Flat ironed again *pics*

anon123

So I flat ironed again. It didn't get very straight, it never does. But I was happy with it anyway. I went out to show it off and no one broke their necks checking me out. But that's okay. Maybe it was because it poofed out as I was walking. It's quite humid these days. In any case, I was still happy with it. And at least I got a picture of the before this time.

I used a Solia flat iron and CHI heat protectant after deep conditioning with Aveda Damage Remedy.

Before poofing:

flatiron1.jpg

After poofing:

flatiron2.jpg

I was actually hoping it lasted just long enough for my bf to help me cut the back to get rid of some of my layers. But it didn't make it. That's okay. I'll try again when it's not humid.

Soooooo pretty! You grow on girl! :grin:Your natural hair is awesome, and I'll bet you just didn't see them breaking their necks trying to figure out if it was yours. I know I would have been staring in jealousy and awe if I saw of head of hair like yours..

your hair looks beautiful and so long and thick, but Mwedzi, I don't see where it was flat-ironed at all...

Are you one of those who are afraid of heat? What temp are you flat-ironing at?

Chris RocK needs to see all this lusciousness growing out of your head:yep::yep::yep: You've done a wonderful job, and I hope every tightly curled member sees how good practices can make hair grow!

Did you want it to be straighter than how it came out?

I'm happy with how it came out. :yep:

your hair looks beautiful and so long and thick, but Mwedzi, I don't see where it was flat-ironed at all...

Are you one of those who are afraid of heat? What temp are you flat-ironing at?

Thank you. I flat ironed on 370. For reference, this is my shrunken hair and this is my blown out hair, so a flat iron is definitely needed for this much stretch.

Last edited:
That thickness and length!!:thud: The poof is fly:cool2: I need some a that in my life.......one day:pray: Your hair is soooo elegant regal and long:infatuated:

But um.....I wanna see how your hair would look silky straight:look: have you ever gotten it that straight or are you hesitant to put too much heat to it? Would you ever blow dry your hair, press it then flat iron on high heat with a ceramic iron?

That thickness and length!!:thud: The poof is fly:cool2: I need some a that in my life.......one day:pray: Your hair is soooo elegant regal and long:infatuated:

But um.....I wanna see how your hair would look silky straight:look: have you ever gotten it that straight or are you hesitant to put too much heat to it? Would you ever blow dry your hair, press it then flat iron on high heat with a ceramic iron?

How high? I did blow dry and flat iron on 370 with a ceramic flat iron. If y'all want silky straight out of my hair without heat damage or training, you may be out of luck. :giggle:

Very cute!!! I love the barrette :)
Your hair so thick and pretty!

I rarely flat iron either, because I suck at it and it doesn't last very long lol.

How high? I did blow dry and flat iron on 370 with a ceramic flat iron. If y'all want silky straight out of my hair without heat damage or training, you may be out of luck. :giggle:
Well thats definitely hot enough for the flat iron. Did you do a press as the middle step? Thats usually the key to me achieving a silky look when I'm a in a staightened mood. Otherwise my style wont last even a day. To get my coils sleek I use the hot tools hot comb as the middle step:yep: It would be soooooo amazing to see your full length that way!

Regardless, your coils are just spectacular:love2:, the shrinkage is amazing the thickness is a dream and the length is outta this world.

Last edited:
Ya know Mwedzi, I think you're probably WL now or pushing it. Gotta say that for the record. LOL...shrinkage for ya. ;)

^^^ I was thinking the same thing lol mwedzi if you're ever in NY, I'd love to style your hair just so I could play with it:giggle: heat or no heat.

Back