Flat Ironed & Layered My Own Hair (Pics)

tiffjust2002

Now that title is a little misleading. Let me clarify I always flat iron my own hair but I recently for the first time cut layers in my own hair. I followed this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamVwPGm3As

This is before the cut, after being flat ironed

beforecut1112.jpg

After the Cut
aftercut1112.jpg

Here is the hair I cut off
haircut.jpg

This is the next day after I wrapped my hair, slept and then added some curls with my big barrel curling iron.
layers1112.jpg

Here is side view, you can really see the layers here.
sideview.jpg

I love my new cut!

Toy

You have some thick,beautiful hair great job.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

manter26

Looks lovely! Makes me want to get a good cut but I'm still growing out a terrible, oddly layered one from a year ago.

Victorian

old head
Nice job! I use that ponytail method to trim my hair also, although I don't do the layers. Maybe I'll try this for the holidays :yep:

loveafterwar

Very pretty. It's so full and thick. I'm too scared to bring scissors near my real hair, but I'll layer the mess out of my weaves lol.

Lylddlebit

Looks great. I love the fact that your hair looks exactly the same length after what looks like was a cut of at least an inch(judging from your sinks stopper). Great job

Guinan

Re-Branding
You did an amazing job!! When my hair gets your length, I plan on adding layers and color. It's nice to know that YOU CAN really do your own hair without the add of a hair stylist.

tiffjust2002

Does layered hair make your hair look thicker asking because thinking of the layered look for me

I think so personally, I think because it adds volume and dimension to your hair therefore appearing to look thicker :grin: I could be totally wrong though but that's just my thoughts. I get that effect on my hair vs. when it's all one length. Plus when I do braid outs, twist outs, or wash n go's I like the look of the shorter layers laying on top of the longer layers.

tiffjust2002

Looks great. I love the fact that your hair looks exactly the same length after what looks like was a cut of at least an inch(judging from your sinks stopper). Great job

Me too I was amazed. Although I should note that I didn't cut much off that last bottom half, just a slight trim. I tried to cut the front and crown areas mostly, I didn't want to lose length.

That's why I decided to cut it myself because everytime in the past I've been to a salon to get layers and I ALWAYS say I don't want to lose any length just layer the middle I'd always come out with some fly layers but like 2-3 inches of length gone. So never again, I'll be a DIY'er fo life (in my Ice Cube voice :grin:)

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Now that title is a little misleading. Let me clarify I always flat iron my own hair but I recently for the first time cut layers in my own hair. I followed this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamVwPGm3As

This is before the cut, after being flat ironed

View attachment 176077

After the Cut
View attachment 176079

Here is the hair I cut off
View attachment 176081

This is the next day after I wrapped my hair, slept and then added some curls with my big barrel curling iron.
View attachment 176083

Here is side view, you can really see the layers here.
View attachment 176085

I love my new cut!

Aaahhh, sooooo pretty!!!! What a fantastic job you did. The layers are gorgeous!