best spray bottle for mtg?

godzooki

Ok, everyone is talking about how they spritz mtg (with added ingredients) into their hair and I broke down and got a trial bottle. My problem is so far I've gone thru 2 different spray bottles trying to find one that wont clog up while I'm spraying, giving my hand a cramp and making me frustrated when nothing comes out :mad: . Any suggestions on spray bottles that won't clog or am I not diluting it enough? If diluting is the case, what works best? I added a little bit of Better Braids spray, pepermint and ylang ylang eo's (all I had on me) to it but I was not sure about adding water. I do have some rose water I thought of but was not sure if it would work? Any suggestions? Should I just add more better braids spray?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Why Spray?? Put your ingredients into an applicator bottle with the slim tip and shake well. You get more accurate application this way.

L

LaNecia

I also use the color applicator bottle. Tried the spray bottles and encounted the same problems you have.

kizzylonghair

I am co-signing with a few other ladies, get a colour bottle.
You can mix what ever you like and the stuff get right on your scalp

Good Luck

divinefavor

Good Morning Everyone!

I use applicator bottles and they have worked that well for me. They either to come out enough on my scalp or they come out too much and my hair becomes really greasy and usually the first day of applying I have a greasy neck and ears and constantly have to wipe them while at work. Is there a difference between regular applicator bottles and color applicator bottles. If so, how would I be able to tell the difference? Also, where do you buy them?

TIA for your help!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
The color applicator bottles have a really small hole at the tip. This way you can control how much or little is applied to your scalp. There are other bottle with bigger holes but as you stated it winds up making a big mess in the end.

I buy mine at Sally's and they are usually smaller than regular applicator bottles. If you look at the tip, it looks as if there is a pin holes there not big enough for hardly any liquid.

When I use mine, I actually have to squeeze the liquid through to get more out. HTH

divinefavor

Thanks, I think I have one like that from Sally's. I have to squeeze it really hard, it's kind of nerve racking. :lol: But, I'll try to use that one. Thanks DSD!

godzooki

ok, I'll try an applicator bottle and if that does not work I will go for the plant sprayer. thanks guys!

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
the fubu oil spray bottle works really well for me but so does my empty victoria secret body spray bottle :look: WHAT ITS ALL IN THE NAME OF RECYCLING

oglorious1

Mixologist
I found a great spray bottle at Wal Mart in Arkansas, that doesn't clog, on the bottom of the straw part, that's on the inside, they put like a little screen or filter on the bottom of the straw part to prevent the clogging, it works really great, and I haven't had one clog yet...I hope I can find them here, I'm gonna look this week..

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I like my sprayer and I don't use that much. I just part the hair in four section and spray once in each section. Massage my scalp and i'm done. It is convenient for me. I have alot left after using it for the past four weeks.