Are Spray Mist Moisturizers Effective???

seraphim712

Here's what I mean by spray mist moisturizers:

When you take a small spray bottle (for hair) that has a mist stream on the nozzle, put a mixture of oil , lotion, or conditioner with distilled water and spray it on your hair on a daily basis. Does this work wonders for the hair such as moisturizing??? Is it also go for wash n go hair do's? If so, I would like some recipes please.

Just curious...

alexstin

This works great for me. 3oz scurl no drip, 2 oz distilled water and about 10 drops of oil of my choice.

camellia

Yes. I fill my bottle with spring water, and then add some honey (small amount maybe a teaspoon or so) and a few drops of oil.

seraphim712

camellia said:
Yes. I fill my bottle with spring water, and then add some honey (small amount maybe a teaspoon or so) and a few drops of oil.

This sound pretty good. What does the honey do for your hair???

camellia

seraphim712 said:
This sound pretty good. What does the honey do for your hair???

It enhances and the natural curl and also draws moisture into the hair. I mostly use it on humid days to get the full effects of the honey, drawing all the moisture from the air into my hair.

Ayeshia

they are only effective when I spray first and then seal with an oil or moisturizer. If I use something like motions leave in spray etc alone my hair laughes at it. Biolage leave in Tonic was the only leave in that my hair did benefit from without the other products.

seraphim712

camellia said:
It enhances and the natural curl and also draws moisture into the hair. I mostly use it on humid days to get the full effects of the honey, drawing all the moisture from the air into my hair.

I think I'll try this with avacado...

natstar

I use spray moiturizer and it's effective. I mix some distilled water w/cheapy conditioner, honey or glycerin, jojoba, and castor oil. Works great.

sareca

I use Eqyss Rehydrant and Avocado Mist. They do amazing things for my hair, but I still seal with a oil-based product afterwards.

HoneyDew

For me they are not.

But, I MUST use one for detangling and as a leave-in. Without them for that function alone my hair does not seem to do as well.

On my wet hair before applying my creamy moisturizer has been great. Alone - NOT!

HoneyDew

sareca said:
I use Eqyss Rehydrant and Avocado Mist. They do amazing things for my hair, but I still seal with a oil-based product afterwards.

I am so tempted to try the Eqyss line! I need to use up my 50-11 other products first!

sareca

HoneyDew said:
I am so tempted to try the Eqyss line! I need to use up my 50-11 other products first!

Girl, as many ingredients and products as you have you could probably make some Eqyss. :lachen:
Actually.... :think: one of the ingredients in MegaTek is marine protein (which is probably just marine collagen). :yep: Speaking of collagen, I ordered some from Snowdriftfarms and I love it. I could feel a difference in my hair the first time I used it. It wasn't dramatic but it was more than I expected. I've added a little to my braid spray and I'm gonna try it in my next batch of red palm cream. :yay: I can't wait to see what it does over a few months. :D

Thanks so much for the rave. I'm gonna have to start following you and VWVixxen around now.

PinkAngel

Not for me. I've tried a couple recipes and they all make my hair feel gummy. That Avocado Mist sounds tempting though.

HoneyDew

sareca said:
Girl, as many ingredients and products as you have you could probably make some Eqyss. :lachen:
Actually.... :think: one of the ingredients in MegaTek is marine protein (which is probably just marine collagen). :yep: Speaking of collagen, I ordered some from Snowdriftfarms and I love it. I could feel a difference in my hair the first time I used it. It wasn't dramatic but it was more than I expected. I've added a little to my braid spray and I'm gonna try it in my next batch of red palm cream. :yay: I can't wait to see what it does over a few months. :D

Thanks so much for the rave. I'm gonna have to start following you and VWVixxen around now.

:lol:

You know I find the Marine protein to help with moisture as well. My hair was dry once and after a treatment with marine protein it was better.

I am going to do a cassia treatment this weekend. I am going to put a bit of the Marine protein in there to see how it goes. This will be interesting.