For those who use a spray bottle

diamond_nh

Are you spraying your hair with the distilled water daily and letting it air dry? How much do you spray on? Is this what you call rinsing? I know what conditioner washes are but in a lot threads this is being called rinsing. Please let me know your regime with the spray bottle (misting)?

Peachtree

Hi diamond,
I mist my hair daily with distilled water (lately i've mixed it with pure glycerine to keep my new growth moist). I don't know, or didn't realize this is referred to as "rinsing", but I'm curious to see what others have to say about this...

BTW, I mist until dripping wet, then pull the length back into a bun to air dry.

daviine

Hi diamond

My spray bottle sprays a fine mist. I spray my hair about 4-6 times. Afterwards, I apply one or more of the following (just depends)--oil, serum, moisturizer. I then put it ina ponytail. This makes my hair soft. If I don't mist my hair first, the moisturizer or oil just sits on my hhair. HTH

keiron

i wear twists on hair and i usally mist mine with water and coconut oil at night to keep my twists soft.....but this time ive not sprayed my hair at all for 1 week and ive not gotten no build or fuzzy ness but this was a lil test but cause i use a great creme formula for my twists it keeps them moist and shiny at all times.

sweetcocoa

I mist till my hair is wet(I use distilled and jojoba oil). When I rinse I pour a gallon of distilled water over my head(warmed in the winter),
When I do a conditioner wash I wet with distilled water, then massage my scalp with conditioner of choice then rinse with cool water.
If my scalp is sweaty I put a conditioner over my hair, apply shampoo(diluted) with a hair coloring bottle to my roots only, scrub my scalp and then rinse with warm distilled water, followed by a conditioner and then a final rinse of cool water.

diamond_nh

Hi Everyone,
I sent a reply this morning wonder what happened, probably me. Thanks for your advice. I don't really wear my hair in a bun and I don't want my hair to be soaking wet all the time.So maybe I can get away with misting in the morning or at night with some distilled water mixed with some Infusium 23/some type of oil/condition. Well that is if it would still be beneficial. I know, I really need to find a protective style.

daviine

Diamond, I don't mist my hair until wet.....I don't think you can even consider it damp...but there'e enough water on my hair to help my oils or moisturizers work better.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone,
I sent a reply this morning wonder what happened, probably me.

[/ QUOTE ]
The board has been experiencing some problems. So, it's not you hon. Just wanted to let you know.

diamond_nh

Thanks Allandra, lol I thought I was going crazy.

Daviine, that would work better for me and that was what I was hoping would work. Just got to get me a bottle tomorrow. Thanks