pork to get good results. Thanks to natural lady, there are other options, but for a long time that wasnt the case if you didnt want to mix your own.

You took the words right out of my mouth...er, post. :lol: Before BT and other products, women demanded a better smelling sulfer product and Shapley's has finally delivered. I actually wish most manufacturers were as responsive to our requests. :yep:

To be honest, I'm not going to buy it because I am happy with my own, but I truly commed their efforts to meet customer demands.

Now, if only they can only clean up their marketing tactics.... (tacky, tacky, tacky :nono: :ohwell: :lol: )

Hi Smitage,

Yes I really did purchase Sulu Max Gro!!! I am very excited.

No, I'm not a marketing spy :lachen:. I just wanted to share with my LHCF family about Shapley's new product. I know a lot of ladies on here are currently using or have used MTG in the past. I have used it in the past but had to discontinue use due to the overbearing smell. i remember last year when this new product was in the making. people were contacting Shapley's complimenting on how wonderful MTG was discussing the pros(unbelieveable hair growth & thickness), the cons(overbearing smell). I guess with the overwhelming feedback & request, they developed a product that was requested by consumers which I think is great. Just wanted to share with those that are interested.

Marcia16

Last edited:
Back